my baby dont want to drink milk

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by abby78 18 yrs ago
My 10 months old baby don't want to drink milk anymore, its been 2 days in a row he didn't drink milk at all, is it normal? He drinks water though and he still eats solid food. What to do?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
miso 18 yrs ago
Is your baby formula fed? If so, have you tried switching to another formula? My paed told me sometimes babies get bored with one brand. Also you could introduce more dairy into your babies solid meals eg. yoghurts, cheese, cheese sauce, custards, oatmeal with hot milk/formula.

Wheelymate 18 yrs ago
yes, my baby takes very little milk too...so for his brekkie, i give him baby cereal mixed with his formula. and as he is only 6 months, i make him solids smooth and creamy with his milk.

abby78 18 yrs ago
miso, my baby don't want to eat cheese, although its strange coz he is a dutch baby( maybe he will eat when he grew up), yeah I will try the yoghurts, he never tried it yet, maybe he will like it. Will also try to buy other brand of milk.

wheely, he dont like milk with his cereal, he have this peter pan rice cereal from Bumps to Babes, he eat it alone without milk.

my thoughts 18 yrs ago
If you listen to the American Pediatricians, they'll tell you that a child needs 16 oz of milk a day until they are something like 16 years old...so no, it wouldn't be ok to allow it to be eliminated yet. (I don't know specifically what a 10 mo old should have, it's more, isn't it?)

For mine, milk consumption goes down if the intake of other liquids goes up...juice (since she rarely gets it) is the worst, a juice box will kill her her milk intake as well as her appetite for her next meal.

If it were me, unless we were out in the beating sun, I'd offer only milk. Water only after all the milk of the day had been drunk, or it was close enough to the end of the day that I could see the quota would be met.

Wheelymate 18 yrs ago
i think for babies on solids, they still need at least 500-600ml (depending on which book/expert you refer to) of milk per day via milk feed and cooking with milk.

mine drinks very little milk so i have to work very very hard to hit his daily quota. i try to make up for it too via adding milk in his food.

we give water too, he drinks about 90ml per day, mostly during his meals. any less than that and he poo pellets the next day.

Matilda 18 yrs ago
Many babies and children have times when they go off a particular food or drink. Keep offering but do not force. If you have been using a bottle now is the time to introduce a cup. You may want to try adding fruit to the milk and make a smoothie instead. Ensure other sources of calcium are being offered such as yogurt and cheese.

Well Baby Clinic - 2849 1500

Matilda International Hospital

Hong Kong

http://www.matilda.org

abby78 18 yrs ago
okay, I been to the doctor yesterday, and he gave me 3 different kinds of milk samples, he still dont want to drink any kind of milk, but this morning when he woke up he drink 8 oz of the Enfapro sample, but after that he dont want again, I tried to give him cheese, he dont want to eat it, and also a friend of mine said I will try give him chocolate milk.....its not working.

I bought the fromage for kids, I hope he will like it, but got lucky with the yogurt because he did eat. He drinks a lot of water though, and he eats a lot of solid food.

crj 18 yrs ago
Our baby does not drink much, but loves his yogurt. We use YeoValley Organic or Horizon or local Dairy Farm - the important thing is plain yogurt with no sugar.

At least I know he gets his calcium even on days he doesn't drink much.

We also mix yogurt in most of his food to encourage him to eat it.

ellie55 18 yrs ago
im having the same problem as abby except,my baby is starting to get bored with his solids.i dunno what to do either.

Wheelymate 18 yrs ago
i am so going to try yoghurt on him when he hits 7 months...he is more interested in his solids these days and he likes them lumpy so i can't really add too much milk....

interesting thing i discovered: at organic shop today, inspected the contents of the normal natural yoghurt vs the baby version of the same brand. exactly the same ingredients except the baby one has dietary fibre listed. adult aka normal one is cheaper for more...baby one is pretty expensive!

crj 18 yrs ago
honestly, baby yogurt is a marketing rip off.

We buy big tubs, and when we go out put some in his small containers. easy and much cheaper!

Sometimes he doesn't like one thing, so we try something else. Then the next meal or next day he likes what he rejected the day before. I guess we all need patience :)

ellie55 18 yrs ago
WM-where do you find organic shops in singapore?

Wheelymate 18 yrs ago
are you planning a trip to SG soon?

recently there is a new one called Four Seasons at basement 2, great world city shopping centre. i really like this one because i find the service good and the good variety of baby food (bellamy's, earth's best, healthy timez, etc)

another popular one is called brown rice paradise at tanglin mall. i understand from friends they sell hipp organic and earth's best baby foods.

there are more organic options but i personally feel more needs to be done. currently it's really really expensive, i reckon i will go broke if my baby eats totally organic. so what i do is for baby cereals/porridge and all, we use the organic brands. if i ever try jar food, i will use organic too. but for vegetables and meat, it's currently non-organic although i have bought him organic bananas, etc before.

oh yes, there is this organic market every Wednesday and Saturday at Dempsey Road (near the botanical gardens). it's called l'organic.

http://www.lorganic.sg/busines.html

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad