Help!!

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by omega 18 yrs ago
My refrigerator smells when I open/close it.The smell wafts into the living room - the kitchen doesn't smell at all. Also the inside of the fridge doesn't smell.Does anybody know what the reason could be?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
omega 18 yrs ago
Horrible - i can't describe it - a little like the garbage trucks. And yes - i removed and cleaned the entire fridge with soda-bicarb etc. Put a fridge deodoriser too. This happens only on opening and closing the fridge. The inside smells fine.

qvong 18 yrs ago
There possibly could be mold/build up in between the fridge and the rubber seal of the fridge door. May want to check behind the seal or even give it a wiff and see if that is the cause being that you only smell with the door opens and close. Check with the landlord if he is willing to get you a new fridge if it's old or ask him to replace the seal. Hope that helps!!

ceeh 18 yrs ago
Have you checked underneath the fridge? Sometimes there is a 'spill' tray underneath which collects fluid drained from inside the 'fridge. We had same problem some years back and finally discovered the tray which had dried sour milk and blood from meat. Someone must have spilt milk at some time and perhaps we had put meaat in the fridge to thaw.

Sounds disgusting but we really are a clean family! Once tray was washed and dried smell disappeared.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad