foor massage etiquetes

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Xshoequeen 11 yrs ago
I had a wonderful foot massage but, a really sour clientele experience so was wondering if I was expecting too much. By the way, it was my off time from the kids in 3 months so must be jaded as I was really looking forward to this....I know it sounds like venting but, I am just here for honest advises!!

1. is is ok to gossip while doing foot massage in the public space? I was uncomfortable hearing these ladies talking about a mother from my children's school and back stabbing her. In front of me, they pretend to be the happy expat community.( I look Asian so I assume they didn't know I am a native english speaker or they didn't really care who I was)

2. Is it ok to complain that the reading light is too bright? The lady next to me complained that my reading light ( I was trying to catch up on People and Hello!) was too bright. The place couldn't fix it so I had to turn it off and pass on the juicy hollywood gossips.

I just thought, it is a foot massage for god's sake, if you need everything perfect and privacy, book a private room or go to a spa.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Xshoequeen 11 yrs ago
Hi Malka, yeap, you're right, I should be the one booking a private space but, it just triggered me to think about gossiping about people and the integrity of a mother of a child.

Just a thought!

Xshoequeen 11 yrs ago
Malka, I would have loved you to be in that situation. With your agressive attacking people when people are only asking for advise, I wonder what you have done.

Hellp and People are yes gossips but, it is a magazine where even the people in there sell their souls to get on it. It is entertainment. There is a reason why these mags are at people's disposal at hair salons, nail salons, and spas. We just use them as pure entertainment and nothing beyond, however, gossiping about a real person in a society as small as Hong Kong expat community is vile.

A foot massage in general consensus is a place of relaxation and as the woman who complained that the light was too bright, you have to respect other people's well being.

A loud spoken gossip and enjoying a public gossip magazine are 2 different sources. If they needed to gossip that loud bringing in alcohol not paying respect to other clients, I think it is about integrity.

I really don't need your lecture about my integrity, thanks.

Xshoequeen 11 yrs ago
You're right and I did ask for honest opinions also, life is too short to be stressed out. Thanks for pointing it out!

I guess I was quite shocked at the sight I saw and thought not again all the way in this sanctuary. i get a lot of inconsideration from expat wives and once they see that my husband is Caucasian and, that I am from a different Asian country, they flip their attitude. I always think it is so narrow minded and really rude to the place and local people that are hosting them and providing them with such life. Of course I cannot generalise but......

Anyway I guess I was quite sour! Thx for the wake up call Malka!

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad