Wedding Dress - samples in UK size 12-14 (US 8 - 10)

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by AshleighW 10 yrs ago
The perennial problem of being normal sized in the UK but a total heifer by HK standards raises its head again: I'm at the beginning of a wedding dress search and just want to try some on to get an idea of what will and won't suit me, but I'm afraid that the samples in the vast majority of shops here will be size 10 or smaller.

I know that the usual process is to try a sample and then have it altered to an exact fit, but there's simply no point in me trying something I can't zip up the back or get over my hips.

I really don't relish the thought of multiple faux-sympathetic "sorry madam we no have large size" conversations at the start of what is supposed to be a fun and happy time for me. Does anyone know of anywhere that might have dresses in my size to try? I can probaly manage a trip to Singapore or KL if that's a better bet.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
eponine_cheung 10 yrs ago
I understand how you feel. You can try some shops which only sell (not rent) wedding dress. That could order larger size. But first it really depends on what style you are looking for. If you like designer gowns and have sufficient budget, white bridal and hitched are good choices. I tried both and they are very nice you wouldn't hear things like don't have your size. For me I love Jenny packham but they but the only shop selling it is the Wedding shop, and the people there are not that helpful. So I took a risk and ordered online myself ;)

Good luck! I know it's not easy to find the one

Please support our advertisers:

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad