Advice for Dependent Visa & Rights

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by snowywind 10 yrs ago
Hi,

I need some clarification regarding my visa status. I got married to an Indian guy in 2009 and then we moved to hk. My husband got his PR in this year. ANd then he shocked me with a news that he wants a divorce frm me. Saying he doesn't have any feelings for me. He even tried to cancel my visa but immigration dept me told him tha he can't do it till the time i have my valid visa with me. And he told me that he wont be sponsoring my visa after this and he left the house saying he s firm abt it and he wants a divorce.

Now, i already completed 4 years in HK.. Is thr any way out through which i can have my PR and also i have no idea abt my legal rights in HK as a spouse.

What should i do?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
cookie09 10 yrs ago
how about you speak to immigraton yourself first?

punter 10 yrs ago
Assuming you had been staying with a dependent visa, there's no other way you can stay in Hong Kong without another sponsor (may that be another husband for another dependent visa, or a company for a work visa).

If you worked here while on dependent visa, your current company may be the best way to go (ask them to sponsor you for a work visa).

snowywind 10 yrs ago
Thank u for ur responses. Yeah i have to check with immigration dept.. And i am still searching for a job as i resigned from my earlier job with my husband's approval.

So lets see if i can find anything

snowywind 10 yrs ago
For student visa I tried MBA but fees cost 600,000 hid for 16 months..

Any other suggestions?

Thank u in advance

punter 10 yrs ago
Do you have some money to invest (around 10M), or are you extraordinarily skilled? These are two other ways to gain HK visa.

snowywind 10 yrs ago
I meant hkd currency

snowywind 10 yrs ago
U Should check HKUST.. And that is not an option for me.. So can we plz just let it be? Thank u

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad