Anyone know a nice place to stay in Cheung Chau

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by ziggity 15 yrs ago
Hi,

Was just wondering if anyone knew of somewhere cheap and cheerful for a weekend getaway in cheung chau, preferably with a sea view and a balcony??

I heard there are some cute places and some great walks and things to do there.

Thank you

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
SweetSue 15 yrs ago
Many places to stay there, but they come and go, it may be hard to find one with a decent sea view. Would recommend for you to go out there and do the leg work. Or get a bright yellow tent and try the Italian Beach.

kim.constable 15 yrs ago
Steer clear of the hotel. Not pleasant. Mouldy bathrooms, holes in sheets, very basic.

You're probably better off with the B & B, which is also a lot cheaper.

Lovely island to visit though. Worth it just for the seafood!

Kat101 15 yrs ago

kim.constable - do you mean to steer clear of the one linked below or is this one okay?

http://www.bbcheungchau.com.hk

Thanks

Jobaker2000 15 yrs ago
Hey, I actually just finished posting my island flat on the 'daily rentals' - feel free to take a look for details. I live a few minutes from the beach and the ferry in Yung Shue Wan Lamma, and often have to go on trips. It's cheap long term (1000 for a week) but for a weekend I also charge 1000. but with good hiking trail advice :)

Cheers

kim.constable 15 yrs ago
Kat, no, I'm sure the b&b link is fine.

There is one Hotel (as opposed to b&b) on Cheung Chau. Not sure whether I'm allowed to name it, but it was a big disappointment. Though, for 3 stars, not unexpected.

It'd be great if there was a luxury B&B, however all we passed appeared to be simple B&B's.

halfl1fe 14 yrs ago
I stayed in the Cheung Chau B&B - I though it was very nice. Quite small rooms but clean and actually pretty "funky" and nice to have breakfast on the roof in the morning. Not as cheap as one might expect, but still somewhat cheaper than many of the other b&b options on CC.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad