Thoughts on male trailing spouse experience?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by ph44 18 yrs ago
Hi all-

Have been reading the links associated with NY1's inquiries about moving to HK and have been finding them quite helpful. I am in a somewhat similar situation- I work for a large US based bank, and considering relocation to HK from NYC Concerned about what my husband's experience would be like as a trailing spouse. We are married with no kids. I plan on pushing my employer to find my husband a local job as well.

Also, while I'm asking- thoughts on best areas to live for a young married couple, working long hours, who enjoy meeting new people, eating good food and exploring? Thanks for any and all feedback.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
tggb 18 yrs ago
If you like meeting people, going out for dinner, exploring etc., perhaps you can look into living in Happy Valley or Mid-Levels. Both are centrally located, close to night-life, a taxi ride away from hikes, and have many shops for essentials. Also, your husband can work legally in HK since you will have a work visa. All he needs is to find an employer that is looking for his specific skills.

ny1 18 yrs ago
ph44,

I stumbled onto your post here. As someone in a similar situation as you, I would very curious how you go about making your decision to go to HK and to further discuss specifics about your purpose for going, the type of opportunity you will be pursing, your doubts or enthusiasm, etc. If you're interested, I can send you my email address into your personal inbox. Let me know. ny1.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad