Banquet hotel Four seasons vs Manderin Orential

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by sayyee 18 yrs ago
Has anyone had any experience eating at a chinses style wedding banquet in either Manderin Oriental (now under rennovation) or at the Four seasons Hotel - ie whats the food and service like? We're planning to get married next year and need to book a venue- so far, future hubbie can't decide between the 2,

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
F100 18 yrs ago
Dear Sayyee,

I went to a wedding held at the old Mandarin Hotel.

The main problem with the wedding was not the food but had to do with the room itself.

The couple who were married invited around 150 guests.

The room shape was like a long rectangle.

Hence, the people sitting towards the end of the room could barely hear the speeches.

As a result, many of them started having their own conversation because they couldn't hear what was going on. The best man ended up having to go to the end of the room to "hush" people and tried to stop them from talking.

It became a snowballing effect because the people who were close enough could hear the speeches but it was very awkward because we kept on looking that the other tables who were laughing and talking loud.

Also, some of them felt "less important" because of their seating plans which could not have been helped because of the shape of the room.

The wedding couple had a microphone but it didn't help very much at all.

To sum it up, make sure you check the shape of the room. I remember the food at the Mandarin was being quite good and the service as being excellent. However, I am sure some of the guests were pretty pissed off and the bride, groom and other speakers were not happy because the groups at the end were making so much noise.

retailjunkie 18 yrs ago
I had my wedding reception at the Peninsula Hotel. The food was, without a doubt, above average as always and the service was impeccable. My husband and I put up our out-of-town guests at the Peninsula and we also stayed in the Marco Polo suite.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad