PCCW - No Broadband Service HELP

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by DaHKGKid 18 yrs ago
Hey All,

PCCW claims that all the ports are used up in my residential development. Customer service claims the expansion should happen February but that's not good enough especially when you require to use high speed for work related purposes. Quite simply I am looking for an alternative solution in technology or getting through to someone of authority at PCCW broadband who can at least help me expedite things of maybe let me know when someone moves out and new tenant doesnt need services so I can have thier port. Cheers, Brent

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
DaHKGKid 18 yrs ago
This is the case they claim. Out of capacity. I am playing the next in line for an open port game. Hoping my next door neighbours has 54g WiFi and add a few repeater antennas and share in the cost and bandwidth.

horsemandk 18 yrs ago
Just get a service using the phone line. They can still offer 2 Mbit at around 2000,- RMB a year

Shamus 18 yrs ago
I am currently having the same problems with pccw. I moved into a flat 4 weeks ago and I am still waiting for them to relocate my broadband service!! Again they claim that the system is full and they need to apply to do some instillation work before we can get "hooked up" again. I called pccw again today and they still can't even tell me when they will do the initial instillation work??? After 1 month and I still can't even get an answer!!! I don't understand as we live in an estate which is very popular and busy and around 4 years old. This is very baffling!! In Hong Kong, it takes this long to get internet service redirected?? Did anyone eventually have any luck or are you still waiting as well??

Shamus 18 yrs ago
I am currently having the same problems with pccw. I moved into a flat 4 weeks ago and I am still waiting for them to relocate my broadband service!! Again they claim that the system is full and they need to apply to do some instillation work before we can get "hooked up" again. I called pccw again today and they still can't even tell me when they will do the initial instillation work??? After 1 month and I still can't even get an answer!!! I don't understand as we live in an estate which is very popular and busy and around 4 years old. This is very baffling!! In Hong Kong, it takes this long to get internet service redirected?? Did anyone eventually have any luck or are you still waiting as well??

amit.roy 18 yrs ago
Try i-cable. (www.i-cable.com) They supply Cable TV and Broadband. I had the same problem in ParkView 2 weeks ago and got cable broadband instead. working fine (had heard past history of not being reliable). 18 mths contract though.

regards, Amit

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad