Need ideas for sleeping arrangements

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Mrs Miggins 18 yrs ago
We are going off to Australia in a (large) camper van for 4 weeks. We have a 13 month old. the camper van does not have a baby cot inside and a bassinet is too small for my little guy who is 67 cm long (maybe longer now).

Any ideas as for sleeping arrangements. Is there such thing as a mini travel cot like the pack and play ones available?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Wheelymate 18 yrs ago
ABSOLUTELY!

ok, this company should really pay me for endorsing their product so much :) but i absolutely love our Phil&Ted travel cot. it's just slightly over 3kg (with mattress) and everything packs neatly into a little bag that you can tuck into your suitcase if big enough.

you can use it until LO is 3 years old. it's even got pegs if you want to sleep outdoors! setting up is pretty easy.

what i found great was that my Mothercare cot sheets fitted nicely with the mattress.

check it out:

http://www.philandteds.com/cat.htm

BUT BUT BUT...one of my friends felt that the dark mesh (for UV protection might freak babies out)..but thankfully mine was ok with it!

crj 18 yrs ago
This is for 6-18 months, sold on a variety of websites:

http://www.mothercare.com/invt/la1345

and this one goes to 3 years:

http://www.mothercare.com/invt/la0462

spicegal 18 yrs ago
We've had both samsonite cots - little one was brilliant so got the bigger one which is also good - the Phil and Teds one looks great but the samsonite was only 45 GBP which is an awful lot cheaper for something you use occasionally! We've not had any problems so far with either.

Wheelymate 18 yrs ago
the phil&teds one is just like the one on the 2nd link posted by crj, except the one that crj posted has a light see through mesh.

Wheelymate 18 yrs ago
spicegal, you are right about the price....phil &ted cost almost as much as baby's cot!!! :)

but no choice, they didn't stock the samsonite ones in local mothercare and i wanted to buy it in advance.

spicegal 18 yrs ago
I've seen the small Samsonite one in B2B in HK but not the big one - I got it whilst in the UK which made it cheaper - if you had to get it shipped out here not sure if it'd end up costing similar to the P&T one...???

BTW We called up B2B before we got the big one and they said they might be getting it soon... so maybe they have it now - that was about 3 months ago... give them a call

crj 18 yrs ago
Also, was just thinking something...

Can't baby just sleep on the floor on a blanket surrounded by something so they can't roll/crawl away?

Meiguoren 18 yrs ago
This summer in USA at a Target store I found a child's sleeping bag that had a built in air mattress, complete with air pump and carrying bag. My 6 y/o enjoyed the adventure of using it and having her special spot everywhere we traveled, even when there were beds available.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad