Need Driving Instructor

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by sl 18 yrs ago
From Toronto. PM me with the routes you need to familiarize yourself with.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
micchira 18 yrs ago
In which area do you live/need to drive (HK island/Kowloon/NT) as driving instructors usually stay in one area. You can try Raymund Fung 98881155. He's in HK side. I know he gives out familiarization lessons.

Good luck!

Torontonian 18 yrs ago
Thanks. Seems like Raymund is recommended by quite a few readers on this blog. Will give him a call later this month.

I think I am quite patient with myself. It's just those people that keep honking for no reason who bother me. Also, there are too many taxi and minivan drivers who think they are on the race track.

Mind you, HK is not as bad as Taiwan. It took me 3 business trips to dare cross the street w/o traffic lights! Never mind driving there.

bvasilis 18 yrs ago
I took 1.5 hour lesson with Peter Lau last Tuesday followed by the parking test and I passed no problem! Peter is very positive, gives you confidence to be a good driver and has actually nice things to say to you while you're driving :-) Both teach the similar techniques on how to park but Peter tells you if you do something well not only when you mess up (which Raymond did constantly). Mind you, I drove many years in Europe and USA but my license wouldn't apply here bec it wasn't from the "selected" country. I don't think I was such a bad driver but Raymond had always some comments that was actually driving me nuts (you go too fast etc.)

Anyway, I think if you want to familiarize yourself with driving in HK and be a confident driver, Peter will definitely make you confident. His number is 9096 2079

rachelb 18 yrs ago
Peter Lau seems nice - how much does he charge?

bvasilis 18 yrs ago
He charges HK$150 for 45 mins lesson and HK$800 for renting a car for the driving test. He charges same as Raymond Fung. If you know how to drive and need to only pass the test, 10 lessons will be more than enough to get familiar with the HK roads.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad