Centipedes - EWWWW!!

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by bluesky 18 yrs ago
How do you get rid of them effectively? Is it true that they attack and bite people???

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Burgundy 18 yrs ago
Yes, they bite people. For most adults it's just an annoyance - like a wasp sting - but bites can be more serious for kiddies.

Permethrin (derived from chrysanthemum flowers) is the safest chemical to use. Brand names for it include "BioKill". You will never get rid of them all - they're like c*ckroaches, or like the guys who approach you at Star Ferry saying "You are a lucky man..."

bluesky 18 yrs ago
Where can I find BioKill?

Burgundy 18 yrs ago
Larger ParknShops, or http://www.parknshop.com

You want "Original", not "Extra" (which has a different chemical).

http://www.biokill.com.hk/universal.htm

Here's the stuff from www.parknshop.com website:

BIOKILL

ORIGINAL INSECTICIDE WITH SPRAYHEAD

500ML

$42.9

bluesky 18 yrs ago
Fenman, what would you do if you found a 15cm long and 2cm thick centipede with more than 100 legs in your house???

Thanks Burgundy, will get that stuff tomorrow!

Burgundy 18 yrs ago
Fenman,

That is the point: you are much more likely to find a centipede in your house than a king cobra or a sounder of wild boar.

crj 18 yrs ago
I heard that where there is one, another is following the scent right behind - so if you find and remove/kill one, you want to also disinfect the 'trail' it has left behind.

Not sure if this is true, but I used to live somewhere with a lot and it was pretty common to see one follow.

And yes, they are agressive, do 'attack' and are very painful, and scare the heck out of me more than any other animal.

Monster 18 yrs ago
the only way to kill them is with a shoe or a big stick - not nice things to have in your house

howardhk23 11 yrs ago
A shoe or a big stick ????!! They are an abomination and spawned by the devil. I lived in oz for a number of years incl a few places in Queensland and interior. Nothing came close to these THINGS. We had many visitations during 6 months on Lamma. I stamped on three or four of 'em wearing construction safety boots, once, twice three times still wriggling. I hit one bang centre full on with a lump hammer -- twice ==no effect other to seemingly annoy it. third time it split in two and tried to out flank me. Had to smack it/them multiple times to stop it/them--- legs still going. Best way is combination of cockroach spray and hammer..

One of the main reasons we left Lamma

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad