iPhone5s for two

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by d_100 11 yrs ago
Hi, I'm about to move to HK and planning to get an iPhone 5s for me and my partner. I wonder what would be the best deals - 1) sign up for plan incl. device, or 2) buy iPhone and get sim plan separately.

I sympathise with 2), as travelling a lot and don't like the idea of being locked up in a 24 month plan.

Any advice where to get bet sim only deals currently?

Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere, and thanks for suggestions.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
community advice 11 yrs ago
Hi, it is cheaper to buy you own phone and buy a sim card from any 7-11 or circle K. plus you can also get the sim cards from a lot of shops where they sell phones.

JennyTalia 11 yrs ago
Plus you need only to pay about 50% of the "ticket price" when you buy prepaid SIM cards at Apliu Street, ShamShuiPo !

Just get yourself "another brand" with TWO SIM card slots and travel as you wish without huge roaming bills. [And they are cheaper than CrApple models].

&&& 10 yrs ago
Ultimately, it costs a lot more to get the "free" phone from a contracted plan. Unless you use the maximum minutes etc.

For those who don't use that many minutes eg those in an office setup, then, there are plans costing less per month. It's a lot less if you therefore get your own phone. PCCW is where I got my minimum plan with enough data as I am always near wifi.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad