Dependant Visa Enquiries

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by icute 9 yrs ago
Hi I have a few dependant visa enquiries and would be grateful if anyone out there can answer provide some insights:

1. Can a person who holds a tourist visa (married in HK) applied for a dependant visa in-country, as in applying in HK or does he has to leave the country?

2. Assuming that we can apply in-country, can we leave HK for our honey moon whilst our application is still being processed?

3. Re the financial part, any guideline on how much a person has to earn or can we also submit the financial strength of the applicant in the application? Does the immigration department only interested in the financial strength of the sponsor?

4. Re the accommodation part, as we are currently staying with our parents, will a letter from our parents confirming this suffice for the immigration purposes?

5. Really would be grateful if someone can provide some insights to us!

Thanks.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
jagged123 9 yrs ago
I am from Ghana,, married in hk to originally chinese mainlander with permanet resident in hk.
but i am yet to receive my hk id, for almost a year now,, my questions are :

Can I get employment or work with my (dependant) spouse visa.
if yes, what are the list of work or employment am I entitled to?

2,what might be causing the delay in getting my Identity card ? my wife has no criminal records or broken any law or owing the government as far as i can tell

pedigree 9 yrs ago
If you hold a dependent visa you can work at whatever you wish to work at and that includes setting up your own business.

Re your ID card - I assume an application was submitted for it? Did you make an appointment and submit your forms? To the best of my knowledge once you have your visa sorted getting the ID card should only be a formality really. Have you chased up your application ever? Maybe it got mislaid at immigration?

jagged123 9 yrs ago
Thanks alot pedigree, I really appreciate your response,, I guess the application was mislaid or something, because I have asked my wife to look into it, they asked her to come back after a month .. A friend told me that her employment status( she is in sales) and salary(10,000hkd) might be the issue , is this true, can her employment status or type of work be an issue, because i saw on the internet:Reasonable proof that she can support you in Hong Kong. how reasonable sir , ? is her small salary and employment status an issue here, please advise

pedigree 9 yrs ago
Has your dependent visa been approved ie do you hold a current dependent visa in your passport? I thought from your initial question that you had your visa and it was ONLY the ID card that you didn't have?

jagged123 9 yrs ago
yes i have visa, it is renewed by the immigration, every month,but i am talking about hk id,,

pedigree 9 yrs ago
Ok. Well if you have to have it renewed every month it sounds like your situation is pretty unusual to be honest. My dependent visa is renewed every 12 months so I think that my situation is very different to yours. Best to just get in touch with immigration re your ID card. Maybe somebody else reading this can help you more.

Best of luck.

jagged123 9 yrs ago
THANKS FOR YOUR ANSWERS PEDIGREE, THIS ISSUE OF "Reasonable proof that she can support you in Hong Kong".as one of the requirements from my spouse,how reasonable can her support be , or which level of support is considered or can be said to be reasonable?

pedigree 9 yrs ago
Hi jagged123,

I do not know what is considered 'reasonable' but there is something I have remembered as regards getting your ID card. At the time of application for your ID card you must have at least 6 months remaining on your visa. If all you are getting visa wise is one month at a time this means that you are not elligible to apply for a ID card. I guess when your wife's income increases substantially you may then get a longer visa (at least 6 months is needed) and you could then apply for your ID card.

This is all the advice I can give you at the moment.

jagged123 9 yrs ago
hi, pedigree, i hope am not disturbing you much,, a friend of mine is having similar experience as i am having,, but he is married with a tourist visa from Ghana,, his is almost one year now,, and he is yet to have get his I.D,, his wife works in this place as my wife,, can you offer any advice?

pedigree 9 yrs ago
I don't think a person can get an ID card if all they have is a tourist visa.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad