South Africa this Dec - honeymoon

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by joyceee 18 yrs ago
I'm flying direct to Joberg this Dec and plan to take a train to Cape town from there. Shall I go to a 3 day safari as soon as I arrive in Joberg to Kruger or shall I go to Cape Town and if so any safari's I can go from there?

Thanks ..this is my honeymoon but don't want to break the bank!

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Nula 18 yrs ago
You are better to do your safari out of J'berg. I would only use J'berg as a transit city. You can also do Sun City from J'berg for a night or two.

dougdoha 18 yrs ago
Botswana is now so so expensive, it is realy now out of reach, but for the wealthy, its such a shame as the Okavango is spectacular, as is the Chobe game reserve. Best stick to Kruger as you are only there for a short time. Facilities are first class but still very reasonably priced. I agree do Kruger from Jo'burg, but watch your bags etc, as pick pockets theft is out of control. Cape Town much better but do not walk at night, take taxis. Water front is safe and protected, many restaurants,bars clubs etc within its perimeter

joyceee 18 yrs ago
Thanks everyone for your fab advice !!

I'm right now so confused with all the choices of Safari ...

I'm torn between going to Madikwe, Pilansberg ( it's closer drive) and Kruger ( quite a long drive and also supposedly not so good durimg summer) ... any thoughts anyone? Thanks so much!

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad