Pay Pal Scam

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Ed 13 yrs ago
Here's some info on how the Paypal scam that scum are using to try to defraud classifieds advertisers....

We have upgraded our warning re: paypal and it now appears in heavy bold above all messages in the people's inbox... NEVER respond to paypal requests...

Just to give you an update on how it's going, I dont expect that the police will be interested in this, although I done my duty. I have as I advised you been tagging this guy along to try and give me some better information about who they are.

If you recall this scam is to ask you to open a paypal account so he can send the £3,000 I advertise the goods for and pass him your account details, Then sends you a mail to say he's done it, which is followed by a fake notification from paypal of the funds arrival into your account.

The funds are surprisingly +$2,000 more than I had advised, you are requested to send the $2,000 via Western Union to pay for the transport and then your money ($3,000) will be released to you once the transaction is complete (yeah right).

So the scam is they extort the $2,000 from you and you dont get your paypal money.

So I have been acting like a bit of a dummy in trying to get information from him on where the western union account address should be sent but he refuses to say and states it not a necessity in the transfer.

I have since advised him that I have sold the item so should I return all the money ($5,000) ??? very excited they keep pushing me to Western Union but I refuse as he doesn't give me all the info and say that W/U refuse the transaction without this. I have said that the best I can do is give him the cash when he is in HK next.

Eventually today after lots of back and fourth mail he has given me a HSBC bank account, although only the details and yet another name (the third I have). So I am hoping that the bank account is traceable, which I will pass to the police .

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Spitfire 13 yrs ago
They should be a WAY to stop these people! Let's all put our heads together.

en7jos 13 yrs ago
I've had a number of responses to adverts I have posted which I thought sounded suspicious because they were willing to pay the full asking price, but didn't know what this was or what the item for sale was.

Here is a typical message I received (and ignored!) so others know what to delete if they see it:

----------------------------------------------------------

Sent: June 4/11 8:9AM

Hi am interested in your sale.

Is a good price and i am ready to buy from you..

Thanks

Email me back to: Liu.chu35@yahoo.com so that we can discuss over there cos i dont check my asiaxpat regularly.

----------------------------------------------------------

Another clue is that their email address always appears to be a Yahoo one. The guy was also unable to collect the item himself and so would be using an agent to collect it for him, again very dubious.

Be warned!

Ed 13 yrs ago
Never... ever deal with someone using paypal.... please inform us of their username

yapfamily 13 yrs ago
We got cheated too for HKD2000 via Paypal and Western Union. The police cannot do much about it. In fact, they are not at all helpful.

One thing we can do is to start compiling a list of names of the fraudster. Post it on the Asiaxpat and ask the web master to ban these user.

We were cheated by liu.chu35@yahoo.com and Mike Fisher in KL.

yapfamily 13 yrs ago
The latest one was last Friday when the scum tried to cheat again. This is what was written.

re:1/2 size Cello

Sent: June 17/11 5:37AM

Do you still have it avalable ?

Thanks

Email me back to: Darbydavid28@yahoo.com .

Ed, please compile a list and ban them forever in asiaxpat, these scum are doing no good to your website!!!

Ed 13 yrs ago
We cannot ban them forever because they can get back in the game after we ban them by registering a new email address and setting up a new account.

The only way to stop them is if people follow the warnings that are posted on the main classifieds page and very prominently on members inboxes ...

NEVER respond to anyone trying to use paypal for a transaction - and report them immediately to us.

And I would suggest that you NEVER conduct a transaction without meeting the buyer or at least getting a mobile phone number from them. Be suspicious of someone willing to send you money for something that they have not inspected...

And finally, if someone is NOT in HK and trying to buy something from you immediately assume it is a scam.... Why would anyone living in another country want to buy used goods from HK and pay to have them shipped?

Yogini 13 yrs ago
And here is another one which should be banned. Same message and once you resond via regular email they ask to pay by Pay Pal

re:Black Steel Stylish CD Stand and CDs

Sent: June 24/11 1:1PM

Hello, i am yang, i like the stuff and i am ready to buy ,

please let me know the last actual price you are selling the stuff i am ready purchase, contact me via yang.wong47@yahoo.com

i awaits your reply

regards

yang

Ad Details

------------

Black Steel Stylish CD Stand and CDs

Pick-up in Tung Chung

Trebron 13 yrs ago
Hi All,

below my mail conversation with narin1 who try to cheat me last year. What rings my alarm bell immediately was that he/she like to pay more then I ask for without checking the item first.

Regards Norbert

re:Rolex Submariner

Sent: July 2/10 3:45PM

I wish i can come and pay you in cash so i can see the present condition of the watch,but am currently on a primary assignment out of town.That was why i preferred PayPal only for security reasons,you can just setup a PayPal account via their website www.paypal.com and get back to me with the Payment invoice through your account once you setup the PayPal account

-----------------

July 2/10 10:24AM

Hi Narin1,

the watch is new, the watch is in same condition then you can get it from a Rolex dealer. But sorry I do not accept PayPal payment. Cash when collecting the watch. No other payment Term.

Regards Norbert

-----------------

July 2/10 9:46AM

Thanks for the reply i am willing to offer $65,500 if you can assure me it's in good working condition send me a PayPal payment invoice of $65,500 to my email narinmil@gmail.com once i get the invoice i'll transfer the money ASAP.

Thanks

-----------------

July 1/10 8:42AM

Yes till now watch is available.

regards Norbert

-----------------

June 30/10 10:19PM

Do you still have this item available for sale????Email me here or narinmil@gmail.com

Ad Details

------------

Rolex Submariner

100% Original, 100% new and 100% unworn

Rolex Oyster Perpetual Submariner Date 116613 LN ( black dial )

Hongkong Retail price around 76,000 HKD

New Model Cerachrom Ring, Bracelet with Glidelock Close

Buying Date June 2010 ( authorized Rolex Dealer in Germany )

Country Code 100 ( Germany ).

International guarantee card, original box, manual and certification

Unwanted Gift will sell for 65,000 HKD price is fix no negotiation !!

Ed 13 yrs ago
Banned: narin1

Dextrovert 13 yrs ago
Got the same one from Jimmy, sorry jeemy

Dextrovert 13 yrs ago
Jeemy's IP address is 82.128.49.13 and resolves to Abuja in Nigeria. I've now offered him a plank of wood for US$10,000. Wonder if he will buy it...he says he is so ready to......

Pie Pie Pig 13 yrs ago
Jeemyim@yahoo.com contacted me as well, offering to buy my gorgeous chandelier for MORE than the asking price - duh. Then the email about Paypal came. Luckily I had read all the notices from Ed about not dealing with these scammers. The first few emails were coherent but the last one that mentioned Paypal was in broken English and talked about having bought a bus for his farm - all done safely via Paypal. The world is a strange place, fellow asiaxpats...

busybryanne 13 yrs ago
Hi there, i just almost fall for it as well! We were emailing about the pick up, this time the excuus was:

I would have really love to come for the viewing but due to my work as a contractor that might not be possible as am on a contract work at the moment under some months and this takes all my time ..I will be responsible for the pick-up by shipping agent and collection so that wont be a problem for you..

I will pay through paypal to you, cos bank transfer reflect 3 days with so much charges.

The last time i but a bus which i use in my farm, i paid through paypal and was good...

If you dont have an account with paypal you can get one now through... Www.paypal.com and sign up under 5 minutes ..

Thank

I await your reply fast because I am really willing to buy ..

His email: jeemyim@yahoo.com

Tony724 13 yrs ago
It appears jeemyin is very busy. I have also recently had him contact me on an item. I also got the same story about being a contractor and not being able to pick it up due to his contract. Guess I wont deal with him, unless he wants to buy a plank of wood for US$10,000 from me too, love that one.

Dextrovert 13 yrs ago
It's good quality wood, honest!!, almost not many knots (or wood for that matter). I offer free shipping too what more does the guy want..Still not heard from him - I'll give it a day or two and lower the price to $9,998 and see what he says.

You cannot be soft on these guys, they play on your good nature. Check out 419eater.com for a riot of laughs on how to beat these guys.

Don't be drawn in by their speel, get the money first, no exceptions.

rscherle 13 yrs ago
I am trying to sell some of my kids legos and this is what I got:

re:Lego Duplo lot

Sent: June 29/11 4:9AM

Thanks

Email me back to: Jeemyim@yahoo.com..

Ad Details

------------

Lego Duplo lot

Huge set (20 lbs)

2 complete train sets

over 80 pieces of track

$2,000

rscherle 13 yrs ago
followed by:

You've got new funds!

Dear Valuable Customer (scherle@netvigator.com)

This email confirms that Jeem Yim has sent you $4000.00HKD via PayPal MERCHANDISE Payment Service.

This credit card transaction will appear on

Jeem Yim

Payment Details

Merchandise Name: (Goods)

Transaction ID:

3KL681507K583101L

Merchandise Amount:

$2000.00HKD

Transport Charges: $2000.00HKD

Total:

$4000.00HKD

PayPal ID:

xxxxxx@netvigator.com

Business Information

Business:

Jeemyim@yahoo.com

Confirmed Transport Company:

Shipping Info:

(Address Status:-----------------Confirmed)

Name: William Morrom

Adress: E1-12 Taman selinsing 7

State: Kuala Lumpur

city: selangor

zipcode: 52100

Receipt Number: 3511-0043-1138-1166

NOTE: This is to confirm to you that the said amount has been successfully transferred by the Sender and been deducted from his Account which is ready to be credited into your account, been that this Payment has been subjected to be a Payment for a MERCHANDISE purchased from you, we reserve the right to make sure this transaction is safe and secured also to verify the legitimacy level on this transaction because of the high sum of funds involved.

The above sum has Included the transport charges and taxes quoted for the buyer

as per

(PayPal MERCHANDISE PAYMENT POLICY).

You will receive a Message from the PayPal Customer Verification Department Shortly informing you on how to send the Transport fares and taxes to the transport company.

Send Western Union Information to us through this mail

:[Add]

(Notification.verification@consultant.com).

This payment is approved but it will stand as payment pending until we receive the Western Union Information from you.

For any details regarding the transaction contact our customer care for any question through (Notification.verification@consultant.com).

Thank you for using

Auction Payments. We look forward serving your online auction payment needs in the future..

Copyright 1999-2011 PayPal. All rights reserved.

PayPal- Ltd. is authorized and regulated by the Financial Services Authority in the United State as an electronic money institution.

rscherle 13 yrs ago
i really wish I could punch this guy in the nose via cyber-space

Dextrovert 13 yrs ago
Re Jeemy and the Paypal thing, I'm pretty sure that he should at least get the address right. Selangor is the state isn't it? and address has 2 'd' s.

As for my wood, I wrote to him again and told him it came from the RMS Titanic and was valued at 15,000. I offered him free shipping to Nigeria but so far he hasn't responded. I think my wood might be unsold. Ah well.

lasez 13 yrs ago
I got the email from jeemyim as well. Luckily you have the warning out in bold. I did not pay much notice to it initially.

re:Medela Double Electric Pump

Sent: June 28/11 6:36PM

Thanks

Email me back to: Jeemyim@yahoo.com..

rose carmeli 13 yrs ago
wow.... also tried it with me....

it was too fishy....

Ed 13 yrs ago
IP addresses are generally dynamically issued, and so if you ban one you may impact multiple users.

Tom C 13 yrs ago
I nearly fell for this too. Same character - jeeemyim, same email trail, same pay pal emails. Was almost going to go through with it but something didn't seem right so I did some fishing on google and found this pay pal scam warning page.

Ed - if you're trying to get the police involved let me know. He called me so I have his phone number. Unfortunately, he also has mine and my email address...

Ed 13 yrs ago
Other members are in touch with the police on this...

TangE 13 yrs ago
I received message from an interested buyer who asked me to set up a paypal account too. Name of the buyer : Nigel Marven

He said : I will be responsible for the pick-up by shipping agent and collection so that wont be a problem for you..

I will pay through paypal to you, cos bank transfer reflect 3 days with so much charges.

The last time i but a bus which i use in my farm, i paid through paypal and was good...

If you dont have an account with paypal you can get one now through... Www.paypal.com and sign up under 5 minutes ..

Thank

Pie Pie Pig 13 yrs ago
I just heard from Nigel Marven who wanted to buy my dresser. For those who don't have little boys, Nigel Marven is a fictitious tv character who hunts down dinosaurs for scientific research. Too bad he's not real - my son would have been thrilled to have him buy something from us!

His usual line in broken English:

Sent: July 4/11 8:12AM

Hello, i am Nigel Marven and i am interested in your sale.

Thanks

Email Reply to: Nigelmarven1@gmail.com.

yapfamily 13 yrs ago
Me too. I also got a response from this "HERO" who wants to buy my cello.

Exactly the same verses everytime. Ed, how shall we get rid of this scum??

re:1/2 Size Cello

Sent: July 4/11 8:3AM

Thanks

Dextrovert 13 yrs ago
Ah, hang on, time to see if my plank of wood can get sold again. I knew it wouldn't be long.....Off to drop Nige a line.

MattJ 13 yrs ago
Hello, same thing has happened to me although Nigel was brave enough to call my mobile phone!!! It appears he was dialing from a mobile phone in the Toronto (Canada) area. I have his number and I plan to report him to paypal and the police. If anyone wants any more information from me please message me.

thanks

skcb 13 yrs ago
Wow, seems like this Nigel Marven has been busy.

He's been emailing me about the table I've been selling, but thought something was up when he got cagey about giving his number and details.

--A few messages he sent below:

re:Folding Dining Table

Sent: July 4/11 11:24AM

Thanks

alantan 13 yrs ago
Hey, I have gotten the same spasms from this group of time wasters... Same format that they used in their written communication. Wasted my time in setting up paypal acct, going down to western union for queries. Thankfully, i called paypal's customer service whom confirmed this's a fraud.

They are not just targeting sellers from Asiaxpat. Geoexpat is another site they are "attacking". So be careful.

I did play along with one of the prick (Karenko33@yahoo.com, Liuwong49@yahoo.com). My original selling price for my sofa was 900, and I jacked up it to 9000 (x10). He/she responsed OK. haha, real morons.

yapfamily 13 yrs ago
Hi, MattJ and SKCB,

Do you happen to have this scum's contact no?? May I have it?

Thanks

skcb 13 yrs ago
Hi yap family, unfortunately I don't. Just the email address. Nigelmarven1@gmail.com. I will definitely be reporting them to the police.

MattJ 13 yrs ago
He is now going by the name of Raymondliu201@gmail.com - he has contacted me again!

MattJ 13 yrs ago
btw I do have have his number but I think it one of those digital phone numbers as I tried calling it and it went to a voicemail and was asked to type in the ext number

MattJ 13 yrs ago
His number is +16478283162

Ed 13 yrs ago
Banned rayliu

Rather than posting here please email us using the email address on the classifieds and on your inbox... we pick those up almost immediately and ban them as fast as they can register

Pie Pie Pig 13 yrs ago
Good morning,

It seems raymondliu201 is now scared of sending emails. Instead I receved a bloody text message on my phone this morning at 5 am - "I am interested in your sale. If you still have it available. Reply to: raymondliu201@gmail.com"

The phone number has changed to +46 73 749 45 33. This is the same number that henryyu4006@gmail.com used as a contact number.

Ed 13 yrs ago
Please email us the usernames so we can ban info@asiaxpat.com

sybil 13 yrs ago
Yup he's been busy. Also got a text message from him saying he's interested to buy a car for 280k without even wanting to look at it!! What's he thinking?? Thanks for posting his email address which I googled and led to this page!

ahelson 13 yrs ago
I think someone should do something about this. I am sure not everyone is googling his email address and then comes to this site. I also first received an SMS from a Swedish number, which is +46 737494533, tried to call it but the number is not registered.

I got suspicious because he wanted to buy my car for 180k without even inspecting it. But as always my thinking is if it is too good to be true, then its fishy.

Thanks for posting this here!

zjs68 13 yrs ago
Here's another scam artist:

r.cuington01@gmail.com

tiffstone 13 yrs ago
I’ve got the phone number and email same as above, and they ask me to send $2000 to Service-PayPal .Com® notification.verification@consultant.com without inspecting my sofa before buying. Pls note that the username and the email addresses : -

Usersnames : james 1

Email: mary.james00987@gmail.com, henryyu4006@gmail.com

We must be careful ….

Artman 13 yrs ago
Holy Cr*pola. I love the internet! I am selling an Ipad and Nigel Marven agreed to buy and his response was a bit off because it was like a canned response that didn't really makes logical sense. So I googled his name and found this thread. Whew, I would've went through pains had I tried to sell to this guy.

On stupid thing is that he asked what is the agreed upon price on asiaexpat? WTF, I listed the price already.

Here is the email thread:

It nice hearing back from you, just to let you know that am okay with the condition and price, i know it worth the price and i will be offering you the $3,800 for it..

I will be responsible for the pick-up by my shipping agent at your location,they will do all collection so that will not be a problem for you...

Get back to me and let me know if you are ok with the price so that i can proceed...

Thanks

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 1:33 AM, I wrote:

$3800 is the listed price and comes with warranty. I am headed back to wan chai and will be heading to pacific place for dinner. Let me know where you want to meet and time.

Sent from my iPhone

On 21 Jul, 2011, at 4:21 PM, nigel marven wrote:

Sounds good hearing back from you and i am happy with the condition....

I am ready to buy this... Please Tell me the price agreed on asia-xpat and i can be sure to proceed to complete the deal today

Thanks

Soonest reply needed..

Photobug121 13 yrs ago
I just got contacted by James Minor / Nigel Marven.

I immediately realized he was hoax when he sent me some fake paypal email (with bad spelling) asking for money sent to western union.

C'mon. WE LIVE IN HK BUT WE ARE NOT STUPID.

i have reported him to the local police and local hk newspapers. i hope he rots in prison for all the troubles he's brought to asiaxpat users.

whazboy 13 yrs ago
Photobug 121

I just been contacted by James Minor to by mobile text and asked to be contacted by email.

He said the price was worth it and would deal with the shipping, I thought how odd.

Then insisted on Paypal as Bank transfer too costly.

whazboy 13 yrs ago
Just adding after my first post about the scam,

I got same email reply as Artman above.

'It nice hearing back from you, just to let you know that am okay with the condition and price, i know it worth the price and i will be offering you the $1,600 for them..

I will be responsible for the pick-up by my shipping agent at your location,they will do all collection so that will not be a problem for you...

Get back to me and let me know if you are ok with the price so that i can proceed...

Thanks'

I suspect it was odd, why I contacted asiaxpat, who sent me this link.

You been warned

KyKH 13 yrs ago
2 weeks ago, this James Minor also performed the same cheat to me. Keep sending emails to me by saying my items are in good price and need them quickly etc....

He forwarded a fake PayPal payment confirmation note as a proof and at last pushing for $2000 to Western Union as being the transportation cost etc....

Luckily, I am a lazy woman and don't want to go for complicated deal, so I was not cheated. At that time I also checked my PayPal account and reviewed the payment status, thus proving the payment confirmation note I had receivd from James Minor was a fake one. I reported my case to PayPal immediately and hope that they can take some measures to protect the PayPal users because this would totally break their reputation.........

Anyway, be smart and careful when making the on-line deal, Good luck !!!

davidcheffy 13 yrs ago
here is another good one

Nigel marven I wanted to sell my wine collection as I need to go back home to europe to take care of my family for a few weeks

Same story with pay pal after I did not want to go to western union to pay the additional 5000 hkd he send me a warning letter from the police hahahaha

i forwarded all of his emails to Pay pal in the hope they can track him down

we should all sell those frauds a email so that will keep them busy

superfly1999 13 yrs ago
Got this today.

On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 12:19 PM, Jeem Yim wrote:

I am ready to buy this... Please Tell me the price agreed on asia-xpat and i can be sure to proceed to complete the deal today

Thanks

Soonest reply needed..

KitAngel 13 yrs ago
Dear AsiaXpat,

I have an account with you, username ****. I have an ad for a Mercedes *****.

I have had 3 replies through the AsiaXpat message board from Paypal phishing parties in reply to the ad.

The senders are "sujee" "Polly Chan" and "jane.wharton259".

Another reply which may also be from a phisher but which does not ask for Paypal - yet - appears to be "trish29" who asks me to email to trishahills1@blumail.org.

I foolishly replied to 2 of them, not giving details or agreeing to anything. I emailed "Polly Chan" asking if she was also Jane Wharton.

I then noticed your Paypal warning.

When 'sujee' emailed back asking why I did not contact him/her. When I tried to copy and paste that message into an email back to you reporting the scam, a virus erupted into my home PC which I am now trying to have removed.

I have now been able, on another PC, to login and delete those messages.

Your HK webpage is also running rather slow. I wonder if it has been hacked? Is there something in there harvesting passwords? That would be a very big concern to me and other users.

Please would you deal with this matter as soon as possible. Please block the phishers and screen the messages posted for Trojan and other viruses.

Many thanks,

[KA].

Ed 13 yrs ago
I cannot think of any circumstances why anyone would purchase used items from the Classifieds - site unseen - using paypal...

I would think that if you were going to buy something you would meet the person and pay them in cash...

In every single instance where we have banned someone after a paypal report, we have had not one single complaint asking why we banned.

Under no circumstances should anyone accept payment when selling something on the classifieds if the buyer is involving paypal.

100% you will get ripped off.

AML 13 yrs ago
In defence of PayPal, it is actually a very secured way of payment and receipt of fund. The Scammers are not just faking Paypal emails to trick you into the belief that you have been paid extra. All one needs to do is to check Your Paypal account balance via the Paypal site, just like you would with your bank account on the ATM or Internet banking. The scammers have also been known to use Western Union and other payment sites, too. Nothing new really, before the age of Internet they would send you bank drafts from a bank in the Nevada desert to purchase goods.

I have been using Paypal to buy and sell on eBay for many years and never had any issues. It is particularly a convenient way of sending small amount of money overseas without the high bank charges.($200~$350 fixed charge by bank). As long as one follows the guidelines you can spot the fraudsters from a mile away. I do not agree a blanket ban of Paypal is the solution. It is like banning the sale of Rolex after a faked one has been sold on AsiaXpat. The fraudsters are trading on the good name of Paypal.

Oone very simple fact is that Paypal offers a refund procedure so it is giveaway sign if the fraudsters is asking you to refund via a different payment method.

aml

Ed 13 yrs ago
Agree - Paypal is not at fault... if you look at the nature of the scam outlined at the top of this thread...

We've upgraded our warning on people's inbox to a HUGE RED WARNING ... and we link directly to this thread...

Hopefully these villains will get no further traction with our members and move on....

cyiindi 13 yrs ago
Came across same issue as others. Emails to note:

philipyu007@gmail.com

triciahills1@blumail.org

michnacmoraki@gmail.com

suujuue@gmail.com

jane.wharton259@gmail.com

MidLevelsSale 13 yrs ago
Another to add:

Grace 45

gracecedillio@hotmail.com

the paypal email that follows is very convincing, bar two grammatical errors which raised my suspicions.

kazia326 13 yrs ago
Below are some I've came across who said he/she will use Paypal :

nigel marven

Jeem Yim

mark robbinson

Felix Yuki

Hope it helps.

rafciu 13 yrs ago
hi

do you have any phone number i could dial to talk to some operator?

madallieangus 13 yrs ago
Hi I just this weekend had dealings with a bankyliu@gmail.com

i was very lucky because i went to Western Union and the refused to send the money for him, i am so greatful.

I spoke to PayPal and they were extremely helpful. But beware, Banky sent me emails from Paypal which looked exactly the same and were very prefoessional confirming the receipt of money into my account etc. always call paypal to confirm it is correct, they provided excellent help. Paypal said NEVER pay money to Western Union as they would never recommend this as WU are their direct competition. I have about 30 very pushy emails from him almost to the point of being extremely rude and pushy.(i am based in HK)

Pie Pie Pig 13 yrs ago
Ed

Just wondering how philipyu007@gmail got through to me - thought his email was banned? His username is philipyuuu

Sent: August 15/11 6:53AM

Thanks

I dont check my asia-xpat account reguarly.

Email me back to: philipyu007@gmail.com

Thanks,

Pie

dtfan4ever 13 yrs ago
I've been contacted twice now by these scammers. Be on the look out for these usernames/email addresses:

Sent: August 15/11 11:3PM

Thanks

Email me back to: philipyu007@gmail.com.

Sent: August 8/11 4:49AM

Thanks

Email me back to: ashaawong@gmail.com..

(I am based in Hong Kong)

Waleednaz 13 yrs ago
HI

I just wanted to let you know. this user has contacted me with the same type of info.

jeemyim@yahoo.com

Bruceybonus 13 yrs ago
If you want a laugh... read this..., this is how to get your own back.....

http://www.zug.com/pranks/powerbook/

its a cracker... rather long but read it all...

lindahtfung 13 yrs ago

On Tue, 8/16/11, philip Yu wrote:

Subject: Re: Garden furniture

Date: Tuesday, August 16, 2011, 6:36 PM

Ok 4,800hkd is a good offer..

I would have really love to come for the viewing but due to my work as a contractor that might not be possible as am on a contract work at the moment under some months and this takes all my time ..I will be responsible for the pick-up by shipping agent and collection after payment so that wont be a problem for you..

Thank

just 2 days ago, read it and just be careful. the conversation sounds too good to be true, just not too normal as a buyer.

KLilja 13 yrs ago
Hello,

I have been contacted by this fellow Jeemyim@yahoo.com under a login lindanelson011. Not sure if he has been banned already...

Cheers.

Mrsgray 13 yrs ago
Hello,

I have been receiving messages from this guy and having read previous postings above it would seem he has been trying to use the same scam many times before. He has only wanted to pay using paypal and someone else would collect on his behalf. He will not call me on the number I have given him and never questioned my prices. Be warned!

re:Bugaboo Cameleon 3-in-1 Pram

Sent: August 19/11 4:22AM

Thanks

Email me back to: Ch310310ris@gmail.com

amyovhk 13 yrs ago
HI there

I too have just been scammed by this guy: ch310310ris@gmail.com. I think those numbers in his email address should be 419 by the sounds of it!

Anyway, I too got to the point of receiving fake paypal emails from Service-PayPal .Com when I had actually raised an invoice for him to pay. It felt dodgy all along so was very weary about giving any personal details away and so glad I didn't. The address on the fake email was: Name: Yekum Serwaa

Address: E18-15 Taman Fadason kepong

City: Selangor

Zipcode: 52100

Watch out everyone, it sounded too good to be true and it was!

HK2006 13 yrs ago
Just got cheated by this guy. Saw this thread too late! Ed, please band this user.

Sent: August 19/11 4:24AM

Thanks

llishh 13 yrs ago
I have read a number of postings and also had been 'cheated' by contractors, people who have yahoo accounts and want the shipping companies to pick up the item etc. Very tired of it.

Worst of all I have been receiving calls in the middle of the night almost every night for about a month, since I started using AsiaXpat. It is extremely disturbing and a nuisance, and the calls are blocked. Is there any way to track these people down? I suspect and am fairly sure the caller is from those people who did not succeed in getting any money out of me, as I have asked around an nobody has any reason to call me at that time of the night, and EVERY NIGHT.

Please advise.

hktaff 13 yrs ago
re:winefridge

Sent: August 22/11 10:40AM

Thanks

Email me back to: Minorjames34@gmail.com

All looks too familair. Told him he was a scammer, and havent heard from him since. Will Yahoo do anything to stop these muppets?

fennho 13 yrs ago
Same here. I got tons of emails from different users on the PayPal scam. Latest is jamesminor. I noticed they all have a "template" in the first contact. It's always saying "it's a good price and i'm ready to buy from you..." (who the hell says ur READY to buy something?????) And in the next email AFTER u pretended to ask them more, they'll say "I'll get my shipping agent to collect from u" (yah right)

So perhaps Ed can post this warning in bold in the Classifieds section to prevent people from even going as far as the PayPal stage. Seems like these guys have a template to work on.

Can Chan 13 yrs ago
Hi,

I have just got one....

Thanks

and seems this is another:

Thanks

I dont check my Asia-xpat account reguarly.

Email me back to: Minorjames34@gmail.com

han81 13 yrs ago
Hi

I have also been scammed by minorjames34@gmail.com same address as hktaff on 22/08...he is still emailing me to make the next payment.Have reported the case to the police and they have opened a criminal case, also contacted paypal with the emails he send wrt "paypal" info and western union as well. Maybe everyone should report these cases to the police it might help them to realise it's a problem and they should start doing something about it?????

It seems as it is the same person using different accounts because the address for payment from the message amyovhk (ch310310ris@gmail.com scam email) is the same address that minorjames (jamesnormi) send to me....

maggie11 13 yrs ago
Hi,

OMG is this an internet con? Very active. I just received one on Aug 19. It's the same address, same person, obviously active. See below.

re:Samsung Home Theatre System Speakers Set Only - $950

Sent: August 19/11 5:10AM

Thanks

I was reluctant to open a paypal account....but thank you so much for posting the PAYPAL warning ... very helpful.

(I'm based in Hong Kong)

elissameck 13 yrs ago
Just dealt with this same person too - now using the name temyliu - his emails were suspicious so i told him i am no longer interested in selling to him.

Taylor12 13 yrs ago
I've been the victim of the same scam: the email address is nigelmarven1@gmail.com. He SMSed me asking me to invoice him by PayPal and to go to a Western Union address to pay the excess funds.

He SMS-ed using this number 44 7797 990997 (a UK mobile number). I've told him I'm no longer interested in trading.

Taylor12 13 yrs ago
Further

My paypal account showed funds received but the status was 'hold'. I did not obviously go to Western Union to complete the paypal request to receive the money. But have an email from Paypal saying legal action will be taken against me if I don't. I've obviously cancelled the PayPal money request but this is so annoying and a waster of time.

MommyTo3 13 yrs ago
Just got suspicious looking email (as mentioned above, exact copy) from michell59 ... just replied and said pick up and cash only. Assume we don't hear from him again, and if I do ... I probably know what the answer will be! Annoying!

---

Thanks

Email me back to: xxx

MommyTo3 13 yrs ago

Sent: August 27/11 6:4PM

Same email address, now operating under michell59 ...

Thanks

Email me back to: philipyu007@gmail.com

Nanettebaguette 13 yrs ago
I have received response from this suspicious user: michell59

email address: philipyu007@gmail.com

".....Sound nice hearing from you and yes price is agreed.

I would have really love to come for the viewing but due to my work as a contractor that might not be possible as am on a contract work at the moment under some months and this takes all my time.

I will be responsible for the pick-up by shipping agent and collection after payment so that wont be a problem for you..

Thank

I await your reply fast because I am really willing to buy .."

I stopped communicating with him afterwards and of course did not make the deal.

Maddy Nielsen 13 yrs ago
I have had the same today from this "person" . Have reported him to Asia expat!

MommyTo3 13 yrs ago
I've reported him straight away as well, and got a confirmation already on Monday morning. Funny enough when I told him, pick up in X, cash only (via message), he sent me another one that he isn't checking regularly (ignoring my message) and requesting me to email me again ... ignored him ...

sandylue 13 yrs ago
The scammer actually called me and explained how I could register a paypal account. I traced the phone number and he was calling from Canada.

ehscheung 13 yrs ago
Here is one that I received today, be careful of this scammer!

suspicious scammer: Anton Marcus (anton.marcus01@gmail.com)

Ok, I am outside Hk for now and i am now in malaysia for my contract work and cant meet up for cash payment....

So the best way to complete this transaction is using paypal instant money transfer, so once payment has been completed then you will receive payment and after then the shipper can come for the pick-up...

Thanks

Get an account now with paypal if you dont have one under www.paypal.com

travandcoops 13 yrs ago
Anton Marcus tried one on us as well. Hope he gets everything that is coming to him.

kazia326 13 yrs ago
Got this message today for your reference :

Sent: September 22/11 10:34AM

Thanks

Email me back to: Philipyu007@gmail.com

denessactp 13 yrs ago
The following message are sending from: philip Yu"
Be careful with this type of email because this is not the first time and they will keep sending you email...

Sounds good and yes price agreed on $2,200

I would have really love to come for the collect but due to my work as a contractor that might not be possible as am on a contract work at the moment under some months and this takes all my time ..I will be responsible for the pick-up by shipping agent and collection after payment so that wont be a problem for you..

Thank

I await your reply fast because I am really willing to buy this, so that after payment then my shipper can come for the pick-up..

aa2011 13 yrs ago
I got the similar message from Philip Yu as well:

I will want you to get back to me with your paypal-email, so that i can login to complete the transfer and my payment will make instant transfer ...

On 23 Sep 2011, at 10:33 PM, philip Yu wrote:

Ok, I am outside Hk for now and i am now in malaysia for my contract work and cant meet up for cash payment....

I bought a bus some weeks back and i paid through paypal and was well good and shipper pick-up after payment.

So the best way to complete this transaction is using paypal instant money transfer, so once payment has been completed then you will receive payment and after then the shipper can come for the pick-up...

Thanks

Get an account now with paypal if you dont have one under www.paypal.com.

On 23 Sep 2011, at 3:11 PM, philip Yu wrote:

I would have really love to come for the viewing but due to my work as a contractor that might not be possible as am on a contract work at the moment under some months and this takes all my time ..I will be responsible for the pick-up by shipping agent and collection after payment so that wont be a problem for you..

Thank

On 23 Sep 2011, at 3:45 AM, philip Yu wrote:

It nice hearing back from you, just to let you know that am okay with the condition and price, i know it worth the price and i will be offering you the $6000 for it..

Thanks

On 23 Sep 2011, at 1:49 AM, philip Yu wrote:

I am ready to buy from you.. Tell me list of items you have available for sale and i can tell you which ones i am interested in ok..

Thanks

List the items available for sale out in the next email and i will choose the ones that i am interested in..

Melanie3444 13 yrs ago
We have just been contacted by someone wanting to buy our goods, using the exact same language as people have included above. Again, the person has said they will pay the full price and are "happy with the condition". Email address is from ashaawu1717@gmail.com. This time apparently they are working as a contractor in Malaysia. We have refused the sale.

michaelywy 13 yrs ago
re:Chicco Stroller

Sent: September 18/11 9:32PM

Thanks

Email back to: Anton.marcus01@gmail.com

Anton Marcus is also a spamer. i refused to deal with him further as I suspected he might be here with a bad intention. Subsequently he used a ficitious email claimed to be sent by police for threatening an immediate transfer of funds to his western union as the deal is already sealed and cannot be cancelled.

It is important we know the status of the Transaction between you and "Anton Marcus" otherwise "Legal Action" may be taken against you since you have not replied to the confirmation of payment made to your PayPal Account..

We believed you entered into bidding agreement by requesting money through PayPal transfer and by non response to the payment confirmation email sent to you means that you have violate the PayPal agreement.

However the buyer has already contacted us in other to make report about your non response.

We are ensuring to make our PayPal a safer place, therefore we need to set confidence on our users.

We request for the Scanned Receipt and the MTCN details of the money $2,000.00HKD transferred via Western union in less than 24 hours and we will fund the money of $2,650.00HKD into your account or you will face the consequences of "Legal Action".

This is done in other to protect both the seller and buyer.

We use proprietary Technology and Constantly innovate to help ensure your transactions are safe.

In addition our Bank has over 20,000 staffs worldwide dedicated to keeping our PayPal accounts safe, and stopping online criminals.

And we work with Internet Service Providers (ISPs) worldwide to shut off fraudulent websites.

Our PayPal Fraud Investigation Team is highly experienced in fraud prevention.

Several members of the team were former law enforcement officials with extensive experience in fighting online fraud.

Our PayPal fraud investigation team focuses on: Identifying and preventing fraud before it occurs, Detecting fraud in process Mitigating loss, if fraud does occur, Delivering information to law enforcement around the world to help stop those committing online fraud.

We Have Your Information That We Will Use To Track You.

createbikeshk 13 yrs ago
i got the same message from this guy :Ashaa wu

Thanks

Email me back to: Ashaawu1717@Gmail.com

wei_family 13 yrs ago
I just got a similar email from michnacmoraki@gmail.com asking for my Ikea furniture. He said he is doing contract work in London, and will have an agent pick up the furniture. Unfortunately, I gave him my PayPal account. What should I do next?

Sg Ed 13 yrs ago
This is a scam! Please do not send or do transfer money!

We've already banned Username of this email address: michnacmoraki@gmail.com

Thank you for reporting to us. Do not reply anymore regarding your PayPal account.

nurat 13 yrs ago
Thanks for posting this. I had someone claim to be in Malaysia who wanted a baby stroller. Same deal. Pushing for me to setup a paypal account. Claiming someone would come to get the stroller.

Appreciate this info. Cash in hand is always better...

(Based in HK)

lloydhui 13 yrs ago
Thanks for sharing all these scams. I got this e-mail from this account. He's pushing me to set up PayPal. I thought it's just too odd for someone to rush into a deal.

re:Antique and Painting for sale

Sent: October 16/11 9:56PM

Hello, i am interested in your sale..

It is a good price and i am ready to buy from you.

Do you still have it available for sale..

Email reply to: Ashaawu1717@gmail.com

Thanks

Ashaa..

danyfiure 13 yrs ago
Thanks to everybody for advising on this fraud,

it's thanks to all your message and the Alert from asiaxpat that I was very alert.

thank you,

pls be aware to the following user name: ashaa

below the last e-mail I have received from this guy from this address:

ashaawu1717@gmail.com

Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 02:13:13 -0700

Subject: Re: IKEA 2 SEATER SOFA BED FOR SALE !!!

Ok, I am outside Hk for now and i am now in malaysia for my contract work and cant meet up for cash payment.

The last time a bought a bus in hk last month, i paid the seller using paypal and it was an instant transfer with no charges.

He got account through Www.paypal.com..

Thanks

Get an account now with paypal if you dont have one under www.paypal.com.

lizzieliz 13 yrs ago
I was the unlucky one, I actually sent the item to US by fedex, he said that he wanted to give the gift to his wife as wedding anniversary gift and asked me to rush it for him...his email is wong.cheng14@yahoo.com

lizzieliz 13 yrs ago
I recently got several replies from the same person and this is what she wrote, anyone think this is suspicious?

1. Do you still have this item for sale?

2. what sort of condition is it presently?

3. Last asking price?

4. Can it be sold via Paypal or bank transfer? Your response to these required information would be highly entertained before proceeding. Kindly email back on favourngrace@gmail.com.

Claudia

yourong 13 yrs ago
i have the similar experience and the guy is named SHHAA WU sending mail from shaawu1717@gmail.com. we shall report this to the policeman. thanks!

elodienyc 13 yrs ago
This is from yesterday:

Sent: October 24/11 10:9PM

I am interested in your sale.

It is a good price and i am ready to buy.

Do you still have it available for sale ?

I dont check my asia-xpat email reply to my Gmail.

Email reply to: Linseynorman@gmail.com

Thanks

Linsey

I then emailed her from my hotmail account and she asked me to use paypal

diveguy88 13 yrs ago
I would like to thank AsiaXpat for posting clear warnings about this scam.

I received a similar message to the above:

Sent: October 26/11 4:28AM

I am interested in your sale..

I don't check Asiaxpat, reply to my gmail.

Email me reply to: linseynorman@gmail.com

Followup emails had similar phrases to already mentioned:

Sounds good and price is agreed.

I would have really love to come for the viewing but due to my work as a contractor that might not be possible as am on a contract work

Hope everyone will take note of the Asia Xpat warnings...

Thanks to Asia Xpat for promptly banning this person

fenner.pedersen 13 yrs ago

Thank

I await your reply fast because I am really willing to buy.

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 7:23 AM, Fenner Pedersen wrote:

I'm fine with that. Can arrange fir your shipping agent to pick up. I want to be paid cash.

Sent from my iPhone

On 27 Oct, 2011, at 10:18 PM, linsey norman wrote:

It nice hearing back from you, just to let you know that am okay with the condition and price, i know it worth the price and i will be offering you the $800 for it..

Get back to me and let me know if you are ok with the price so that i can proceed

Sent from my iPhone

On 27 Oct, 2011, at 10:05 PM, linsey norman wrote:

I am ready to buy this... Please Tell me the price agreed on for the sale and i can be sure to proceed to complete the deal today

Thanks

Soonest reply needed.

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 6:50 AM, Fenner Pedersen wrote:

Hi Linsey

Yes I have the carrier with me. Can you come to Jardine's Lookout (my house) or causeway bay MTR? 

JAROB 13 yrs ago
Scam - got exactly the same as above.....

User name zaza56

email linseynorman@gmail.com

"I am interested in your sale..

I don't check Asiaxpat, reply to my gmail.

Email me reply to: linseynorman@gmail.com

Followup emails had similar phrases to already mentioned:

I would have really love to come for the viewing but due to my work as a contractor that might not be possible as am on a contract work

toad8 13 yrs ago
hi fds, the following email conversation between myself and the suspect who try to cheat these couple of days. i almost fall for it!! '~'

SUSPECT: 00011yu

EMAIL: wongyu201@gmail.com

Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 04:54:54 -0700

Subject: Re: foldable soccer coaching boards

I would have really love to come for the viewing but due to my work as a contractor that might not be possible as am on a contract work at the moment under some months and this takes all my time ..I will be responsible for the pick-up by shipping agent and collection after payment so that wont be a problem for you.. I will pay through paypal to you, cos bank transfer reflect 3 days with so much charges. The last time i but a bus which i use in my farm, i paid through paypal and was good... If you dont have an account with paypal you can get one now through... Www.paypal.com and sign up under 5 minutes .. Thank

2011/11/2 i wrote:

hi there, of course i'm ok. thx a lot!!

Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 01:24:35 -0700

It nice hearing back from you, just to let you know that am okay with the condition and price, i know it worth the price and i will be offering you the $150 for the 2.. I will be responsible for the pick-up by my shipping agent at your location,they will do all collection so that will not be a problem for you... Get back to me and let me know if you are ok with the price so that i can proceed... Thanks

2011/11/1 i wrote:

hi there, how about $100 for 2? i want 2 get rid of them, so pls give an offer if u don't agree the price coz i said 'any offer will do.' would like 2 remind u that the 2 coaching boards are in excellent condition except for a few small flaws in their corners.

Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 04:29:51 -0700

Sounds good hearing back from you and i am happy with the condition.... I am ready to buy this... Please Tell me the price agreed on for the sale and i can be sure to proceed to complete the deal today. Thanks

Soonest reply needed.

re:foldable soccer coaching boards

Sent: November 1/11 10:30AM

Hello, i am interested in your sale..

Email me reply to: Wongyu201@gmail.com

Thanks

Wong

Ad Details

------------

foldable soccer coaching boards

2 magnetic soccer coaching boards,

brand new and never used,

but a bit flaws in their corners,

other than that they are in excellent condition,

size: 23 cm x 27cm or 9' x 10.5' (closed)

27cm x 52cm or 10.5' x 20.5' (opened)

leather surface, inner white lines with green background,

including 26pcs of magnets and a deluxe coach pen.

paid hk$200.00 for 2,

just get rid of them, any offer will do!!

globetrottinj 12 yrs ago
yes user Yuwong has emailed me the same message about the bus ....

his email address is wongyu201@gmail.com

kuni 12 yrs ago
Another one!! Beware!!

re:Chair, Moving sale!

Sent: November 16/11 4:42PM

Hello, i am minor james interested in your sale.

I dont check asiaxpat account.

So Email me rely to:

Minorjames34@gmail.com

Thanks

kazia326 12 yrs ago
I received this message as well :

re:Tailor-made Glass Cabinet

Sent: November 16/11 5:11PM

So Email me rely to:

Minorjames34@gmail.com

Thanks

roboco 12 yrs ago
Yes I have the same guy and same story.

The fake bank even sent me a email saying he will take legal action!

We should stop these people!

Sent: November 16/11 4:45PM

So Email me rely to:

Minorjames34@gmail.com

thegoodstuff 12 yrs ago
re:OtterBox Samsung Galaxy S II Commuter Series Case

Sent: November 25/11 4:59PM

hi there

kindly get back to me if this item posted is still available???

and what is the item condition???

get back to me via my email address only mike_ndiga17@hotmail.com

thnaks

mike

---

Sent: November 26/11 3:28AM

Thanks for the mail,am sorry am not a local buyer and am not in your

country,am currently based in the UK!can the item be ship to Lagos

Nigeria?kindly get back to me with the total cost for both item and

shipping fees and your prefer way of making your payment.get back to

me.

please email me via my email address below

mike_ndiga17@hotmail.com

---

Sent: November 25/11 8:19PM

please what's the condition of this item??im interested.email back on my personal amalmborg@gmail.com

kazia326 12 yrs ago
Just received this reply as below :

re:Supreme Snuggle Nest Bed by Baby Delight

Sent: November 30/11 4:1AM

My name is, Christopher Rogers, I am very happy when i saw your advert today during my search and it really attract me ,to inform you that I have a very good business interest for investment in your country which I want to share with you, So if you’re interested contact me for more details. I look up to your responses.

Sincerely Yours

Moju 12 yrs ago
I got a reply from this email:

nelson.baker17@yahoo.com

Content:

Thanks for the mail,am willing to offer you 850 for the item and 280 for the shipping fees.kindly get back to me with your prefer way of making your payment and your payment details so that i can make your payment.get back to me

carol886 12 yrs ago
hello,everybody,

Forkill 12 yrs ago
Unfortunatelly I am victim of defrauder. there are his emails,he seemed to be serious and finally sent me document which looked like from paypal with all security images and stylish text:

..............................................................................................

Hello,

thanks for the response on the vehicle...I am currently in England and

im intrested in your vehicle.... i am ready to pay the price..

i like the vehicle, please when last do you change the oil and service

of the vehicle?

and how many years have you been using the vehicle?

what is the condition of the vehicle

am ready to purchase...This is my address below for reference

Name David Handy

Adreess 21 Rufus Court. Gosport Lane, Lyndhurst, Hampshire

Postal Code:SO43 7ER

Tel:+447031976991

please get back to me soonest so that payment and pick up can be

arrange immediately.

best regards

Mr David

................................................................................

Hello,

Thanks for your reply..I should have by the same type of car in

England but the amount is too cost and also the maintenance is too

high..

Good News:

I'm satisfied with the condition of the vehicle....

I will be paying you through PayPal (www.paypal.com) or bank to bank

transfer which is a fast, safe and reliable method of payment..

And i will take care of all Shipment Preparations for the vehicle to

my home in England,The shipping company will be the one to handle all

the preparation to bring it down to England for me...

So i will be paying directly into your bank account without any delay.

Get back to me with the details below to make the transfer....or get

back to me with your paypal i.d incase you dont have bank details

Account Holder Name;

Account Number;

Bank Name:

IBAN:

Swift Code:

Total price:

or send me your paypal info

Paypal account holder name :

Paypal email:

Total amount :

So once i receive the bank details to make the transfer i will go

ahead and make the payment....

Best regards

Mr David

........................................................................................................

I have receive your Paypal info and i will login and make Transfer

first thing soon tomorrow morning...i have forward your address to the

shipping company regarding the

pick up and i was charge 8,000ckz for the pick up and delivery of the

car to my home in England..Also paypal ask me to make additional

8,000czk to your account as a new paypal policy ..So I will

add the extra fee of 8000czk to your account making the total payment of

,55,000czk....

I will email you and let you know Once the payment has been made tomorrow and

paypal will notify you with confirmation of receipt...

Best regards

Mr David

........................................................................................

Hello i just successfully made the transfer to your PAYPAL account now

, and i am sure the PAYPAL will have sent you the confirmation receipt

of my payment to your email spam box or inbox, so the money have been

deducted from my account, and i added 8,000CZK for the shipping

company, so you are to send the 8,000CZK to the shipping company NAME

AND ADDRESS has you were instruct to do so from paypal

Name : Peter Harrison

ADDRESS:# 7 Abery Street,London,SE18 1DB,.

through western union money transfer and send the western union

details and the scanned receipt to the PAYPAL and once they receive

the western union

details, the full amount of 55,000CZK will be release to your account

immediately ....so after payment is completed i will contact the

shipping company...the money have been deducted from my account..i

want this transaction to be completed today ...

please check the your email on (there was my email) receipt in your spam

box or inbox for more information's on how to complete the

transaction..

i am happy buying from you

Regards

Mr David

.............................................................................................

Finaly he sent me this fake paypal document also with paypal pictures:

.............................................................................................

This message is originated from PayPal company.

Dear Valuable Customer (

there was my email )

You have received a total PayPal Payment of 55,000CZK from David Handy

....*We've Placed a Temporary Hold On The Funds Of This Transaction*....

As mentioned in the receipt of Payment and with the New PayPal Payment policy, we have fully debited the total amount (above) from the buyer's account which included the Transport/Delivery Charges (COURIER EXPRESS EXCHANGE).

In order to complete this transaction and get the funds approved in your account.

We advice you go to nearest Western Union Office, and send the excess sum of 8,000CZK

to the Transport Agent for Activation of the Transaction.

NOTE: NOTE:The reason why we asked you to make the payment before you receive the money in your account was just to safeguard the buyer and seller....Most seller provide fake address to the buyer after making payment to their account and this was a cases which most of our customer complained about..So we expected you to go to the nearest western union and make payment then send your receipt to our Bank email Verification.Paymentservice@consultant.com so that we can have your real address in the western union receipt and immediately we will released the money to your account... This is important as a security measure to ensure safety of this transaction.

Please, find below the name and address of the Transport Agent where the Funds would be sent via Western Union Money Transfer.

Transport Company:

Address Status:.-------------Confirmed

Name: Peter Harrison

Click Here Locate Nearest Western Union Office

Your Account will be credited accordingly upon the receipt of details requested.

(1) Sender's Name:

(2) Senders' Address:

(3) MTCN:

(4) Amount Sent:

(5) Question and Answer:

Send Western Union Information to us through this mail ( Verification.Paymentservice@consultant.com)

**PLEASE NOTE**

Once the money has been send to the shipping agent and the Western Union Information sent to us.

You will receive a " CONFIRMATION EMAIL" from PayPal informing you that the Money has been credited.

Thank you for using

Auction Payments. We look forward serving your online auction payment needs in the future..

PayPal- Ltd. is authorized and regulated by the Financial Services Authority in the United State as an electronic money institution.

.........................................................................................................

I reported this to western union and paypal, but I think they can't do anything about it. I will try police too.

Forkill 12 yrs ago
He contacted me again with new story explaining why I must send him another money, he uses email address davidhandy008(atsign)gmail.com, also sent another false paypal receipt, which you can see here:

hxxp://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/811/fraudpaypalreceipt.jpg/

...................................................................................................

Hello,

How are you?

I have successfully transfer 55,000CZK to your account and i was told

by paypal that the money will be credited to your account today but

when i contact the shipping company about the pick up,i was told that

the shipping company is on vacation yesterday but the money have been

forward to another branch of their company...

When i contact the new shipping company about the pick up of the car,i

was told that i will have to make additional payment of 7,600CZK just

because of the distance and the tax charges in your country....So i

will log in to my Paypal account now and make the payment of

additional 7600CZK to your account ,making the total amount of

62600czk that will be released to your account today...Paypal will

mail you soon and i want this transaction to be completed today..

i am so happy buying from you

David

…………………………………………………………………………...................

Hello,

I have make additional payment of 7,600CZK to your account now and i

am sure paypal most have mail you the receipt of my payment and the

step to take before the money will be released to your account

today...You are to go to a nearest western union and send the

additional payment that i transfer to your account (7600CZK) to the

new shipping company name and address

Name : John Vegas

Then come back home and send the receipt of your payment to Paypal

email address and your account will be credited immediately...Same

day...I will be waiting for email from you that the money have been

credited to your account so that the shipping company can come to your

home and pick up the car ..

David

........................................................................................................

SO BEWARE! This is not how it works. Always use original paypal services, create invoice atc. Also email addresses ending consultant.com are used by these defrauders. Always check informations and verify everything, slowly and carefully. Don't trust anyone.

Fluffy 12 yrs ago
I had the same experience when I was trying to sell my baby's buggy! I was a new mum and had a newborn at home. Its sick that you can cheat a baby! Luckily I sussed him before any money was lost! I stupidly gave him my number though and he called a lot to harrass me to go to Western Union to transfer the money. I emailed Asiaxpat as well as Paypal once I figured out it was a scam and when he called me again, I told him the police were on to him and he hung up straight away. Sicko

bayview 12 yrs ago
If its too good to be true JUST BEWARE. Its unfair to blame PAYPAL with a warning on this site saying REPORT ANY TRANSACTIONS VIA PAYPAL??? I have been approached 3 times for ads placed on the classifieds and I am a regular user of PAYPAL for transactions from the US and UK.

I advertised a bike for sale and got a prompt response from the buyer to buy it outright as the price was good and it looked nice. I was weary as no one spends 60000 HKD without seeing the thing. SO I told the prospective buyer that I would have no problems in accepting PAYPAL but the bike was located at the Ho Man Tin Police Officers flats even though I have nothing to do with the police. Never heard back. Apparantely most of these scams are originating from Malaysia . The fraudsters use WESTERN names to give the seller a false sense of security that they are dealing with an EXPAT ....Sad to read above posts that people have actually been out of pocket.

bayview 12 yrs ago
Another warning for the VICTIMS who have copied their correspondence with fraudsters in verbatim on to this post. YOU SHOULD atleast remove YOUR OWN email ID from this as it is open to further abuse / hacking , since this is an open forum and can be read by anyone anywhere. Secondly if you do have a paypal account I would recommend changing the password on it regularly and also using a service account in it which is usualy EMPTY. Even though I have a PAYPAL account my HKD account linked to it has ZERO balance and I need to wait a day to do any transactions. A few precautions can limit the damage.

kinglam 12 yrs ago
Another one. Username is "jeffwynn". Same old story about buying a bus in HK!

Beware!

yusuff 12 yrs ago
same guy "jeffwaynn"!!! wanted to buy my OSIM chair... he told me the same BUS story.. asking me to open paypal acc. when i refused, he said bank transfer.i refused too. at last i said CASH, and he disappeared!!

TIPS to Take Note!!

1. Agreeing on the stated price without bargaining

2. Rarely use Asia.xpat acc, so gives an email ID.

3. Can't pick up himself, using mover services.

4. Bolded messages, asking for paypal details.

BEWARE PPL!!

kaka1 12 yrs ago
I had a fraudulent guy using the username

curtis18

Same story can't pick up, movers will take care and can he pay via paypal

After sending him a paypal invoice, he then demanded me to wire money through a guy's name (without a company name) who's apparently his movers based in the UK.

I then became suspicious and reported him to paypal

Beware!

kaka1 12 yrs ago
Now i have FBI on my back!

Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 21:14:34 +0100

Subject: LEGAL ACTION **** AWAITING THE WESTERN UNION CONFIRMATION ****FBI

To:

Attn:

It is important we know the status of the transaction between you and "Curtis Graham" otherwise "Legal Action" may be taken against you since you have not replied to the confirmation of payment made to your PayPal account by ( Curtis Graham ).

We believed you entered into agreement by requesting money through PayPal and by non response to the payment confirmation made to your account you have violate site and PayPal agreement. However the buyer has already contacted us in other to make report about your non response. We are ensuring to make PayPal a safer place, therefore we need to set confidence on our users. We request for the Scanned Receipt and the Western Union of the paints in less than 24hours hours and we will fund the money into your account or face the consequences of "Legal Action".This is done in other to protect both the seller and buyer.

We use proprietary technology and constantly innovate to help ensure your transactions are safe. In addition, PayPal has over 20,000 staffs worldwide dedicated to keeping PayPal accounts safe, and stopping online criminals. And we work with Internet Service Providers (ISPs) worldwide to shut off fraudulent websites as soon as possible.

PayPal's Fraud Investigation Team is highly experienced in fraud prevention. Several members of the team were former law enforcement officials with extensive experience in fighting online fraud. Pay Pal's fraud investigation team focuses on: Identifying and preventing fraud before it occurs,Detecting fraud in process Mitigating loss, if fraud does occur, Delivering information to law enforcement around the world to help stop those committing online fraud.

We have your information that we will use to track.

Pay Pal Email ID:PP309

Copyright © 1999-2012 PayPal. All rights reserved.

PayPal (United States) Ltd. is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority in the United States as an electronic money institution.

honeypie 12 yrs ago
Hi Ed,

Here is what i got from my advert, same person as above:

Sent: February 5/12 6:19PM

I an interested in your sale.

Reply me to: Linseynorman@gmail.com

Thanks

I communicated through email, same story, out of town, lives in Malaysia, will send payment thru bank, then next email, asking me to open paypal account, good i saw your warning. Thanks.

mhjennifer 12 yrs ago
I got the same experience.

re:Muji acrylic coffee table

Sent: February 15/12 10:2AM

Reply me to: Wonghoyin519@gmail.com

We communicate by email and he keep asking to open an paypal account and said it's easy. He bought a bus for his farm by paypal as well and bababa....

Please blacklist this user WONGHOYIN.

whynot21 12 yrs ago
I have received the similar email scam from Karma last night, karmajiheed@yahoo.in, +1 772 242 6379. He wanted to buy our car from overseas. Please watch out.

jylm 12 yrs ago
I have already reported this scammer to AsiaXpat and he is now banned but thought I should still post it here incase you have started communication with him before he got banned. Beware username willyliu with the email address willyliu02@gmail.com

unclefrank 12 yrs ago
"He bought a bus for his farm by paypal as well and bababa...."

Hehe, I just got the 'bus for my farm' thing a couple of days ago too.

He goes by the name of WillyLiu now, though I expect this will have changed already.

elenachu 12 yrs ago
Just got the response from the email address willyliu02gmail.com and have the same old message. I didn't really understand what he was saying "the last time I but a bus....."

until I read this warning forum that he meant he bought a bus.

This time he first asked for my location to check with the shipping agent then only asked for bank info as below:

I will pay through bank transfer . The last time i but a bus which i use in my farm, i paid through bank..

Bank name

Name on account

Account number.

Oledi 12 yrs ago
Heres another recent scam reported to asiaxpat.

Be warn and be vigilant...

This is what the scammer wrote:

re:Folding Table

Sent: March 6/12 10:51PM

Hello,

i got your posting now and very much interested in it, is it still up for sale? get back to me with the last price and condition of it. Reply to my personnal email please at garryout@gmail.com .. hope to hear from you ASAP..

Thanks

elenachu 12 yrs ago
Rather to the above below I received an email I received from a bank negara Malaysia. My stuff was asking for $600, but it said $2600 was transferred thru paypal and put on hold until I transfer back $200 excess thru western union:

The Online Transfer Order From Has Been Approved Transfer Number: ***3KL681507K583102L***

Dear

You have received a total PayPal Payment of $2,600.00HKD from Willy Liu.

....*We've Placed a Temporary Hold On The Funds Of This Transaction*....

As mentioned in the receipt of Payment and with the BANK NEGARA Payment policy. We have fully debited the total amount (above) from the buyer's account which included the Transport/Delivery Charges (United Freight Logistics).

In order to complete this transaction and get the funds approved in your account. We advice you go to nearest Western Union Office, and send the excess sum of $2000.00HKD to the Transport Agent for Activation of the Transaction.

NOTE: This is important as a security measure to ensure safety of this transaction.

Please, find below the name and address of the Transport Agent where the Funds would be sent via Western Union Money Transfer.

Transport Shipping Company: (---------COURIER EXCHANGE-------)

Name: Taylor Brown Address: Taman Fadason Jinjang Kepong State: Kuala Lumpur City: Selangor Zipcode: 52100 Country: Malaysia

Click Here Locate Nearest Western Union Office

Your Account will be credited accordingly upon the receipt of details requested.

(1) Sender's Name:

(2) Senders' Address:

(3) MTCN:

(4) Amount Sent:

(5) Question and Answer:

Send Western Union Information to us through this mail (Notification. verification@consultant.com).

**PLEASE NOTE** Once the money has been send to the shipping agent and the Western Union Information sent to us.

You will receive a " CONFIRMATION EMAIL" from BANK NEGARA informing you that the Money has been credited to your account immediately.

Bank Of Negara Online Money Transfer Is Safe Economical Alternative To Sending Cash Through The Email.

Feel Free to contact us anytime if you have any question or comment about this transaction, all questions/correspondences should be forwarded to us at this email address: Notification.verification@ consultant.com.

Copyright 1999-2012. All rights reserved.

Thank you for using Bank Of Negara Online Transfer. BANK OF NEGARA®- Ltd. Is Authorized And Regulated By The Financial Services Authority As An Electronic Money Institution.

elenachu 12 yrs ago
And then he reply again after I said never agreed to deal with the shipping agent, and asked him to check with his bank since the email said the fund was on hold:

Hello, the funds of 2,600hkd has been deducted from my account and even the charges on the transfer has been deducted from my account. And you will receive full 2,600hkd deposited to your account. You have to pay the 2000hkd, cos the bank confirm the transaction secures for the buyer and seller when doing transaction ..

The shippers fee receipt has to be confirmed on your name to be attached on the transaction record to be completed... The receipt of the payment must be sent in your name to be confirmed.

You have been protected already and funds deducted from my account and now pending from bank negara.. Bank negara has there name to protect and they secure online transaction secure.. Once you confirm the shipper fee on the transaction completed by western union they will confirm and activate your funds credited and once this has been credited and you have your money, then the shipper will come for pick-up and then the transaction can be completed safe and bank can keep good record... Thanks proceed to complete this, cos this is needed soonest for use and i wont like delay ok... You are directed to send details of western union to bank negara and not me , so once they confirm they will release your funds and then shipper can come pick-up with no delay..

elenachu 12 yrs ago
When I said I checked with the shipping agent, see how he replied:

From: Willy Liu ; To:com>; Subject: Re: Kids wardrobe $600 Sent: Thu, Mar 8, 2012 3:22:19 AM

Yes they cant have record for such pick-up cos there is no record yet for it on there system cos no payment has been made confirmed regarding the pick-up.. Once payment made and they confirm instant schedule will be made for the pick-up at your home as soon as possible..

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 7:20 PM, Elena wrote:

I have just contacted globe express and they did not have a record of such pickup order nor they accept payment through western union. What's going on?

midorosan 12 yrs ago
I have a question What do PayPal say about all of this, they are a very good organization and when selling stuff on ebay I use them exclusively. They constantly remind account holders to be careful and seem to have very good security, I have never had a problem.

Any comments welcomed.

elenachu 12 yrs ago
From my case, they only made up an email saying that they have made the bank money transfer through paypal so basically seller doesn't have to deal with PayPal. The most important thing is seller never make any payment because the buyer said they transfer more money than the price of your unit. Never

Office trade 12 yrs ago
This willy Liu is a scam and sending mail to all please take notice and report him

check the mail he sent it's all the same

Reply me to: willyliu02@gmail.com

Thanks

rachelvenn 12 yrs ago
I DID actually get scammed by Willy Liu (willyliu02@gmail.com). I did send the $ via WU and now he's sending more emails requesting more money and saying if I don't send he'll report me to Fraud office. Have passed file onto Police and AsiaXpat.

I feel such a fool.

smcgoo 12 yrs ago
Yep just got an attempt by Willy to scam me, way too cryptic emails, told him to go XYZ himself.

smcgoo 12 yrs ago

re:

Sent: March 30/12 1:10PM

Thanks

ylerenard 12 yrs ago
Apparently, Willy is still scamming around, got a message from him 3 days ago and now is asking my bank details to transfer the $$....

ji_hongkong 12 yrs ago
Willy Liu scammed me as well.. got me to pay him 2000 HKD.

Katoom 12 yrs ago
Same same for me and Charlie boy;

Sent: April 11/12 4:43PM

Hi there, i will like to know if your car is still for sale, please get back to me on my-family91@hotmail.com, for fast trade. thank you.

Then followed on e-mail by reply from the above address;

Charles Johnson

16:50 (5 hours ago)

to me

Hi there, thanks for the mail, and am happy you get back to me in time.Please i will like to know if we can make this transaction an online transaction. I will not be able to view the car because of the nature of my job.Am with the US Army, you know the ethics of our job i cant disclose my location for you. So please i will make arrangement for shipping myself.So get back to me asap so we can move on and am so sorry that i cant call you.But i will appreciate if we can chat on msn. so that we can have a smooth transaction. waiting to hear from you soon.

And then morphed into the following for gmail chat;

charels Hyanes charleshyanes@gmail.com

hildahilda 12 yrs ago
Let everyone know I am also in the same boat with this willy liu....

man why is this guy still scamming around? :( my sister is smart enough to notice something is wrong with his name not matching with the shipping and RED FLAG with western union payment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

re:The First Year Via Car Seat

Sent: April 11/12 11:58AM

(me) wow, they are using gmail now? can we trace them?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Me) My last email from this willy liu:

I will wait the read from you cos i have already complete the transfer since and you have failed to respond...

I will give you some few hours more and if i dont hear from you i will report you and legal action will be taking against you..

I wait to hear from you as soon as possible..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have just login to my paypal, and payment has been already completed the payment and has been transferred completed now for the seat.

The payment receipt confirmation of deduction of the funds has been sent to my email from paypal.

Please check now your email address above and check the Inbox and your junk folder and tell me if confirmation receipt from paypal have been sent to you so that i can confirm this has been confirmed for the transaction completed..

And read direction on receipt from paypal for the procedure on deposit ..

Here is the shippers details below..

Name: Taylor Brown

Address: Taman Fadason Jinjang Kepong

Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What kind of world is this????

elenachu 12 yrs ago
Just reading the email contents and should laugh about the terrible grammar written and claimed himself a member of US army

george8 12 yrs ago
Beware and take notice about this account and email...

-----

re:

Sent: July 21/12 11:19AM

Hi,

is this product is still available for sale?

please kindly send me the details about the condition of the product (holtsrich021@gmail.com)

B.Regards,

sonisha 12 yrs ago
Beware of the Sphynx kittens advertisement. I've been cheated out of $2700!! THere are no kittens, they wnt to transfer 10k using a moneygram account. SHIT!! so PISSED OFF!

Twinsbb 12 yrs ago
This jerk wanna cheat my money. He sent me two email from

Bank Negara Malaysia that Mr. Jerk sent me money with $2000 shipping fee. He said he is a constructor that no time to come view it. Watch OUT!!

The full whole amount has been deducted from my account pending from the bank, and i am sure that you got that confirmed on the confirmation email from bank.

You must importantly complete the western union payment transferred in order to make this transaction.

It is easy to find a western union location at your post office near you..

Once you just get there you give them the information below for the receiver of the money that you are sending the $2000hkd...

Here is the shippers details below that you will write down at western union to send the money .

Name: James Adeben

Once you have send the money then you will write back the details below for me to farward to the bank for confirmation of the shippers fee paid by you..

Mtcn Control Number:

Sender"s Name

Sender" Address

Amount sent:

Question And Answer:

Thanks

I wait your soonest reply

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 1:34 AM, sssss wrote:

Can you pls stop the transation. Just bank in the money with Hang Seng Bank 24 hours services centre. Then I will let your shippping company to take the playhouse. In fact, you haven't told me your payment method in the first place. Otherwise, I will not do businese with you. Coz i am no intented to pay any extra dollar on behalf of you, even I can get it back later. Since I dont know you. And it is diffcult to get back my playhouse and shipping charges if anything fraud.

Regards,

ssss

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 00:26:17 -0700

Subject: Re:

To: xxx@hotmail.com

The full amount has been deducted from my account and pending with bank.

If you read the confirmation email from them you will understand on this..

The money is deducted and pending now with bank, they need to confirm the shipers fee paid confirmed , cos they secure the buyer and seller from online payment...

You have been protected already and the money has been deducted you are to pay complete the shippers fee from you and once you have paid it then you send the details of the payment to bank by email to them to the customer care email assign for the transaction by them and once this has been confirmed immediately by them, then the funds will be activated by them to you today..

You are to proceed to the western union to complete the payment for the...

Read on the confirmation email from bank regarding the shippers fee on how to use complete the transaction.

On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 10:38 PM, xxxx wrote:

your bank says that the payment will be pending until i send you the receipt of the shipping agent. If I haven't received my money, I won't let go my playhouse to your agent. Also I won't pay the shipping charges for you too.

Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 22:22:40 -0700

Subject: Re:

To: xxxxx@hotmail.com

I have just complete the payment now through my account and i have added extra charges of 2000 for the shipment fee for my shipping agent and i believe that my bank will have send you the confirmation for my payment receipt confirmed with them to your paypal email address Inbox or junk, i will want want you to make sure you send the shipping agent the money for the pick of the item, so that they can schedule a time and come for the pick-up, cos that was how the last seller that i bought from as well was picked up by my shipping agent and was well safe.

Here is the shipping agent information for the money to be send through Western union..

Name: James Adeben

Let me know once you have receive the confirmation from my bank for the payment confirmed and you can read the confirmation from my bank for the direction on how this to complete

RE: Step 2 Neat and tidy cottage

Sent: July 22/12 2:19AM

Reply me to: jeffwayn117@gmail.com

Thanks

Ad Details

------------

Step 2 Neat and tidy cottage

Year-round playhouse with molded-in floor keeps kids out of the dirt, and dirt out of your house. Made in USA of US and imported parts. Phone, doorbell and faucet made in China.

•Product features a molded-in floor which is a Mom favorite!

•Open design provides easy view of children at play

•Working doorbell, pass-through mailbox, and play phone (phone design may vary)

•Molded-in kitchen table, faucet, burner and two seats

•Working Dutch door and shutters

•Playhouse interior 45" (1.14 m) tall

•Durable, poly construction

•Requires 2 "AAA" batteries (not included)

•Adult assembly required

•Accessories not included

Condition: like new

Was: $2499

Now: 1500

Please leave message if interesting my playhouse. thx

maridel15 12 yrs ago
Here's another:

re:Ikea Sniglar crib and Noga crib storage box

Sent: July 22/12 2:22AM

Reply me to: jeffwayn117@gmail.com

Thanks

Ad Details

------------

Ikea Sniglar crib and Noga crib storage box

Gently used Ikea Sniglar crib - $250

Noga crib storage box - $150

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 12:59 AM, wrote:

Hi,

Crib is $250 and under crib storage box is $150. If you would like to pick up today or tomorrow it would have to be after 8pm since that's the time I'll be home. If Thursday or Friday then I'm available the whole day.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 24, 2012, at 3:08 PM, Jeff Wayn wrote:

> Sound good hearing back from you here, so we can complete the sale today asap..

> I am happy with the condition and i am ready to buy this.

> I cant access my asia-xpat account on my office computer, so please Tell me the price agreed on for the sale on asia-xpat and i can be sure on price to be sealed and proceed to complete the deal today

> Thanks

> Soonest reply needed.

--- On Wed, 7/25/12, Jeff Wayn wrote:

Subject: Re: Ikea crib and storage ad from asiaexpat

To:

Received: Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 1:29 PM

Sounds good and price is agreed for $400

The last time i but a Lcd, i paid through paypal and was good...

Thank

John Breen 12 yrs ago
I just got this message in response to an ad. I told him to call me by phone.

I will keep you informed of any developments

re:VW Golf 1999

Sent: August 16/12 3:44AM

I am interested in buying your VW Golf 1999, what is the final asking price and the present condition of it? let me know if you have more pics of it, i will like to pay using PayPal and after payments has been made i will arrange for pick up of it, Email -hunt_lowry@yahoo.com

Regards.

Hunt Lowry.

rescuerhelper 12 yrs ago
I'm from the US and will be moving back to HK soon... I'm used to paypal when selling stuffs and when I provide services. And just found out it's not welcome on this site... so my question is... what should I do when I need to get a deposit from the customers??

Ed 11 yrs ago
I suggest you transact via a HK bank account...

Ed 11 yrs ago
Please email us with this info rather than posting here - our staff will handle more quickly

george8 11 yrs ago
PLS AWARE:

re:

Sent: February 25/13 11:58AM

am willing to buy from you, your item is perfect kindly mail back smorgan283@live.com

davidblumsom 11 yrs ago
I am David Blumsom and have had an attempt by dotwu with email ch310310ris@gmail.com relating to my BMW X5. Luckily I didn't fall for it. They even threatened me with legal action if I didn't. What a cheek

pearlywhirlie 11 yrs ago
I got the same message from this Chris Wu from Australia!

Why can't Asiaxpat juz ban this prick?

His name has been appearing on this page since 2+ years ago and he's still sending fraudulent message to other users to-date!!

re:PING i5 Men's Golf Clubs (Iron)

Sent: March 13/13 5:46AM

Reply me to: ch310310ris@gmail.com

alextn99 11 yrs ago
fyi looks like this person is scamming again using this email: smorgan283@live.com, username is yoo

greena 11 yrs ago
Another scammer...

----------------

Sent: May 12/13 1:28AM

I'm willing to buy your goods posted and am okay with the price,you can reply me with........henry.maine@yahoo.com

jj120562 11 yrs ago
Yes, I was a victim of that person(henry maine) too! If he wants to buy my item, why wasting my time contact him thru his email add? It's good my intuition is very strong so I didn't fall on them, so guys, think the best is ignore such buyer....we're not stupid, right?

george8 11 yrs ago
Be aware of this "fattymid" scammer

------------------------

re:

Sent: July 12/13 1:27PM

Thank you so much for the reply, I have few questions to ask.

What is the condition of the items

What is the last price for it

Would you be able to ship abroad if I pay for shipping

How would you like me to make the payment for it.

I wish to read from you asap.

Fatima.

Ed 11 yrs ago
I've incinerated that UN

Ttwl 11 yrs ago
On 16 Mar, 2013, at 6:23 AM, Rose Keeler wrote:

I have just complete the payment now through my account and i have added extra charges of $3,000HKD for the shipment fee for my shipping agent and i believe that the Paypal will have send you the confirmation for my payment receipt confirmed with them to your PayPal email address ( xxxxwan@gmail.com), i will want want you to make sure you send the shipping agent the money for the pick of the furniture, so that they can schedule a time and come for the pick-up, cos that was how the last seller that i bought from as well was picked up by my shipping agent and was well safe.

Here is the shipping agent information for the money to be send through Western union..

Name:Nathan Leaman

Address;4154 East Harrisburg

City:Middle Town

State: Pa

Zip Code:17057

I wait to hear from you soonest ok....

Ttwl 11 yrs ago
On 14 Mar, 2013, at 2:28 PM, Rose Keeler wrote:

>

>

> Okay i agree with the price i will pay u cos i know it worth more than it, am on contract work in USA at the moment so The shipping agent will do the pick up of it and all papers work and collection at your location....

>

> I will be paying through PayPal is fast and secure as well, i paid last seller on here transferred to his PayPal last time i bought a bike and was well good transaction..... You will have full payment with no any charges on payment....

> Thanks

> If you don't have an account with PayPal.... you can Sign-up for one nowthroughWww.paypal.com, is well safe and secure and as soon as you have done that get back to me with your PayPal-email, so that i can login soonest to my PayPal to complete the payment OK..

> I wait your soonest reply..Thanks

Ttwl 11 yrs ago

Date: 17 March 2013 1:37:39 PM GMT+08:00

Subject: Re: Sofa wanted?

Reply-To: Rose Keeler

Thanks for your Reply the payment as been made so the full funds its hold with PayPal so you have to send the shipper funds via western union from Your pocket and email the details to PayPal customer care so they can verify and release the full funds including the western union charges so try and make it done soon.Rose

------------------------------------

I did not pay!!!!!

NO ONE "SELLING" SHOULD EVER NEED TO PAY!

"PAYING" IS BUYER'S RESPONSIBILITY! Simple as that!!

Ringo T 11 yrs ago
Another scammer! '

(his name + his email in many scam alert list, seller be careful!

http://horseyard.com.au/faqs/152399-scam-alert-updated-171212 )

re:Aspinal of London

Sent: September 10/13 8:24PM

Reply me to: Minorjames34@Gmail.com

petost 11 yrs ago

brian Liwoods

16:00 (1 hour ago)

to me

thanks am checking my Account i guess we can do this deal just to let you know that am okay with the condition. I will be responsible for the pick-up by my shipping agent at your location, and collection so that will not be a problem for you...Get back to me and let me know if you are ok so that i can proceed...let me have your PayPal email so that i can login into my PayPal account and i can complete payment....

Thanks

greena 11 yrs ago
Cheater come again, beware as follow:

re:

Sent: September 18/13 8:7PM

HELLO SELLER

I WILL LIKE TO KNOW IF YOU STILL HAVE THIS ITEM FOR SALE THERE?IF SO I WILL LIKE YOU REPLY ME BACK NOW to jonnyjames699@yahoo.com

tanyac 11 yrs ago
I have received the same message as another Asia expat user:

Reply me to: Minorjames34@Gmail.com

It seemed he hacked into my Apple Account though my email address and set up Icloud on a Ipad2. I alerted Apple and it seems that the person cannot acces my Apple account though my email address without my passwork however I am now concerned what else this person will do with my email address. Therefore be aware of this person contacting you through classifieds if you are trying to sell something.

hgrabner 11 yrs ago
James Minor at it again!!!!!! Beware

I will pay through Bank Transfer, Then All i will need is your ....

Bank Name:

Name On Account:.

Account Number:....

Thanks

I wait your Response As which preferred way you want either Paypal or Bank Transfer and i can proceed to make the Transfer

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 8:48 AM, me.com> wrote:

I rather we meet

Sent from my iPhone

On 26 Sep, 2013, at 23:44, james minor wrote:

Good News. ...

The shipper confirmed they can pick-up at your address and i am glad to tell you i am ready to complete the payment transferred today..

I will pay through PayPal to you.., so i will need your Paypal-email in order to transfer the payment to you.

I wait your soonest reply cos i am really willing to buy and i can login complete the transfer today..

I will go load my account now and once i hear from you with the PayPal-email,

If you dont have an account with paypal, Get one now free with PayPal if you don't have one through WWW.PayPal.com. It is free and takes just under 5-minutes to Sign-up.

Thanks

I wait your Response with your Paypal and i can proceed to make the Transfer..

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 8:42 AM,

Clear water bay

Sent from my iPhone

On 26 Sep, 2013, at 23:33, james minor wrote:

Sounds good and price is agreed $2200k for it and i will be responsible for the pick-up.

I will be responsible for the pick-up by shipping agent and collection after payment so that wont be a problem for you.

I will want you get back to me with your home address where the item can be picked up so that the i can confirm with the shipper if the address is on there map pick-up area , Once the shipper confirm this then i can arrange for the payment with no delay..

So get back to me as soon as possible with your Home address so that i can confirm now with the shipper if they can pick-up at your address, once they confirm that they can pick-up at your address, then i can make payment can arrangement as soon as possible today ok..

Thanks

I wait your reply with your address to confirm pick-up..

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 8:21 AM,

Hi James,

The price listed on Asia expat is 2,200. I am in china till tomorrow night.

Sent from my iPhone

On 26 Sep, 2013, at 23:05, james minor wrote:

Sound good hearing back from you here, We can complete the sale today quickly.

I am happy with the condition and i am ready to buy this.

I cant access my asia-xpat account on my office computer, so please Tell me the price agreed on for the sale on asia-xpat and i can be sure on price to be sealed and proceed to complete the deal today

Thanks

Soonest reply needed.

ashmorel 11 yrs ago
I've had a lot of these fraudsters contacted me lately too. One is 'juliet bouchard' using a user name of "anu01" and now I have one with the user name of "nard" and an email address of "amiloenard@gmail.com".

Maybe if there was a verification SMS that could only go to a HK number each time someone registered on Asia Xpat then it would help stop these scum.

jykai 10 yrs ago
If you received this kind of email message, this is scammer

re:

Sent: December 11/13 8:3PM

hello seller

i will like you to get back to me now if you still have this for sale,reply me back to jonnyjames699@yahoo.com ..do not reply me back here but to my yahoo id .

urgent plz

esp08 10 yrs ago
Beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent: December 14/13 1:1AM

hello seller

i will like you to get back to me now if you still have this for sale,...reply me back to jonnyjames699@yahoo.com ..do not reply me back here but to my yahoo id .

urgent plz

johnmho 10 yrs ago
I almost got scammed! Thanks to you guys!

Watch out !!!

Dear XXX

This email confirms that you have been paid the total sum of HK2,560 including the shipping charges by your buyer ( MR Jonny James ) using Royal Bank Plc and be informed that the amount has been deducted from your buyer's current account and ready to be credited into your account Thanks!

***IMPORTANT NOTICE*** This payment is for the purchased of Galaxy Note The transfer has been processed and approved and the funds has been debited from the buyer's account, but it shall not be credited to your account until you SHIP the product and send the shipping tracking number to us at this Customer Care: (alertroyalcustomercare@gmail.com.) so that we can be sure that the transaction will be safe, This is a security measure from our Bank to protect both the buyer and seller from fraud and not to allow account been compromised, the system is being used in compliance with the Consumer Protection Program (CPP) If you have questions, do not hesitate to contact us for assistance alertroyalcustomercare@gmail.com.. Thanks for your patronage.

ENTIRE ROYAL BANK WISHING YOU GOOD LUCK

Receipt Number: 5342-0932-7838-2354

patrickto 10 yrs ago
Wayne Purvis

1:05 AM (9 hours ago)

to me

I have completed the payment through my Commonwealth-Bank and i have added extra charges for the shippers fee for the shipping agent for the pick-up and i believe that the Commonwealth-Bank will have send you the confirmation for my payment receipt confirmed with them to your email.

I will want you to make sure you send the shipping agent the money for the pick of the Item, so that they can schedule a time and come for the pick-up, cos that was how the last seller that i bought from as well was picked up by my shipping agent and was well safe.

NAME: BILL SPENCER.

ADDRESS: 1394, Jalan Padang Lallang.

CITY: KUALA LUMPUR

ZIPCIDE: 56000

I wait to hear from you soonest OK...

Slammy 10 yrs ago
Seems like harry123 now has a new profile of "lisatate"

re:Amplifier

Sent: December 23/13 1:0PM

hello seller

i will like you to get back to me now if you still have this for sale,urgently...reply me back through your private email if you are a serious seller,at .

jonnyjames699@yahoo.com ..do not reply me back here

if you are a serious seller .urgent plz

george8 10 yrs ago
Another Scammer...watch out!!

Sent: January 4/14 10:46PM

Hello, my name is Anna, I'm from Florida, USA. I will like to admit that I'm very interested in your item and I will like to buy it for my boyfriend in Africa. Pls do get back to me with the total cost including shipping fee to Nigeria. My email is annamumeenat@yahoo.com. Thanks

hk0623 10 yrs ago
Same guy it seems....instant messaging now

jonnyjames699 Offline

Show Recent Conversations

Your ongoing conversation with jonnyjames699...

jonnyjames699:‎ hi

jonnyjames699:‎ i will like to buy ur item today

jonnyjames699:‎

jonnyjames699 would like to add you to his or her Yahoo Messenger List.

AcceptDeclineDecline and Block

brice75 10 yrs ago
MY STORY BELOW.

Victim of an internet SCAM:2000HK$

Story:

I put an ad on ASIAEXPAT website to sale strollers.

Got in contact with a guy name Wayne back on February 17

After we agreed on price, the guy explained me he will use a shipping agent to bring the stroller back to Malaysia.

He asked me for my bank account info.

After i sent him the bank account info, I received a message from the CommonWealth_Bank® informing me that payment was in process but to get the money first I had to pay the shipping agent as a security by Western Union Store. After i did so, i received another message telling me that the minimum transfer fee is 10000HK$ (original was 6170HK$ including the 2000 for the shipping agent) so they asked this Wayne to increase is transfer to arrive at these 10 000HK$ and that now i needed to pay back first the difference = 3830HK$

I refused and told them once I have the 10 000HK in my account I will pay back and since then this Wayne disappear.

So I have been scam of 2000HK$

I have all the emails of the bank and this guy Wayne on hand.

let me know if you need anything to follow up if anything can be done

i do not expect to get back my 2000 but if it can help to avoid somebody else to get scam as I did good.

Regards

Brice

zandu 10 yrs ago

This guy has been sending me messages on Asiax for several ads I've put up here. Apparently he/she operates from several AsiaX ids.

----

re:HTC Desire V Dual SIM - Android 4.0 - $800

Sent: February 20/14 1:26PM

hello seller

I will like you to get back to me now if you still have this for sale urgently.

..reply me back to my private email at .

(sango.olopa at y a h o o .c o m) ..do not reply me back here

if you are a serious seller . am willing to purchase it today urgent plz

lemonblue 10 yrs ago
I got the same message today:

HELLO SELLER

AM SORRY FOR THE LATER REPLY ,I WANT YOU TO KNOW AM BUYING THIS AS GIFT FOR A CLIENT OF MINE IN WEST AFRICA NIGERIA

I AM CURRENTLY IN USA BUT I WILL LIKE YOU TO KNOW AM BUYING THIS URGENTLY AND I WILL LIKE YOU TO GET BACK TO ME NOW WITH THE CONDITION OF THE ITEM,THE TOTAL COST YOU WISH TO SELL INCLUDING THE SHIPPING COST,

DUE TO THE URGENCY I WILL LIKE YOU TO SEND THE ITEM THROUGH DHL OR FEDEX.

GET BACK TO ME NOW ITS URGENT

Sent: February 28/14 1:13PM

hello seller

(jonnyjames699@yahoo.com) ..do not reply me back here

if you are a serious seller . am willing to purchase it today

gotson 10 yrs ago
Got the same today:

Sent: March 2/14 3:7PM

hello seller

And then his email:

HELLO SELLER

HOW MANY OF IT DO YOU HAVE ? ,I WANT YOU TO KNOW AM BUYING THIS FOR A CLIENT OF MINE IN WEST AFRICA NIGERIA

I AM CURRENTLY IN USA BUT I WILL LIKE YOU TO KNOW AM BUYING THIS URGENTLY AND I WILL LIKE YOU TO GET BACK TO ME NOW WITH THE CONDITION OF THE ITEM,THE TOTAL COST YOU WISH TO SELL INCLUDING THE SHIPPING COST,

DUE TO THE URGENCY I WILL LIKE YOU TO SEND THE ITEM THROUGH DHL OR FEDEX.

GET BACK TO ME NOW ITS URGENT.

I told him i would only sell face to face, and got this answer back:

"thanks for the reply but i want you to know i will offer you good price for it all and i will be responsible for the shipping cost and all other charges as well"

siehtimo 10 yrs ago
Just received the below today - twice!

re:Gap men's tailored khakis (slim fit) - 29/32

Sent: March 7/14 11:52AM

hello seller

gothic 10 yrs ago
Watch out this big scammer: sango111

re:iPhone 5

Sent: March 30/14

hello seller

Am highly intrested in this item.i will like you to reply me back to my private email at jonnyjames699@yahoo.com. Am willing to buy this asap

weddingkk 10 yrs ago
>>> --------------Watch out this big scammer: sango111 ---------<<<<<

re:Nikon 70-200mm F2.8G VR II LB6

Sent: April 1/14 5:18AM

hello seller

Am highly intrested in this item.i will like you to reply me back to my private email at jonnyjames699@yahoo.com. Am willing to buy this asap

Ad Details

------------

Nikon 70-200mm F2.8G VR II LB6

Nikon 70-200mm F2.8G VR II LB6 with 77mm filter

Edmon 10 yrs ago
I agree with the above posted by weddingkk.

The seller wants me to ship to Nigeria but he lives in the US. RED FLAG. Email of buyer posted below. Same as above.

jonnyjames699@yahoo.com

gothic 10 yrs ago
Big scammer..........fandel

------------------

Sent: April 8/14 9:7AM

Hello! I'm interested in the Apple iPhone 5 ~ White ~ 16GB you have listed on asiaxpat.com Is this item still available for sale? , Fast trade and cash payment today reply me to my mailbox at email me direct to Oluwawayes@hotmail.com Or add me on yahoo french.christine@rocketmail.com

perry 10 yrs ago
Another scammer !!

-------------

Sent: April 9/14 3:22PM

How much is the last price ? , Fast trade and cash payment today reply me to my mailbox at feliciajohnson608@yahooocom or add me on yahoo messenger feliciajohnson608@

ben08 10 yrs ago
SCAMMER ********** Christinetradeitems ***************

---------------------

Sent: April 10/14

Hello! I'm interested in the iPhone 4 you have listed on asiaxpat.com Is this item still available for sale? , Fast trade and cash payment today reply me to my mailbox at email me direct to Oluwawayes@hotmail.com

perry 10 yrs ago
Scammer.............Trustfulwoman

Sent: April 12/14 11:29AM

Hey seller is this item still available for sale, Fast trade and cash payment today reply me to my mailbox oluwawayes@hotmail.com

Gemini61292 10 yrs ago
I got a message in regards about buying my shoes. Her interest excited me and I replied to her mail. However, the fact that she asks for my bank details and that she is from another country tells me something didn't seem right. Therefore, I googled the email and it led me to this post. Thank you very much for the warnings. Below is how she contacted me and I can see the pattern from other messages.

re:Charles

Sent: April 11/14 11:16AM

Hello! I'm interested in the Charles you have listed on asiaxpat.com Is this item still available for sale? , Fast trade and cash payment today reply me to my mailbox at email me direct to Oluwawayes@hotmail.com

Peds 10 yrs ago
That oluwawayes@hotmail.com goes by the username sophiangoc.nguyen as well,

Messages me both with that name and christine trade items.

What a dumba$$ scammer.

Peds 10 yrs ago
Apparently the buyer seems to be from everywhere in the world but all items are being shipped to Nigeria.

cindybdm 10 yrs ago

Dear all

I have received a few of these emails and this is the latest

here is another scammer with his contact email below using ruthwu

and same approach mail to everyone

take note and please banned his mail and account

re:Decorative buddha

Sent: April 23/14 11:14PM

Reply me to: Wpurvis690@gmail.com

Thanks

Ad Details

------------

Decorative buddha

Hi

we are letting go a decorative buddha siiting on a mountain in sunset

we have kept for over 12 years bought for

DanUK 10 yrs ago
The same guy above is trying to scam me also...AsiaXpat account is "ruthwu" email is "wpurvis690@gmail.com"

On 24 Apr 2014, at 08:24, Wayne wrote:

I cant access my asia-xpat account on my office computer, so please Tell me the price agreed on for the sale on asia-xpat and i can be sure on price to be sealed and proceed to complete the deal today

Thanks

Soonest reply needed.

Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2014 3:26 PM

Sounds good and price is agreed $750 for the sale and i will be responsible for the pick-up.

I will be responsible for the pick-up by shipping agent and collection after payment so that wont be a problem for you.

I will want you get back to me with your home address where It can be picked up so that the i can confirm with the shipper if the address is on there map pick-up area , Once the shipper confirm this then i can arrange for the payment with no delay..

So get back to me as soon as possible with your Home address so that i can confirm now with the shipper if they can pick-up at your address, once they confirm that they can pick-up at your address, then i can make next process on payment arrangement as soon as possible today ok..

Thanks

expat_india 10 yrs ago
I have sort of similar experience, although not sure so far if it's a scam as well. However the moment I share my bank account details, the guy never responds back.

here is my conversation with him:

re:Moving Sale: Bed with mattress

Sent: April 23/14 8:1PM

Thanks

Ad Details

------------

Moving Sale: Bed with mattress

Hello,

I am moving out of Hong Kong. Need to clear my house hold stuff.

DSC Bed(with storage) and Mattress Original Price(3 Year Old but in good shape, Iron base): 2078HKD(48"X72") Selling Price 700 HKD

Please arrange pickup if interested.

Thanks

Nitin

#####EMAIL Exchange :

Tell me the price agreed on for the sale on asia-xpat and i can be sure on price to be sealed and proceed to complete the deal today

On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 1:51 AM, Nitin wrote:

Sure deal done!!

On 24 Apr, 2014, at 8:23, Wayne wrote:

Thanks

Soonest reply needed.

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 3:20 PM, Nitin Goswami wrote:

Hello Dear,

Thanks for showing interest. When do you want it? I am leaving on 30th May. Can you wait for some more time? In the mean time you may like to visit and check out the bed?

Let me know.

Thanks

Nitin

Nitin

10:25 AM (12 hours ago)

to Wayne

Hi

Price agreed was 700HKD.

Thanks

Nitin

Wayne

3:23 PM (7 hours ago)

to me

Sounds good and price is agreed $700 for the sale and i will be responsible for the pick-up.

I will want you get back to me with your home address where It can be picked up so that the i can confirm with the shipper if the address is on there map pick-up area , Once the shipper confirm this then i can arrange for the payment with no delay..

So get back to me as soon as possible with your Home address so that i can confirm now with the shipper if they can pick-up at your address, once they confirm that they can pick-up at your address, then i can make next process on payment arrangement as soon as possible today ok..

Thanks

CShaw 10 yrs ago
Hi, we got the same scam! I think he is super active here!!! Below is what he message me. On email his name is Wayne.

He asked me to provide my bank account number and address so that he can transfer the money and ask the shipper to come and collect the product, which I did and later on I realize he always ignore my questions, I ask his phone number, where he lives, etc.

Is this too late now? What he can do with my personal details including phone number, I started to worry! Should I go to the bank or police, can I have some advise here?

Ed, Please block him from AsiaXPAT!!!

zych7 10 yrs ago
I have report it to Western Union. Perhaps you can do the same so they will act on this scam

sharin 10 yrs ago
BEWARE of chap who goes by 26chrisr. He's trying to sell a LED tv. Supposedly only used once but when pm , it's supposedly brand new and then he mentions there's others to sell as well. Seems to be acting like a dealer. One moment, keen to sell & next moment trying to flog you with something else! Even gives u websites to buy from somewhere else???! Mobile given but kept getting machine. When asked abt it, he said he doesn't know how to upgrade his smartphone!!! Whole thing. Whole thing very dodgy indeed.

katherine80 10 yrs ago
I was contacted by ruthwu as described above and had the same email exchange with wpurvis690@gmail.com. He provided the below western union details -obviously I will not be transferring anything but just to warn anyone else in a similar position. I think Western Union require ID to receive money so it is possible that "Bill" may use these details again.

ZIPC0DE: 56000

dymaxion 10 yrs ago
Hi, we also got contacted by this scammer. It was v suspicious as they were not providing phone number, and also when I asked them to call my number they repeatedly ignored / refused to do so. Next they said the sale was good and to provide address details for shipping overseas. This was the final straw absolutely ridiculous as for a $3000 HKD garden table set, it would cost you about the same again to ship it overseas.

Are there people really that naive that would blindly wire money to scammers like this? I guess there must be otherwise they would not be doing this!

Good luck everyone.

==== Message for reference ====

Date: 13 June 2014 04:04

Subject: Re: Rattan table and chairs

Sounds good and price is agreed $3000 for the sale and i will be responsible for the pick-up.

gothic 10 yrs ago
Big Big scammer....watch out !!!

----------------

re:

Sent: June 16/14 7:1AM

Reply me to: wpurvis690@gmail.com

Thanks

LMJAAZ 10 yrs ago
This is probably done by some Nigerians operating out of Chung King Mansion. You should call HKPD and arrange for a sting to nab the SOBs.

bianbian1123 10 yrs ago
There is no such address in Kuala Lumpur. 1394, Jalan Padang Lallang (also mis spelled) is in Penang.

I got contacted by this Waye Purvis too. Luckily I didn't wire any penny to this person. I told him I didn't want to proceed the transaction, and he started threatening me. Anyway. Be careful, Everyone.

ZIPC0DE: 56000

george8 10 yrs ago

Scammer A/C:JENNIFER.LOUISE36

Alright....please I want you to help me send it to Lagos, Nigeria as a birthday gift to a friend. I will send you $300 USD including shipping cost via EMS express mail....this is my paypal email adeniyioluwashina@hotmail.com , send payment request for the payment...

rrruriko 10 yrs ago
I had a Nigerian scam trying to get me to transfer HKD7600 to a western union account in order to receive my money for selling my car.

He did not contact me via asiaxpat, only whatsapp. His whatsapp number is: +234 806 475 0938

Thanks

jostee 10 yrs ago
Just found out this scam sharing forum! Just want to share thatI believeusername "harry123" & "lisasate" have also became "mike111", please beware!!

-------------------------

hello seller I will like you to get back to me now if you still have this for sale urgently. ..reply me back through your private email if you are a serious seller at . jonnyjames699@yahoo.com ..do not reply me back here if you are a serious seller . willing to purchase it today urgent plz

henson 9 yrs ago
Scammer as follow:

Hello...do you still have it for sale..pls reply back to my personal email with the asking price,that's the only way i can get back to you.. LUCKYMAN10011@GMAIL.COM

------------------------------------------------------

Piri-Piri 9 yrs ago
Sheesh... am being given the run around by Bevan about my car... Bloody moron.

I haven't got an email from him yet, we are using whatsapp. Immediately got suspicious as the number isn't a HK one. He's currently in Africa, his wife is sick and can't view the car, he'll arrange a driver, blah, blah, blah...

Seriously.

The phone number is +234 825 248 4478, and the id picture is a friendly-looking Asian man in a restaurant.

I'm wondering: should we report these guys to the police? After all, others could be tricked...

jostee 9 yrs ago
Scammer below, please help to block the a/c....

Good Day, I am seeking to transact a financial business investment with you in your country. I am seeking to transfer the sum $6.5m USD into your bank account for business investment Project in your country. then when the money gets into your account, i will come down and meet with you for business investment discussions.Please reply, so i will explain the whole process to you. Reply at @ jimmykr545@consultant.com Jimmy

RR 9 yrs ago
Dear Jostee,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The user has been banned accordingly.

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Robin

boscoa 9 yrs ago
This is also scammer below

------------------------

Hello,friend I am miss conni eissa,I am interested knowing you because i have an important issue to discuss with you,please contact me via this e-mail ( connieissa44@hotmail.com )waiting for your email to send my pictures and tell you more about me, your friend, conni eissa

Akhil maria 9 yrs ago
Here is one that I have been getting looks like a scam :

You have a new personal message.
Title: RE: RE: Response to your Classified: Iphone 4 - Excellent condition 32 gb with original box.
Please kindly write me in my email (sandralovesgloeckner@gmail.com)

Ed 9 yrs ago
Beware of Scams

Do not transact with anyone who is using Paypal, Westtern Union etc.
Always test appliances and electronics before paying for them
Some common scams are outlined here

Do not transact with anyone who is not physically located in Hong Kong
Always inspect goods before paying for them
If you see suspicious behaviour please copy the ad and email it to info@asiaxpat.com

ickipoo 9 yrs ago
I recently posted an ad for selling a smartphone and very surprised to receive 3 emails, all from different users so they say, who are outside of HK.

I am very suspicious of these, the first one I replied saying that they need to pay the item + shipping first before I ship the item, no response received from her. When I received 2 more emails of such kind, I totally ignored it.

I hope asiaxpat can get rid of these scammers.

Below are the messages:

Response to your Classified: New LG G2 mini
Back Reply Delete
I am interested in buying your product Please kindly reply to (rebeccabarrengeraus@gmail.com) Rebecca

Back Reply Delete
Do you still have this Item for sell?Let me know is condition and the cost of the Item...Reply me back now to my email: angelact65@gmail.com..Thanks and am waiting for your reply now

Back Reply Delete
I want to buy, is it available to meet face-face or you can post and i will pay for shipping ?? reply me directly to my email (carynfx@gmail.com) and i will reply you immediately

bimble 9 yrs ago
I also had a scammer trying to purchase my tickets I had for sale, asked me to post out tickets once I received an email from a fictional bank saying funds will be transferred once tickets received.

It was such an easy scam to spot I am wondering if anyone falls for it.

Ed 9 yrs ago
Overnight we have added an IP block that prevents anyone who is not in Hong Kong from sending messages to advertisers in the classifieds.

As most of the scammers are not in HK this should reduce this activity dramatically

tangohkd 9 yrs ago
I think this is a silly move. Scammers are all over the place. They may use a VPN to access your site. Since you do not have an app or a mobile site, most of your users access your website from their desktops, most of the times at work. Many corporates would have their IT setup in Singapore and also access the internet through leased lines of a Singapore ISP. Despite being in HK, this IP block would prevent them from interacting with genuine buyers and sellers.

Ed 9 yrs ago
As I have indicated... the only fool proof way to stop these people is to understand that it is highly unlikely that anyone who is not in Hong Kong would be purchasing used goods from a classifieds site in Hong Kong... and not transact with these people.

The IP block will stop less sophisticated scammers from sending messages... if we find it does not work we will look at if it is possible to block anyone who is using a vpn

RCD 9 yrs ago
Asiaxpat needs to state to anyone offering items for sale these issues... Might recommend something like this 1-we only sell locally one to one or -we only except WU from scammers easy. Stop with the warnings as most if not all items for sale are sold in HK just a thought tks

patt62 9 yrs ago
Recent scam involves people posing as us navy officers using their navy credit union. Included shipping address in peng chau.

Mingsta 9 yrs ago
@ RCD: eh?

Patt62, yes, I was on the hook with that Peng Chau crew. I still am unclear how the scam works. They give an address to which the item will be sent. If sent registered mail, they recipient would need to collect from the PO with ID, thereby making them traceable.

Can anyone enlighten me?

jostee 9 yrs ago
Potential scammer below as I've received a dozen of same messages from the same person. Please help block. Thx.

where can we meet for fast trade or you help me post after full payment mail me(cheungkamching00@gmail.com)and i will reply you asap

是我们能满足快速交易,或者你帮我发布后全额付款mail给我(cheungkamching00@gmail.com),我会尽快回复您

CarolineW 9 yrs ago
Responding to Jostee - I had the same scammer, posing as a buyer. Also using CheungKam as Asiaxpat username to respond to a number of my ads. Response method is the same as Jostee's above. Asks me to respond to his email, cheungkamching00@gmail.com, and said will transfer money to me via a Californian bank. Doesn't transfer the money, but says he already did via email; I get a confirmation email from the Bank saying that the money has been transferred, but that there's an extortionate minimum for the transfer to be successful. CheungKam then emails me and says I must first transfer him a USD sum (more than the price of my goods) to his Western Union bank account (not HK located, and account name doesn't match CheungKam's name). He tells you to send the goods to a Cheung Chau address in Hong Kong.

Bullocks!
I've reported to Asiaxpat and apparently his user account has been banned.

Beware of the same tactics. He/she can easily set up a new account on Asiaxpat to carry out the same scam. Recognise the fact patterns and red flags.

Always demand:
- Cash on delivery
- Never give out your personal information, including addresses, bank accounts, full name etc. At least not the first time you've dealt with the seller re a bank account.
- And if you do opt for a HK bank transfer, never send out your goods until you've actually received the money - check your online bank account first, as receipts of transferred money can still be fake.
- Whenever you hear Western Union, run. These days no one uses Western Union for transfers anyway. Avoid Paypal too as similar scams happen to paypal users.
- Only deal with HK buyers and sellers. Ask them early where they are located - do not assume that if they have a HK sounding name that they are from here. If not in HK, don't trade. The fact that CheungKam used a very HK sounding email doesn't mean he's actually from HK.

Hope no one got scammed on this one. Be alert.

andrewjohn1317 9 yrs ago
I now understand what They should be a WAY to stop these people! Let's all put our heads together.

Chan Chia Yung 9 yrs ago
This is also scammer below, please delete....

How much is the final price of this item ? please mail me directly only if you can post oversea through colebryanna9@gmail.com).. Thank You

Adelaide715 9 yrs ago
Same here - Scammer accounts: babicolee / bricico

Date: 2015年6月24日 21:01:52 [GMT+8]
Subject: Re: CLASSIFIED: GIVENCHY ANTIGONA MEDIUM LEATHER SATCHEL
thanks for the mail, well i need to tell you that since you got the confirmation mail from my bank, you will need to go ahead and make the shipment of the item first and Email the shipment receipt to my bank and when my bank got the shipment receipt, they can release the funds to your account ..

So right now , kindly go ahead and send the item first and Email the shipment receipt to my bank and when my bank got the shipment receipt, they can release the funds to your account
So let me know once the shipment of the item has been made
Thanks

Chan Chia Yung 9 yrs ago
Asiaxpat has banned her user account bricbric / bricico but she just created more account currently babicolee which also banned this morning by Asiaxpat. I have reported to Asiaxpat once i saw her email address colebryanna9@gmail.com !!!

Please report to Info@asiaxpat.com ASAP.
At least this will give her trouble of creating new user name. = )

Mingsta 9 yrs ago
Seems like there's now a new strategy being tried:

The ad:
Canon 600 Rebel T3i 600D 18.0MP Digital
District Lantau Island
Posted 7/1/2015
Price: :650 HKD
Canon 600 Rebel T3i 600D 18.0MP Digital

Their response to my enquiry:
hello
thanks for your mail and interest to our company.
yes, we have Canon rebel T3i 600d brand new original never used made in japan sealed in box...
the item we cost you 650hkd with delivery fee to your doorstep.
Delivery takes 3-4 days before it get to the buyer.
Shipment will get to you through ems/dhl/fedex
NOTE: Courier tracking code will be sent to you to enable you monitor
your goods online before it get to you.
How many unit did you want to buy?
We will be expecting your response soonest.
Best regards
mgnt.

After asking about COD, I got this:
no we dont accept cash on delivery in our company
you can make half payment to proceed the shipping to you and after you can complete the payment
and after that a tracking code will be sent to you to monitor your goods online

So beware of "Profitablesales" AKA "Profitablethieves".

skassam 9 yrs ago
I didn't get as far as the Paypal payment email, but have had two suspicious messages regarding the car I am selling which asked me to contact them by email. Both sent exactly the same list of questions below.

The email addresses were david robert and mary robert kelvin

Thanks for the fast reply, i saw your AD and I'm
interested in buying the car, i will like to know few
information about the car, firstly i would like you to answer my questions:

Are you the first owner ?
Why are you selling it ?
when last is it used ?
How much is your last Price?
do you have all the necessary document ?
Would you consider to sell overseas ?
Would You mind if i arrange a pickup service for the pickup and documentation ?
i will be paying you via bank transfer , let me know if its okay and
kindly send me more picture if available.

Waiting for your soonest reply
Regards...

Thanks for your fast reply , i will pay your asking price, so means am
buying the car from you , All documentation will be taken care of by
the PickUp Agent. I will be paying you via bank transfer , and
regarding the pick up agent , I will be contacting the World Wide
Shipping Courier today to calculate the pick up fee so i will be
needing your address or where the car is packed to calculate the pick
up fee from your house to turkey. so please send me below information

Name :
Address :
Phone Number:
Email Address for contact with the courier

Once i have this information they will be able to calculate the pickup
fee and they will come for pickup after they receive payment they will
responsible for Test drive and Check Up. i will take care of the
pickup agent fee and i will get back to you once they calculate the
pickup amount.Waiting for you soonest reply with more pics also
Regards...

li'lbean 9 yrs ago
I've been fishing for more information from a new scammer, although he has been reported on other websites using a combination of the same and different details. Four different names have been given -
on Asiaxpat he uses andercarera;
email is Captain Patrick Lee leepatrick400@gmail.com;
also sends fraudulent emails under the guise of Navy Federal Credit Union Bank (NFCUBANK);
Western Union details: Qian Chen in Zigong, China;
postal addressee Timothy Chen of 102 San Hing St Cheung Chau (not a residential address); he claims to reside in the U.S.;
and uses a Nigerian phone number (+234) for whatsapp messages.

His scam is very similar to the PayPal scam. You'll receive an email from the 'NFCUBANK' (obviously from the scammer because it is full of grammatical errors) to say the money transferred to your account is on hold awaiting you emailing a copy of the registered post receipt. Then you'll be asked to post the advertised email immediately through registered post and email a copy of the receipt to the 'bank'. Do this and you'll receive another email from the 'bank' informing you that the amount being transferred to your account does not meet some minimum transfer amount so the buyer (scammer) will 'transfer' US$900 into your account, which will also be on hold until you transfer US$700 via Western Union and email the receipt to the 'bank'. If you do this, the money will go directly from your bank account into his hands and of course the money 'on hold' for you will never end up in your account because it is a scam.
I'm posting these details so anyone who may be suspicious may find one of the details listed here and avoid being a victim (fortunately I was alerted to the scam because of the poorly written email from the bank asking for the items to be posted immediately, but if English is your second language you may not notice). The scammer was very pushy, tried to use emotion and religion to strengthen his argument, and was extremely persistent! He even called my phone (appeared on my screen as 'unknown'). My advice is to cease all communication immediately. His details span four different countries so catching him is not going to happen. Be aware!

motherof2 9 yrs ago
I have been contacted by this Patrick Lee also for a baby item I was selling. Received the same email you have mention from this Navy Federal Credit Union Bank saying that he has already transferred the money for the item and requested that I post him the item immediately. Also asked for proof of registered postage before they can release the money into my account.
He is a fake and he has the same Nigerian phone number for his What's App.
He even called my phone today after I refused to send him the USD 700 which he asked for.
I am going to report this to the police!!

li'lbean 9 yrs ago
I'm sorry you are experiencing this. There is a cyber crime unit in HK but they only deal with crimes committed here. If you have already posted the item(s) through registered post then you can get the package back by calling the registered mail section of HK post. You'll need to write a letter explaining you need the item returned (you'll need to collect it from one of the mail centers if it hasn't yet been delivered) due to being a victim of a mail/cyber crime, sign it, and fax the letter and registered mail receipt to the number they give you. If the package has already been delivered you may be able to get a contact number for the real addressee through googling the address. Good luck.

ginger1977 9 yrs ago
kattycomport101@gmail.com

I was contacted yeterday by the above email - also a paypal request

eggyeggyegg 9 yrs ago
just contacted by mikewillfred231 also

the email is mikewillfred@gmail.com

ajking 9 yrs ago
This should really be a warning on all classified pages:

I got the same message from Mike Wilfred also, see below:

Thanks for your response..I'm quite satisfied with the condition and price,and I need you to understand that i am willing and ready to purchase it right away, end the advert, consider me as your favorite buyer.I will be paying the PayPal charges from my account and i will be paying directly into your PayPal account without any delay, and i hope you have a PayPal account. If you have one already, just send me the address to send it to, which is the email address you use for it or you can send me a PayPal money request, so once i receive the details i will go ahead with the payment through PayPal and then i will contact my shipping company after you get the payment. I will need your home address for it to be Picked Up by the Shipping Company..

Name:Mike Willfred
City:Juarez
State:Chihuahua
Zip code:32600
House Adrress:2536 Martin Luis Guzman, México
Tel:+61130054087

So kindly get back to me with your PayPal details like this below
Full Name:
PayPal Email:
Best Price:
House Address:
Tel:

As soon as i receive this information from you, I will proceed with the payment immediately and I have arranged for a staff of private transport to come to capture the subject in your house and take it to my door step and that will take care of collection of the document containing full information to collect the item at your door house

Trance Omega 9 yrs ago
User susan001 contacted me for my car advert.
Same paypal scam and used the email address susanmary100@gmail.com.
When I first got the message I knew straight away and googled her email address.
Funny thing is she asked me to post the item and I told her to read the ad before she scams as you cant normally stick a Mercedes CLK 200 in an envelope.

ajking 9 yrs ago
I also just received a message from susanmary.

She sounded like a bot as well.

Colbol 9 yrs ago
Received four emails similar to this one (see below) today.

Based on the wording of the message I will bet these guys are based in Nigeria!!

Just be wary and don't sell to overseas buyers!

Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 12:12 PM

Thanks for your response..I'm quite satisfied with the condition and price,and I need you to understand that i am willing and ready to purchase it right away, end the advert, consider me as your favorite buyer.I will be paying the PayPal charges from my account and i will be paying directly into your PayPal account without any delay, and i hope you have a PayPal account. If you have one already, just send me the address to send it to, which is the email address you use for it or you can send me a PayPal money request, so once i receive the details i will go ahead with the payment through PayPal and then i will contact my shipping company after you get the payment. I will need your home address for it to be Picked Up by the Shipping Company..

Name:Cambel Smith
City.:Chicago
State: Illinois
Zip code:60649
House address: 7251 S South Shore Dr Apt # 10k IL Chicago

Full name:
PayPal Email:
Price:
House Address:
Zipcode:
Tel:

As soon as i receive this information from you, I will proceed with the payment immediately and I have arranged for a staff of private transport to come to capture the subject in your house and take it to my door step and that will take care of collection of the document containing full information to collect the item at your door house

Ed 9 yrs ago
We've just implemented the following --- all messages sent to advertisers will now include this warning message....

You have a new message.
[MessageContent]
Link: click here

BEWARE OF SCAMS!
• DO NOT TRANSACT WITH ANYONE WHO IS USING PAYPAL, WESTERN UNION OR ANY OTHER FORM OF OFFLINE PAYMENT REQUESTS
• DO NOT TRADE ELECTRONIC DEVICES AT MTR STATIONS
• ALWAYS TEST APPLIANCES AND ELECTRONICS BEFORE PAYING FOR THEM
• DO NOT TRANSACT WITH ANYONE WHO IS PHYSICALLY NOT LOCATED IN HONG KONG
• ALWAYS INSPECT GOODS BEFORE PAYING FOR THEM
• IF YOU SUSPECT SUSPICIOUS BEHAVIOUR PLEASE PLEASE THE AD AND EMAIL IT TO INFO@ASIAXPAT.COM

GJRC 9 yrs ago
SusanMary100@gmail.com and KattyComport101@gmail.com trying to Paypal scam me today.

Colbol 9 yrs ago
PayPal have an email address you can send suspicious or scamming emails to. They are collecting this data in order to try and trace these guys.

Every email counts. By forwarding a suspicious-looking email to spoof@paypal.com, you have helped keep yourself and others safe from identity theft.

Thanks,
The PayPal Team

Ed 9 yrs ago
We have continuous reports of people selling defective electronic devices --- they usually ask to meet in the MTR --- because people cannot test them there....

If you want to transact in the MTR I suggest you indicate that you will provide a copy of your HKID card to demonstrate you are not involved in any scams

xpat63 9 yrs ago
I also received a msg from Cambelsmith36@gmail.com:

Hi,how are you doing?Am interested in buying.How long have you ownedit?? what's your actual price for it? kindly reply to my email *****Cambelsmith36@gmail.com*** Best Regard

And from EXISSTED:

To.whom it may concern,
G'day ,how is it going, I hope that all is going well and life is treating you royally, my name is archon but you can call me A, I am interested in the item you are selling and am very excited about it, if you can contact me by whatsapp or call me on 94903993. I would be very grateful, please remind me of the item and the price, and what you are selling, as I can be quite forgetful at most times. Please contact me and I am waiting in anticipation, hope to hear from you soon. Take good care of yourself now. And wish you all the best.
Archon.
Can pick up be in soho, on Elgin St, near the escalator, 7/11.
Thank you

Maybe there should be a list of names on the classifieds main page or at the top of inbox to warn others who are repeatedly reported and are "obviously out to scam people". There should be a list somewhere for us to check.

Ed 9 yrs ago
We've got these scam messages all over the site --- however people continued to be ripped off so it would seem they are not seeing the messages or ignoring them...

Therefore we made a decision a few weeks ago to insert the warning into the messages sent to advertisers making it pretty much impossible to not notice them...

From your comments -- and the fact that reports of people losing money to these scammers has dropped off to zero ....

It would appear that this 'boo' trategy has worked.

xpat63 9 yrs ago
"And a listing to publicise untrustworthy users here who say that they want an item --AND-- then never turn up."

Def. agree with that!

Good to hear the deterrents are beginning to work.

Thanks Ed

Ed 9 yrs ago
If people are running a retail operation through the classifieds --- or not showing up for appointments - let robin@asiaxpat.com know and we will remove them from the site

belavviu 9 yrs ago
I have the person saying from Mexico, Mike Wilfred asking me to open a paypal account, but I feel very strange as he doesn't even look into my piano.

Here is his message.

Name:Mike Willfred
City:Juarez
State:Chihuahua
Zip code:32600
House Adrress:2536 Martin Luis Guzman, México
Tel:+12563332419

Full Name:
PayPal Email:
Best Price:
House Address:
Tel:

nkcheung 8 yrs ago
If you open account thru me, i can assist you to apply for the high volume transaction. So, you can decrease the chance of holding paypal account. Anyone can call 25293921 or email to nkcheung@paypal.com before setting up a paypal account.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad