ROYAL ICING FLOWERS

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by CHADS 18 yrs ago
HI,

CAN ANY ONE SEND ME VERY EASY /SHORT TIME METHOD TO ICING FLOWERS.

I HAVE ROYAL ICING FLOWER METHOD BY ADDING 'MERINGUE POWDER'. CAN THIS BE REPLACED BY 'EGG WHITE' AS I AM OUT OF THIS POWDER

THANKS

TARA

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Claire 18 yrs ago
I have a recipe for royal cake icing. What does the icing flowers mean? And please, please turn off your capitals, you are "shouting" at us.

CANDDS 18 yrs ago
Hi

Icing flowers are flowers that looks like real flowers , made up of icing. I know that tip 224 or 8 works well for this.

Pls pass your recipe.

Thanks

tara

Claire 18 yrs ago
My recipe makes enough to ice one cake.

Royal Icing

Ingredients:

600g icing sugar

3 egg whites

1 tsp lemon juice

1 1/2 tsp glycerine (optional)

And some extra egg white to thin icing if required

Method

1. Sieve the icing sugar.

2. Whisk the egg whites in a large bowl until they become frothy.

3. Add the icing sugar to the egg whites, a spoonful at a time, and fold in.

4. Add the lemon juice and glycerine. Stir.

5. Beat the icing until it is very stiff and white (unless using colouring, of course) and stands up in peaks.

Add a little extra egg white if the mixture is too thick to pipe. Or a little bit of icing sugar if too soft.

CANDDS 18 yrs ago
THANKS,

Can I use to make flowers?. Mixture should be hard enough and not smooth like butter cream icing.

Claire 18 yrs ago
This will set, it's the icing on traditional Christmas and wedding cakes and has a smooth, hard, matte finish. The glycerine will stop a crust from forming so you can opt to leave it out if you want the flowers to be 'harder'.

BTW, liquid colouring will make the mixture softer so expect to add a little icing sugar. The paste colours shouldn't affect the consistency.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad