AsiaXPAT Radio is now LIVE!

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Ed 18 yrs ago
http://hongkong.asiaxpat.com/radio

Hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit after hit....

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Ed 18 yrs ago
Wanna feel happy? Harvest Moon - Neil Young - now playing on AsiaXPAT Radio

Ed 18 yrs ago
We might consider some news or interviews later depending on the feedback on the all-music version - however having listened to this for the past few days I am inclined to stay with all music (and a few ads) because all the tracks are great to listen to.

Ed 18 yrs ago
Hmmmm .... passing that to tech

Sg Ed 18 yrs ago
Tough one to explain. All there are behind each of these icons are in effect web address....clicking on them by themselves will not have this effect on your computer. Not to lay blame...but perhaps you did somehtiung you didn't notice when launching the player. Wiht that said if you give me a ring 2815-2076 I will walk you through chaning the icons back.

JL

Ed 18 yrs ago
Now Playing: Been a long time since Hong Kong Rock and Rolled (Zepellin)....

Aint that true...

Ed 18 yrs ago
We're keeping the ads to a minimum... i think its 2 minutes every quarter hour.

aussieinhk 18 yrs ago
Not wanting to rain on Ed's parade, I think it's a great idea...But don't all my fellow expats realize that there are literally hundreds of radio stations that stream live to the internet? If your after say news, views and music from back home in Australia, simply type "Australian radio stations" into any search engine.

Ed 18 yrs ago
Of course there are but I have yet to come across a station with music as good as what we are playing (subjective opinion) plus this station ties into our web site and the ads are localized... eventually we will have ads from major resorts with special offers as well as other ads that are relevant specifically to our audience.

No doubt some people will listen to other online radio stations however being in Asia its my preference to listen to something out of Asia.

Ed 18 yrs ago
Now Playing: Painted Black - Stones

Ed 18 yrs ago
Now Playing: Fleetwood Mac

Ed 18 yrs ago
Top stuff now playing with Deep Purples My Woman From Tokyo

Burgundy 18 yrs ago
Great music .... but since I've been listening I get lots of anti-virus messages about "worm attempts" (which I've never had before). The log says they come from xxx.xx.143.144.

Any connection?

Ed 18 yrs ago
Will pass this to our tech support - thanks for the feedback

Ed 18 yrs ago
Aerosmith - Walk this Way now playing

Ed 18 yrs ago
Pinball Wizard - The Who.... no playing

Ed 18 yrs ago
All Along the Watchtower - Hendrix. Tune in....

Ed 18 yrs ago
Sweet Emotion - Aerosmith.

The greatest of the greatest songs of all time - ONLY on AsiaXPAT Radio.

Ed 18 yrs ago
We'll dedicate the current song to Hong Kong - Life in the Fast Lane - The Eagles.

Ed 18 yrs ago
This one will make you feel happy... Give a Little Bit - Supertramp

Ed 18 yrs ago
Back to FULL POWER with Lenny Kravitz and Are You Gonna Go My Way

Ed 18 yrs ago
And now ... The Cult

Ed 18 yrs ago
And now ... The Cult - She Sells Sanctuary

Ed 18 yrs ago
This one is dedicated to Shell and Exxon - Rock the Gas Bar by The Clash

Ed 18 yrs ago
Happy song! Solsbury Hills - Peter Gabriel

Ed 18 yrs ago
YES! Owner of a Lonely Heart

Ed 18 yrs ago
Happy music - Billy Idol - Catch My Fall

Ed 18 yrs ago
New Years Day - U2

Sg Ed 18 yrs ago
Hi Burgundy,

Those ip addresses are not the ones from our streams....not sure what is happening to your computer...but its def not from us. We are using a US based streaming company for the service...and I dont believe you can send viruses via a stream....I could be wrong..but in this case...doubtful.

Ed 18 yrs ago
Heheh... we're not really thinking about this a huge money spinner - but who knows... it's more of a marketing tool to promote the site and point out the content but most importantly we put this together because we wanted to make people (including all of us in the AX office) feel happy when they tune and listen to great music all day long.

I dont watch much TV but I keep the BBC and CNBC on as background noise when I collaborate with our web guys in Canada into the wee hours of the night - now the TV goes off and the radio goes on.

There's the possibility of separate jazz and classical channels down the road but for now our next big content project is compiling a list of the categories and words that you would most make use of in the various countries we cover in the local languages - then recording them and putting them online.

We are working on the master list now (it wont include 'my car's tranmission is broken can you fix it....') and once done we will get into the studio and record this into Cantonese, Mandarin, Thai, Bhasa, etc...

What'd Neil Young say - Rust Never Sleeps?

Ed 18 yrs ago
Pink Floyd's up to bat...

Ed 18 yrs ago
This will brighten up a gloomy day - Teenage Wasteland - The Who

Ed 18 yrs ago
Turn up your speakers real LOUD and get ready for Deep Purple - Smoke on the Water!

Ed 18 yrs ago
Adding to the play list - Maggie May Rod Stewart, Neil Young - Sugar Mountain, more INXS, Midnight Oil, Paul Simon, Prince....

Jellebee 18 yrs ago
Absolutely love the song selection! And especially thats its international unlike most classic rock stations on the net which are very US group biased.

Ed 18 yrs ago
Thanks!

Ed 18 yrs ago
We are not avoiding the royalties... it's not particularly cheap to run an online station particularly if we get thousands of people listening at the same time at some point...

DaHKGKid 18 yrs ago
Could be Q107 out of Toronto. Love it.

Ed 18 yrs ago
SG Ed is sending in another list of songs shortly to complete the play list (this has been like trying to pick a world cup team for Brazil that had every great player that ever played for a Brazil team...)

On Monday we put the hammer down with an email shot to Hong Kong with an opportunity to win dinner at some of the Igors Group restaurants for the persons who suggest new songs for the play list.

cheesygrin 18 yrs ago
After you go into some of the threads there is no longer a button direct to the radio station if you suddenly fancy switching it on and I find I have to go back before I find it again - is it not worth adding a button or other access to the other threads (if you follow what I mean!!) (Or have I missed something else completely?)

OldHippy 18 yrs ago
Ax. back in my good books :).

Lets hear some from April Wine

You Could Have Been a Lady

ust Between You and Me

Crash And Burn

tmk 18 yrs ago
cheesygrin has a good point. Might even consider having the button or icon provide the title of the song currently playing. I'm sure your techies cold figure it out as other online radio stations do it.

oldhippy... you put April Wine in my head and I can't get rid of it. I'm stuck on Weeping Widow, it's like a broken record and I can't get out:)

Ed 18 yrs ago
Currently the only way to get at the station is from the button the home page. We will be adding this to the inner page nav left side bar asap.

We are also getting ready for a massive overhaul of our sites and the Radio access link will be a prominent feature

sidsingh 18 yrs ago
Love the rock selection....this radio station is always on for me...

However, the collection is limited...dont wanna sound like am complaining...but you cant get enough of a good thing.

Ed- this one is for you!

Ed 18 yrs ago
Radio station is offline - there wasnt enough interest to justify the cost to keep it playing

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad