Schengen visa help

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by jn919 8 yrs ago
Hello everyone!

I hope someone can help me out with this.

I was a student here in Hong Kong for 2 years until dec 2015 and then got an internship here and am on training visa here till july 25th.
I have a HKID. I wish to travel to Venice from 30th March to 3rd April and have to apply for a visa as i have an Indian passport (and residency of Kuwait)

I had a few questions,

- since im on a training visa, do i need a guarantor for my tourist visa?

On the check list for documents for tourist visa it says if the applicant doesn't have sufficient funds then a guarantor can come physically with the applicant and present all their bank statements and proof of relationship etc
I wanted to know how much do they expect to see in the bank account to be called as "sufficient funds" ?

I have a bank account in Kuwait and one in Hong Kong too. The one in HK i dont use much but ill deposit money in it just to have a statement to show the embassy, my next question regarding this is that the embassy needs statements for the past 3 months but i havent used the HK account for a while...until this month. (Jan 2016)

Is that going to be an issue?

- One of the requirements is that if on temporary visa then the residency needs to be valid for 3 months after the return to HK.

Since my visa expires end july, im assuming i should be ok. But am i eligible to apply in the first place?

Thank you!
I hope someone can help me out

Please support our advertisers:

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad