discrepancy in signature of landlord

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by sai ying 10 yrs ago
Hi Friends, looking for advice...

My landlord has sent me a notice of to vacate flat after one month, this is a periodic tenancy. I find the signature on the notice is very different from the original rental agreement which expired few years back. The name is same. The landlord is operating thru one of his employees. I have never met the landlord. What should I do?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Lucane01 10 yrs ago
Read your rental contract and see what it says. Most standard leases seem to say that after month 12 both landlord and tenant each can at any moment give 1 or 2 month's notice to end the contract. If your contract says that then you better pack your stuff and move out.

sai ying 10 yrs ago
There is no written legal contract. The contract expired. The landlord gave notice with no signature, then he filed a case with a different signature.

associates 10 yrs ago
You should immediately contact a law firm to review relevant documents for your rights and obligations that might be impacted.

Our firm is familiar with such matters. You may wish to contact Weir & Associates, Solicitors and Notaries for a one hour initial consultation charged at a concessionary rate of HK$2,800 for an hour.

Weir & Associates

Solicitors & Notaries

16th Floor Tak Shing House

20 Des Voeux Road Central, Central

Hong Kong

Tel : 2526-1767

Fax : j2868-3568

email : weirlaw@weirandassociates.com

www.weirandassociates.com

< Back to main category

Login now