menstruation pain

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by avislau216 11 yrs ago
I'm having a difficult time during periods. I even fainted once in office this week

When my menstruation start, my tummy will be really painful. Period pain tortures me much... Could anyone give advice on it?…..

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Sapphire 11 yrs ago
I suffered for many years with very serious pain, often fainting. Back and forth to my GP, I tried many types of pain killers and remedies, but nothing worked ... until my GP suggested that I try the contraceptive pill, and as if by magic, my period pains disappeared completely!

Obviously, it may not be everyone's choice (or you may already be taking the contraceptive pill), but my pains were so bad that I would've tried anything!! Thankfully, years later, when I came off the pill, my pains didn't return like they used to be.

kikilaismile 11 yrs ago
I used to suffer from peroid pain in the past and i relied so much on western medicine!! It's true that western medicine can ease the pain for a while but never improve the situation. Once i stopped taking the pills, the nightmare continued. So I turned to a traditional Chinese medical doctor at last..

Have you seen any doctors of TCM before? A good doctor will tell you the roots of the problems.

avislau216 11 yrs ago
Sapphire, the side effect of taking contraceptive pill is quite obvious on me... so i prefer not taking it...T^T

KIKI, I couldn't agree more!! Only if I take the pain killer, will I feel the pain eased. But i have never seen doctor of TCM.. Is that work? I mean taking the traditional medicine…

kikilaismile 11 yrs ago
I think it works. The situation improved. The doctor told me that the clotting of QI and blood in the body path(I guess it means blood vessel in western medical science) is the main reason behind the period pain. As blood clotting make the body path blocked and lead to abdoman pain. Therefore, my doctor prescribed me some chinese medicine for disolving the clotting and remove the Qi. After uptaking the chinese medicine, my menstruation become smooth and i felt less painful now.

avislau216 11 yrs ago
it seems that your docter of TCM is really professional! Any improvement on stablize cycle of your period?

kikilaismile 11 yrs ago
Yup, it's the most obvious outcome! Chi-med is absolutely a better solution. At least, no side effect after taking the Chi-med.

nonthaburial 11 yrs ago
Is it not a fact that Period pains are caused by muscle contractions which are required to expel Womb content. ?

avislau216 11 yrs ago
i guess Chi-med has different explanation on period pain like kiki mentioned...

anyway, kiki would u mind introduce your doctor to me? what's her name and where is the location?

kikilaismile 11 yrs ago
You can check out Dr. Veronica Hoi. Her clinic is locted in Central.

peacock 11 yrs ago
One of the causes of PMS is hormonal imbalance. Hormonal fluctuations lead to fluid retention, which affects circulation, reducing the amount of oxygen reaching the uterus, ovaries and brain.

Eating red meat and diary products may cause or contribute to such hormonal imbalance. Unstable blood sugar levels are another factor. Hence, your diet is an important contributing factor, i.e. deficiencies in certain vitamin and/or minerals or protein.

100% of hormones are made from amino acids, so I suspect you're probably not getting proper or enough intake of proteins, or your body isn't able to absorb enough from what you eat. I also suspect that you're deficient in calcium too.

Rather than taking pain killers, or drugs, food is the best natural healer. If you want, I can direct you to a very good nutrition therapist. She uses a device called Quantum Magnetic Analyzer which reads your body's cells electromagnetic frequencies. When your body cells are unhealthy, they give off certain frequencies. This device can highlight what's working and not working properly. Myself, I really like having this transparency of information about my body. The nutritionist helps to interpret the information and recommend options from a nutritional point of view to bring your body back into better functioning.

avislau216 11 yrs ago
p.mason: i think my bone is in healthy state...haha but anyway, thanks for the advice!

peacock: i agree, imbalance diet might be the cause of my period pain. thats y i would like to try traditional medicine first. many said the doctor is good at giving good advice on diet and telling us not to eat wt. i think i will try TCM first and just see any help in improving the situation...if not, i will also turn to nutrition therapist....

Mystery 11 yrs ago
I've had period pains forever and it's something we hv to live with unfortunately ;(

I'm hoping u hv had an ultrasound just incase it's something else too....

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad