Hit and Run by taxi. Desperate for advice

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Carmen-Goodwin 10 yrs ago
While crossing the road 2 weeks ago I was hit by a taxi. It knocked me clean off my feet and then drive off. It ran over my foot breaking a few bones in my foot and ankle. Due to how sudden everything happened, I was not able to get the license plate number before the taxi drove off. The ambulance and the police arrived shortly thereafter and rushed me to hospital. The police took a statement and opened a case for 'hit and run'.

I'm now unable to walk on my foot for the next 8 weeks, am unable to go to work and have lost so much time and money through this ordeal.

Is it possible to sue the taxi association for 3rd party insurance? If so how to go about it?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
ling1234 10 yrs ago
No, you can't.

cookie09 10 yrs ago
you can only sue the legal party which is the owner of the taxi, sorry. could you check the CCTV from nearby places?

ling1234 10 yrs ago
cookie

how she can check the CCTV???? you think the police is so stupid and don't know how to investigate and waiting for your advise???

190k 10 yrs ago
Claim TAVAS (Traffic Accident Victims Assistance Scheme) especially set up for this type of accident or when offenders don't have insurance to pay. Ask the Police officer handling your case he will have the forms.

cookie09 10 yrs ago
yes ling, unfortunately sometimes police can't be bothered to do such things

sampaguita 10 yrs ago
I agree with Cookie.. you need to ask .. sorry this is how it goes with the Police now... you have t ask.. they are that stupid now..

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad