6 month old wake up similar timing at night...

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by wounwounbee 14 yrs ago
Hi..my 6.5 month old boy wakes up consistently between 3am to 3.30am. At one stage, he was sleeping through...until around 5 months old..i suspected he was teething..and now, he just wake up same timing every night. i gave him a dream feed at 10.30pm. the next one will be him waking at 3am to 3.30am. even at times, i pushed the dream feed to 11pm or 11.30pm, he still wakes up the same time. so i suspect he is waking out of habit.

i still feed him milk when he wakes. after i feed him milk, he is still usually awake and wil only be able to fall asleep in my arms.

how do i break this habit of waking?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Slammy 14 yrs ago
Sounds like he's waking up because he's hungry, because you always give him milk at that time.

You could try to start cutting down the milk you give him at 3am... reduce the amounts, then eventually replace with water. If you are breastfeeding, you may have to ask Dad to go in at 3am, so that baby can't smell the milk on you.

Once you can get baby to fall asleep with no milk... and he's still waking. Then it may be that you have to train him to fall asleep in his cot and not in your arms at 3am.

Good luck!

wounwounbee 14 yrs ago
ThanksSlammy. I will try to cut down his milk feed. I have stopped breastfeeding recent days...so i will try your method.

any other methods?

thanks.

michelley 14 yrs ago
try to keep the lights low and interaction to the minimum so he knows even though you're here with him, u're not there to socialize and that it should be sleeping time.

wounwounbee 14 yrs ago
Hi Cara, yes..seem like 6 month is roughly the time that we want them to sleep beter and yet they don't! urm..i can't wait till when he is 2-3 years old to be better..as he is getting heavier ..and it kills my arms to carry him to sleep! also, i afraid he doesn't improve, and what if he gets worse, like my 1st son!

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad