PCCW 1000mb fiber to home connect at 3xxmb

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Philip722 10 yrs ago
Hi

I am new to this forum and this may have been asked previously.

I have recent installed PCCW 1000mb fiber to home. When I connect my computer directly to PCCW's router I get speeds of 9xxmb but when I connect the modem to my Linksys E4200 router the speed drops to around 3xxmb-4xxmb.

I am using cat 6 and I have verified my computer is connected through a 1gb connection. I am not sure what the issue could be. Has anyone experienced these issues before?

Thanks

Philip

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
punter 10 yrs ago
Not a techy, but i would test the cable you're using between the router and the cable (interchange cable-router with cable-pc connection). You will then see if it's the router's problem, or the cable? Hope that helps.

Philip722 10 yrs ago
Hi

I have tested the cable and they are all working correctly. I believe the router does not support 1000mb even though there are giga ports on the router itself.

Anyone tried PCCW 1000mb with an E4200 with good speeds?

Thanks

Philip

ishafiq 10 yrs ago
Check wether the firmware is the latest..if not update to latest one..firmwares available at manufacturer website..

Philip722 10 yrs ago
Hi

Finally got the broadband to work. The old router was unable to process the data. I bought a new router. Asus AC66U now it works fine.

Thanks all!

Philip

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad