Junk Boating Destinations

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by qvong 18 yrs ago
Okay..looking for some ideas.

We are heading into the harbor for another junk boat tour. There will be kids on this one ranging from 3-5. We've done the junk to Lantau for lunch, of Shek-O and Repulse bay for a swim.

Any other ideas or place we can go for a fun day? Are there any beaches you can junk to without having to wade into the beach with the kids. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
oj 18 yrs ago
We have done a sail over to Disney to watch the fireworks, sailed to Sai Kung and anchored off a lovely beach about 30 mins out of Sai Kung and have canoed to the beach, swam, etc......

Obeah Man 18 yrs ago
Shorter trips you might want to consider depending on the weather etc.:

Junk to St. Stephen's beach for the kids to swim, walk to Stanley for lunch or better still, get it delivered.

Head to one of the beaches on Lama and then lunch ashore there.

qvong 18 yrs ago
How long is the junk to Sai Kung roughly..

Meiguoren 18 yrs ago
These are great ideas and the links are very helpful. One recommendation states to take a Cantonese speaking friend. Has anyone tried to do this who isn't able to speak any Cantonese? I find the Mandarin I learn on the mainland doesn't carry me very far in HK.

riverman 18 yrs ago
If you don't speak cantonese, bring a dictionary and a bunch of magazines. I found that I could convey my meaning by pointing to pictures in the book (people swimming, remote beaches, etc) and using the dictionary to find verbs.

But its brutally challenging and time intensive. Its better with a cantonese speaker along.

spurs 18 yrs ago
Hi,

The jaspas junk heading around sai kung is fantastic and great for kids. leaves about 11am, back around 5. Sensational bbq and includes all you can drink. they stop near one of the beaches and you can jump of the roof. they also put a little tent on the beach and you can swim/take a boat into shore for a while too. no need to worry about chinese language.

cheers

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad