Solution for Backyard Lawn

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by DaHKGKid 18 yrs ago
Hello All,

Just rented a new house with big backyard. I would like to grow some grass in this area and wondered best approach, seed and water or just buy sod. If anyone has such an experience or knows a service which can assist, with results and great price, please share. thanks.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
yinhk 18 yrs ago
The top of the range (and most costly) solution is to dig up the existing turf and replace with a new lawn. This will eliminate the issues with the old lawn, e.g. weeds, bugs, etc.

Cheaper solutions, which take a lot more and patience, is to first ensure that the soil is of good health (fertise, etc.) and add a layer of topsoil. Then make sure that weeds, etc. do not grow, but adding more chemicals. Then, sow the seeds and water.

I suggest you go to a good nursery and ask for advice. If you live near Sai Kung, KK's Horticulture is good and provide good, sensible, advice, and does not just try and sell you stuff.

DaHKGKid 18 yrs ago
thanks Guyz. Have experience both. My landlords gardener recommended fertilizer and top soil to bring back the old grass.

ozdb 18 yrs ago
hi, if you are looking for a service, try Asian Earth (www.asianearth.com). we use them and are very impressed with how much nicer our lawn looks since they took over. They do maintenance, or just the installation.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad