Cost of braces

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by TraceyGillman 13 yrs ago
Sorry if this isn't the right category!

My 14 year old daughter needs braces, and I've asked around and everyone is telling me braces are going to cost me $30k or more.

That sound a little extreme for just braces, especially when its for a student.

Does anyone know of a place where my daughter can get braces for less than $30k?

Thanks in advance

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
community advice 13 yrs ago
American Dental Group 2526 2288, Asbury Methodist Social Service 2487 1833, Bright Smile - 3106 4031, Caritas 2524-2071 Recommended, Dental Services Centre 2369 9331 Recommended, and Department of Health 2961 - 8989.

Please call and compare, it you need more tel.nos. do let us know.

Regards

CAB

turtle1 13 yrs ago
i assume you mean basic wire braces? HK$30K isn't so bad, my son's braces are HK$55K

turtle1 13 yrs ago
i've heard of HK$90K .....

yummymummy 13 yrs ago
We go to American Dental Group and paid Phase 1 - 23K, Phase 2 - 43K. I nearly wept at the cost. My daughter has 2 or 3 more years to go. Have to say they seem to be very good albeit so expensive. We never got the chance to shop around as Kevin Chan had done so much on x rays before I got told the full cost. Have to say dont particularly like his way of not giving you any information about treatment on each visit unless you ask but he has an assistant who helps out (cant remember his name)

Rated highly is another dentist group - USE BAILEY AND JACKSONS! http://www.bjdental.com/ - Dr. Ma Tsun

With any of them ask for a quote in advance of any starting treatment.

Yardie 13 yrs ago
We're a few months into the process with the Caritas Dental Clinic mentioned in the Community Advice Posting above.

The total cost over 2 years is around $30,000 depending on the acutal 'look' of the braces (normal or 'invisible') and is for both upper and lower jaws. This is way cheaper than anything/anywhere else we were quoted.

You pay about 10K when they are fitted and then about 1K a month with each check-up over the 2 years of the process.

They have branches around HK, we use the one on Caine Road near the cathedral.

Only downside is that they only operate the orthodontic clinic on Wednesday afternoons.

We're very happy with the treatment and progress to date.

pavzy 9 yrs ago
Have you ever considered Invisalign braces? They are the new thing replacing the metal braces which have been used before.

http://www.invisalign.com.hk/tch/Pages/Home.html

Padmatara 9 yrs ago
I saw some posts here regarding where to get braces. Does anyone have further opinions on Caritas' Dr. Tony Lee? Any real cases that are successful or vice versa?

And aside from him, any orthodontists that are reasonable and have successful cases accomplished?

Will greatly appreciate any advice!

Best
Alysia

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad