Travel insurance for baby under 6 months old?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Febs 8 yrs ago
Hi all,

I have a travel (and contents) policy through AXA which covers myself and all "family members" for the usual travel-related hiccups, as well as medical expenses when overseas (it also covers all our personal contents anywhere in the world - a great policy really).

The issue is, it doesn't include my newborn son until he's 6 months old, and we have two trips in that time.

Obviously we're not too concerned about lost luggage, delayed flights etc... for him, but we do want him to have health insurance. He's currently under a newborn health insurance policy, which covers medical for his first 90 days. That covers one trip, but the second trip is just before he turns 6 months old, so he won't be under that policy by then. He will be under my work health insurance policy by then, but that won't cover him when travelling.

Is anyone aware of any travel insurance policies which could cover him for health for a single trip (3 weeks, Australia)?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Febs.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
chris_in_hk 8 yrs ago
Hi Febs,

I work for a broker and we've got travel insurance that covers babies 6 weeks and up as long as they're accompanied with an adult on the same policy. Message me with your email address and I'll send you the brochure if you're interested.

Chris

Ed 8 yrs ago
Get in touch with christian@kwiksure.com Mention Ed sent you --- he is outstanding

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad