Previa/Alphard (again...)

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by kooni 18 yrs ago
Think the last thread was removed. So, there do not seem to be anymore used Previa's anywhere. How long to wait? If one becomes available, the going price is about $200,000. We could get a used Alphard now for $300,000 -- many used available. Need a family car seating 7. Previa can seat up to 8. Alphard max of 7. Alphard a larger, more comfortable people mover. Alphard now discontinued -- bad? Previa still being manufactured. How long to wait for Previa? It's been 2 weeks. Do we look into buying new? We are here indefinitely... Don't know a thing about cars.. advice? Thank you.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
kar 18 yrs ago
No idea. We have a Honda StepWgn (can seat 8) with the bigger engine and have been very pleased with it. It's a lot smaller than the Previa/Alphard (thus easier to park). Just something else to consider.

maddog 18 yrs ago
I've got a Renault Espace you can have for $35,000

cd 18 yrs ago
Its strange, there is a large amount of Previas on the road, but I hardly ever see a 2nd hand one for sale compared to other makes. I think they are such good cars people hold onto them. I've had my 6 years,(its 12 years old) and would only get rid of it if we could afford a newer version.

kooni 18 yrs ago
cd - i liked your last post, so we were committed to the previa. the only used ones for sale are from pre-2000. must be a very good car! we'll have to figure this one out! the model replacing the alphard does not come out until 2007 and the new previas come out oct 1.

kooni 18 yrs ago
Simon! Thank you! I typed in "Previa" and they have it as "Preiva"... Will look into this tom. Thank you!!!

cd 18 yrs ago
The 'mot' fee is $500, nothing on top, unless it fails in which case you will need to pay to have the thing put right. We have an engineer that we have been using for about 5 years, he comes and picks the car up when it needs servicing, does the work, takes it for its mot and brings it back. He always itemises the bill, and the mot is always the $500.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad