Pakistani Rupees

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Goloh 18 yrs ago
Does anyone know where in HK I could exchange some Pak. rupees at a rate even close to fair market value of about Rp. 57/58 to US$1? One major bank will accept them but at only just over half that rate.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Goloh 18 yrs ago
I haven't yet but thanks for the idea. Don't know why I didn't think of that.

kram 18 yrs ago
at half of that rate??? Wow.

Goloh 18 yrs ago
Since we're on the topic..the actual cost of the rupees in Pakistan a week ago was Rp. 59 to US$1. That equals getting Rp. 7.57 for HK$1 at the rate there. Anyway, I had some left over when I got back to HK, and went to this "major bank" (trust me) where they would let me pay Rp. 12.5 to get HK$1. This bank offers USD and other major currencies at normal and fair rates, so I asked why the difference and they said they have no market for rupees. OK, I am not blaming the bank--it was my choice to sell to them or not. Welcome to the wonderful world of currency exchange. This is why I was trying to find a better source. Haven't made my way over to TST yet. The only reason I am going on about this now is to add my voice to the pain everyone feels who buys HK$ at the airport here. What extortionate rates. It's a sore point over many years and you can do your arriving friends a great favour by changing some for them when you meet them.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad