Moving Out of HK to US (Florida)

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Sonu_Paul 8 yrs ago
Hi

I am Planning to relocate to US with my family to US Florida in coming 3~ 4 months. A lot of Questions are arising in my head related to that

- Schooling - What's to expect, Is Public Schools Good, IS there issue of Racism in US ( Considering we are From South east Asia Origin). Its specifically critical as my kids are 8~10 years old
- Cost of Living
- Cost of Movers ( Any recommendations or Suggestions)
- Do I move All, or just Dump all here and buy new in US ..
- Moving is better or Buying New is better
- Does housing in US are fully furnished ...

Any and all feedback is highly appreciated ...

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Ed 8 yrs ago
Check http://www.hongkongmovingcompanies.com/

J's Aunt 8 yrs ago
We moved from HK to South Florida years ago and are still here. We used Links Relocation and the service was great. Not sure where in Florida you will be relocating to but Florida is pretty diverse so I don't think racism will be an issue.

Whether the public school is good or bad is determined by where you live. Everything is zoned so you will want to be in a neighborhood where the schools in that zone are A rated.

Compared to HK the cost of living is good. You can check www.zillow.com and look at the rental market. Homes and apartments are not furnished. In my opinion it would make more sense to buy the furniture here rather than ship it, of course that's if your company isn't going to pay for it.

Hope that helps! Also, you will be able to find small Asian grocery stores that carry lots of products from Asia.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad