employer / employee

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by sirius1212 18 yrs ago
I have a feeling i was let go from my job because of one of my bosses unstable nature. Whats it like to sue for potential loss of income here in HK as i did not last my full 2 yr term?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Claire 18 yrs ago
Check your contract. Were you "guaranteed" payment for 2 years whether or not the contract is terminated?

TC 18 yrs ago
Unless there's some sort of guarantee in your contract I'd say your chances of winning are next to zero.

sirius1212 18 yrs ago
i dont. i was let go due to an unstable bosses emotions...

associates 18 yrs ago
Usually either party of an employment contract may terminate the contract by notice or payment in lieu of notice. Provided that proper notice/ payment in lieu of notice has been given and all entitlements (and benefits) paid you are unlikely to be able to sue for potential loss of income.

If you require advice specific to your situation we suggest that you have a consultation with one of our senior lawyers (the cost of a first consultation is HK$2,500) to better understand your case and to enable us to provide you with advice.

If you wish to meet with us please contact our Ms. Wong on tel. 2526-1767 for an appointment.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad