Healthcare for an elderly patient at home

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Tom_in_HongKong 10 yrs ago
Does anyone have a recommendation for a home nursing or other home healthcare provider? I need a professional nurse to attend to my mother, who is 80 years of age, is relatively frail and suffers from early Alzheimer's. I would like someone who is reliable and properly trained (so no "China Nurses"). Thanks in advance.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Ed 10 yrs ago
Some of the helpers here will have those qualifications... many have employer reference letters

http://hongkong.asiaxpat.com/helpers/

lisalausp 10 yrs ago
We hired a company called Life Extension for nursing service for my grandmother, who was injured in a fall. They did a professional job and were reliable. Good customer service and communication also.

Tom_in_HongKong 10 yrs ago
Thanks lisalausp -- how expensive was Life Extension?

community advice 10 yrs ago
Another company that says it can supply nurses is: Quality Healthcare Nursing Agency 2975 2391. Apparently Linda Chan on 2975 2398 is helpful. I'm afraid I don't know the cost. Their website is www.qhms.com.hk

Good luck,

Nicci from the Community Advice Bureau

lisalausp 10 yrs ago
Life Extension wasn't the cheapest we priced for nursing help, but it was worth it given the service & commication. The registered nurse was reliable and well schooled, which is good given everything we had to worry about in these situations. The telephone number is 2790 7290. Good luck also!

Tom_in_HongKong 10 yrs ago
Thanks, all, for the recommendations. I called around this morning, including a few home health and private nurse providers I found off the internet. LisaLauSP, I see your point about Life Extension. Thnx again!

ku shan 10 yrs ago
any possibility to hire a live in car giver ? or may be live out one ?

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad