Hit By A Bus: What To Do Next? HELP!

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by bus_accident_help 10 yrs ago
Hello,

Two days ago, my cousin (resident of USA) was walking in Hong Kong and was struck by a bus. The next thing he knows, he wakes up in a hospital with head, arm, leg injuries. He is stable, but needs much surgical work done. We anticipate very high hospital costs.

As he was just visiting Hong Kong and not a resident, what should be our next steps? We feel the bus company should take responsibility. However, my cousin does not remember anything from the accident, other than he was hit. He was walking alone at the time. As no one from the bus company has tried to contact him and no police have contacted us, we are assuming it was a "hit and run".

My cousin is still hospitalized in Hong Kong. Any advice at this point would be helpful. My cousin's father is completely devastated and depressed about the situation and I'd like to find some information for him so he feels less helpless.

Any help is appreciated to point us in the right direction. Thank you so much.

- Anna

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
cookie09 10 yrs ago
uh excuse my ignorance but how does he know it was a bus if he remembers nothing? or he just remembers that?

also how did he get to the hospital? surely there was some ambulance, etc? and that would imply that police was on the scene?

why don't you contact police to file a police report and then they would check what reports they already have to match up

Please support our advertisers:

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad