Am I entitled for "maintenace" even if no kids?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by nicole38 18 yrs ago
I am married for 4 yrs. and we dont have any kids. Things fall apart with our differences so we decided to file for divorce. Everything is smooth and we are in good terms. But my questions is will I be able to receive maintenance even if there's no children involved? Dont get me wrong,Im not after his money,I just want to start a new life and its only a matter of asking, whether there is or not.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
throbbing 18 yrs ago
It would also perhaps depend on what you did before you married ie did you give up a career by marrying, by going to HK with him? What asset distribution will there there be at divorce? You can seek mediation or try to sort out your differences yourselves however the divorce agreement is not a 'contract' as such and could be varied later should circumstances change ie you cohabitate/remarry or he has kids & remarries etc but any change later would need a court judgement to be formalised.

associates 18 yrs ago
Weir & Associates is a firm with experienced lawyers in divorce proceedings. In divorce proceedings the court can order that maintenance be granted and it is also possible for you and your husband to come to such an arrangement. We suggest that you have a consultation meeting with one of our senior lawyers (the cost of a first consultation is HK$2,500) to better understand your case and to enable us to give you further advice, the way forward and the costs involved.

Please contact our Ms. Wong on tel. 2526-1767 for an appointment.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad