Winter coat???

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by meteorgarden 18 yrs ago
Hi gals,

I know it a bit early as it still early of autumn.Does anyone know where to get nice winter

coat and boots?

Thanks

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Claire 18 yrs ago
cara is right, the winter chill here lasts for a few days. I gave up buying winter coats for HK years and years ago. Of course there are some women who wear fur coats in HK but these are for "display purposes only".

Scissors 18 yrs ago
but it does get cold (i always feel the cold). Zara has some funky lighter fabric coats...I'd say yoou only need boots for decoration, not for keeping in the heat

meteorgarden 18 yrs ago
Hi,

Thanks for the advices.This is my first winter here.So a bit not too sure what to get for winter.Now kind of understood.And ya,jus need for

some stuff to be around here.

MaryKay 18 yrs ago
It doesn't get very cold in HK but I love Winter fashion and I now find it chilly when it hits below 16. I love the Possim line(not sure if this is the name )from Burberry, in Jan or Feb they go 30-80--5 off. I also love the coats in Prada coats and boots in Prada this year. Lots of people will wear coats just wait you will see scraves, boots, mits, and even some fur coats on the streets. Good luck shopping!

Kaat 18 yrs ago
I'm already seeing boots around the place @_@

Kaat 18 yrs ago
They have nicer legs than I =Þ

Kaat 18 yrs ago
But really, HK gals overdo it in Winter.

annebin 18 yrs ago
Any place where I can get US size 12 jackets aside from M&S? Nothing too heavy and bulky as I prefer layering (and for easy storage)

MaryKay 18 yrs ago
Are you serious cara? I am Canadian and I am already wearing a sweater at night. I have been here for 8 years and I feel cold in the winter in Hong Kong.

Annebin when I first came here I was thought all the clothes were too small for me and you would be surprised if you are willing spend more Maxa Mara and all the designer shops have size 10 and up as well, they just keep things behind the counter.

annebin 18 yrs ago
Oh that's good to know. Thanks MaryKay.

calla 18 yrs ago
Yes, it can get very cold! and without decent heating system (especially at homes), you will definitely need something chukier than cardigans/sweaters.... you will see! Actually, I'm looking for a stylish (but not desinger brands) cape or a soft jacket to wear over dresses in the evenings but haven't found a nice one in Zara or Mango... any suggestions please?

Claire 18 yrs ago
I wonder what "very cold" is for some people. I have seen a woman wearing a full length duvet coat in Hong Kong but, as it was 28 degrees, I was wearing a t-shirt. One of my neighbours wears a long-sleeved fleece jacket zipped to the neck throughout the summer. And many HK folk love to don ski wear and moon boots when the mercury goes below 25 degrees.

Already smelling the *beeping* mothballs...

Claire 18 yrs ago
HK gets some brief strong, cold winds from the north which can feel chilly but it's not that cold. It's about the same latitude as Kauai, Hawaii. I've only ever been to the "Big Island", so I don't know if folk there wear moon boots...

oj 18 yrs ago
I suspect that it's all donw to blood thickness.

I am originally from the UK, used to fairly cold winters with the odd snow spattering here and there, but have been living in HK for nigh on 10 years. When the mercury begins to dip here i do find myself cold, as there is no central heating and the homes in HK are not really made for cold weather.

Anyhow, a nice padded puffa can be bought from Stanley and lasts a few seasons.

maya 18 yrs ago
if you are looking for new products from Italy then visit 26 cochrane street central, near soho

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad