10/11 year old boy activities

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by qwerty123 18 yrs ago
have a 10/11 yr old boy comig to stay with his parents - what is good to do with that age in HK?

thanks!

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
ness 18 yrs ago
Skate board park near the race course in happy valley.

Swimming and hanging out at the beach if he can find some others to kick a ball with

The cable car ride on Lantau and big buddha.

Lunch over at Pui O at Ooh La La restaurant and see if you can get water activities through Treasure Island people - they even organise overnight camping.

Go out to Tai Po and hire bicycles.

He should also enjoy dim sum, the markets and perhaps a visit to the computer centre in wanchai to stock up on ps/2 xbox games if he is into that sort of thing...pm me for the address.

There is a book called Hong Kong for Kids by Stephanie Miller-Palmer (??) mine is with someone else - you can get at any bookstore and is probably worth getting and letting him read it. Handy as it will have all the directions.

qwerty123 18 yrs ago
thanks - great ideas

Monster 18 yrs ago
hi qwerty123.

suggest skipping disneyland as a bit young but ocean park is a definite yes. there r some great walks in hk eg ferry to yung shue wan on lamma, 1 hour walk over the mountains to sok kwu wan followed by a nice seafood lunch. there is a football pitch in both villages so make sure the boy takes a football (sure to find likeminded bods there too).

try temp membership at one of the clubs i.e yacht club / aberdeen boat club which should have sailing courses for juniors.

combine shopping in taikoo or festival walk with a spot of ice-skating.

check out hk magazine to see what fairs/events are on

have fun :-)

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad