Mouldy stench in wardrobe closets

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by tsuiwah 18 yrs ago
We just rented a flat and the closets have the old mouldy stench to them that is common in flat's that have been empty for a while. We liked the flat's other characteristics so much that we just didn't think about the mouldy closets and naively believed the landlord when he said that the place had only been vacant for three weeks.

Any suggestions on getting rid of the smell? Is it a matter of airing out the room (but it's so hot and humid that opening the windows doesn't seem to help. I've placed a few dehumidifying tablets in the closets but I am afraid I would need a thousand of them to be effective.

How long will it take to get rid of the stench?

Thanks.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
ranjv 18 yrs ago
Our experience with this place is that the stench returns when you are out on a vacation keeping your doors closed for a while.My hubby has got a wardrobe heater and an electric dehumidifier which have actually solved the problem

Sapphire 18 yrs ago
We tried for months to get rid of the smell in our daughter's room ... bleach, air con, dehumidifier, etc. ... but nothing worked! Even when we thought we'd conquered the problem, her clothes ended up really smelly and the wardrobes couldn't be used. In the end we got the landlord to remove the built-in wardrobes and redecorate, then we bought free-standing wardrobes.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad