Help - need a counselor for 5 year old

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Stanley35 10 yrs ago
Please help. I feel so disappointed and upset as my son who goes to French International School is getting in all sorts of trouble with the teachers.

He is a lovely expat boy (English speaking) but apparently plays up at school. he always tells us that there is nothing wrong but there must be a reason for him to behave badly.

We have just heard he is pushing other children, calling them names, throwing food on the floor etc.

Breaks my heart to hear of this & hope that we can find a really good counselor to talk with him/us.

Any ideas on someone good to go to? Unlike ESF the FIS doesn't have counselors available.

Thank you for any sensible replies.

And before anyone without kids comments (on how to discipline) please do keep in mind we do set rules, punish him when bad, reward when good, teach respect for our helper etc. :)

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
cookie09 10 yrs ago
how about just switching schools?

Stanley35 10 yrs ago
I think maybe not the school issue. Sounds like more a social problem with other children.

Prefer to find out why he is doing this, rather than take him out of the situation and straight into another one. Thanks anyway....

RS1234 10 yrs ago
Can I talk to him? Kids like me. My son s friends callme fun dad.

community advice 10 yrs ago
Try calling

Hong Kong Psychological Services,

14-24 Wellington Street, Central, HK 28101993

Professionally qualified practitioners for marital/family/child/adolescent therapy. Multiple languages spoken. Good luck.

Community Advice Bureau

Stanley35 10 yrs ago
RS1234 - thank you for the offer. I am sure you are a lot of fun, but I think I will stick to the experts.

CAB - thank you. I will contact them today. Appreciate your assistance.

&&& 10 yrs ago
Here's another one : The Family Development Center : http://www.blurton-fdc.com/our-team/

Excellent psychologists there. HKIS families go to this one.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad