crippled by reflexology treatment

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by isola 18 yrs ago
How painful is foot reflexology supposed to be? I assume that in order to effectively stimulate the points corresponding to the various organs the therapist must use quite a firm touch. But 2 days ago I went to a reflexology place on Wellington Street and the girl seemed to have fingers of steel. I was biting my lips with the pain for most of the 50 minutes the massage lasted. Apart from torturing the soles of my feet she repeatedly pressed the side of her hand down the length of my shin and ankle bones. Not very pleasant. Even worse, she bent my legs at the knee (feet resting on the footstool) and "massaged" the calves in that position. The position made my calves go into a painful spasm and she stabbed and poked them with her fingers for a good 5 minutes on each side. Today I can barely walk. Does this sound like a proper reflexology treatment? Can I expect it to have done me a world of good? (I have tried a few of the reflexology places in Central and never experienced anything like this latest treatment -- at the same time, I did not feel that the other treatments had any noticeable positive effect on the way I felt). Any experts out there?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
isola 18 yrs ago
So it seems -- I must be in a bad way because everything she did was excruciating.

Please support our advertisers:

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad