Mens Wet Shave Products

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Shane 14 yrs ago
In search of shaving soap, shaving oil, after shave balm. Not the kinds sold at Mannings or Watsons.

This is proper mens wet shaving stuff.

I found double edged razors in a store in Olympic.

Lane Crawford carries Art of Shaving products but they have very limited items. No shaving oil or soap. Already emailed them a letter asking for more stuff. No replies.

I am trying Chinese Pharmacys systematically in Central, Sheung Wan and Mong Kok but nothing.

Ordering online doubles the costs from Art of Shaving directly so thats out.

Any men here use a DE razor and buy stuff locally?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
cassy27 14 yrs ago
Hi Shane

My hubby uses shaving cream that you apply with a brush which he found in Crabtree & Evelyn called Nomad - smells great and is reasonably priced

Shane 14 yrs ago
Thank you for the reply. I use a shaving brush as well. I will go and check out the shave cream at Cra Tree & Evelyn. I read a wetshaving forum. Badger and Blade and some guys have mentioned it.

One nice sales gal at Lane Crawford took my card and did phone me when new Art of Shaving products came in. Good to know there are still sales people who will go an extra step for people.

Thames 14 yrs ago
Shane, I've only just read your post and although it's probably too late now I would recommend UK firm 'Taylors of Old Bond Street' www.tayloroldbondst.co.uk.

My husband found them online a few months ago, ordered stuff and they delivered (free) it to Hong Kong within the week. They've been supplying traditional wet shaving gear for 150 years and have badger hair brushes, creams, travel kits etc. Excellent service from them and quality products.

Shane 14 yrs ago
I know Taylors of Old Bond Street. Good brand. I'll try then, Thank you.

chillifontain 14 yrs ago
Bought my husband Arts of Shaving. It's the best stuff ever esp the cream..lasts ages! but only HK$150!! Much cheaper than those ones in Mannings or Watsons! Lane Crawford sells oils too but out of stock sometimes. I may ask my hubby to try Taylors too!

Shane 14 yrs ago
I tried Art of Shaving for over 2 years but it always irritated my skin. Its too oily. Great quality stuff but just not for me. I gave mine to a friend and he loves it.

Actually about 6 months ago at Natures Village I found two good products. Natures Village in Central. Lyndhurst. Shaving Lotion is JASON Shaving Lotion. I am very happy with it.

Then after I shave I use Thayers Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera. After years in HK trying to find good mix I found it.

mjamc 8 yrs ago
I have recently visited HK in search of off the shelf wet shaving gear. Crabtree & Evelyn have moved out of the Hysen on Lee Garden (by Causeway Bay). Over by HK station in the IFC building there is Penhaligon's from London. They have a small variety of all your wet shave needs--if, of course, cost is no object. There are also two other shops which are more down to earth in their pricing: Gentlemen’s Tonic (which has moved to 43 Wellington Street and Joyce Grooming on B1 of the Landmark Tower. GTonic has their own brand name shaving foam for 260 HKD while JoyceG has a variety of shaving foams starting from 100 HKD. All three stores sell shaving kits and accessories.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad