mattress question

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by greenman 18 yrs ago
Can anyone recommend a good brand? I'm looking for a firm/very firm mattress (back trouble)the ones from Ikea don't seem to do the trick. Have seen adverts for Simmonds? Are they available from places like Wing On?

Thanks

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
@@ 18 yrs ago
Wing on is a good place to go, I would suggest you go and have a look then order online, you get a discount through the website.

hkchoichoi 18 yrs ago
we got a GREAT firm mattress from Pricerite in Causeway bay. With a frame - I think we paid less than $3000

greenman 18 yrs ago
Thanks! I'll try both

the_poor_man 18 yrs ago
You see, that's the thing. For really firm mattresses, you really don't need to spend a lot. Firm mattresses deteriorate at a much slower rate than soft ones. Orthofirm is a great brand.

Robyn 18 yrs ago
There is a great furniture store Myer near the Ngau Tau Kok MTR staion. It is next to millennium city.

Its a store like we get in Australia and NZ with westurn furniture and a selection of great priced matresses.

micchira 18 yrs ago
You can check out SIMMONS at Prince's Building. They have several models specially made for backache problems.

diana siman 18 yrs ago
We use Simmons Beauty Rest for back care (we paid over HKD10,000), somehow, every morning when we woke up, the back hurts even more. I think you don't really need an expensive one, get a firm mattress and get a memory foam from sinomax or similar brand (I think it's similar to Tempur). Put it on top of your mattress. When we traveled to the US a few months ago, our hotel have memory foam on top of the mattress, and we did not suffer from backache.

AYM 18 yrs ago
My husband has a very bad back problem too. Expensive mattress is not necessary. We sleep on an 2-inch thick healthy mattress from Seahorse. It should be under $1,000 for a Queen size. He is very happy with it.

the_poor_man 18 yrs ago
Like I said, Orthofirm is a great brand, and instead of spending $10,000, you'll spend $2,000.

Sealy? Simmons? Stupid.

allynz 18 yrs ago
Our King Coil from Pricerite is quite firm and very comfy. I've had back ache from beds before but no problems with this bed.

Becs 18 yrs ago
the poor man> Does Orthofirm has any branch where I can go and purchase? Can you please tell me the address or tell? I cant find in google.. Thanks!

greenman 18 yrs ago
Thanks for so much good advice, have tried the Simmons, Sealy and King Coil, all very good but expensive! Going to try at Pricerite as suggested. Poorman, do you know any retail shops for Orthofirm?

Thanks

the_poor_man 18 yrs ago
I think Pricerite carries Orthofirm... :)

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad