Built-in oven repair

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by glchan 8 yrs ago
Hi all,

Does anyone have a contact for repairing a Siemens built-in oven? Siemens have said that they can't come out to look at it for a week and a half, plus they will be charging $750 as a call-out fee so any parts and labour would be added on top of that.

We will be paying for all repairs ourselves since the landlord is being very difficult and I would desperately like to find an alternative repair contact instead of throwing $750 down the drain just on the call-out alone.

Can anyone help out?

Thanks.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
weijeffrey 8 yrs ago
That's a tough one, not a lot of handymen can deal with built-in kitchen appliances. Can you elaborate on the issue, if it involves replacing some parts (which needs to be Siemens), you may have no choice but to wait.

Also, which part of HK are you located? that can make a difference on the availabilities of the handyman.

glchan 8 yrs ago
Hi, thanks for your response. I'm actually not sure what's wrong with the oven, it stopped working very suddenly while it was being preheated. I checked the fuse box to see if any circuits were tripped but all was fine in the fuse box. The time display panel as well as the oven were shut off, and I could smell a slight electrical burning smell from around the oven area in the kitchen.

I am certain that this smell was not coming from inside the oven, so I thought a possibility was that one of the wires/capacitors/whatever connecting the oven had burnt through for whatever reason and it could be easily detected (and hopefully repaired) by a handyman/electrician. However, as you mentioned, not a lot of handymen like to deal with built-in kitchen appliances, in fact I have not been able to locate anyone (apart from Siemens of course) willing to take on the job.

I'm located in Kowloon Tong.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad