Catholic Christening?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Mrs Miggins 18 yrs ago
We have decided to get our little boy christened. Can anyone recommend a Catholic Priest/ Church in HK who we can talk to about this? Preferably a flexible, open minded Priest as we have a couple of out of the box requests for the Christening.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
firsttimemom 18 yrs ago
St. Vincent's church in Hang Hau is delightful, and Father Willie and Sister Caroline are great, very flexible and easy to talk to. Christenings are normally the last sunday of every month, but they will do one-offs too. Need to search for the # to call... but you need to give them about a week to 10 days notice, and there are a couple of forms for you and the godparents.

kar 18 yrs ago
We had both of our children baptized by Father Wurth at St. Anne's in Stanley. We had a private baptism each time. Not sure about the "out of the box" requests. You need one Catholic godparent but s/he does not need to be present--you can have a "proxy" stand in for the person.

Mrs Miggins 18 yrs ago
Well if they do not want to Christen my son a Catholic for any reason then that will be the last time you ever see me step foot in a Catholic Church.

doyler 18 yrs ago
A christening is a welcome into the catholic church, and the intention is that you will bring up your child as a catholic. Most do not 'insist' that you are a regular church goer, but your intention should be that you will bring up your child in the catholic faith. If not, why would you have your child christened??

Mrs Miggins 18 yrs ago
I am defo there.

ghie 18 yrs ago
I was raised as a Catholic but I only attend mass during birthday, Christmas day and New Year's Day. My partner is a non-practitioner at all. We are not married. I have been told that not being married leads to unapproved baptism in HK, is it true?

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad