Australian Resident Return Visa

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Joseph Joseph 10 yrs ago
Hi everyone,

I got my Australian Permanent Resident Visa 10 years ago but I have not lived in Australia for a period of 2 years after obtaining the PR there, now I got married in Hong Kong and we got a family plan to migrate to Australia for good. However, my Aussie PR has expired and donno what I can do or should do to get my PR back as I have no valid PR to enter into the country of Australia nor to say I will have all the entitlements which I should have as a PR there. I have consulted with Aussie Consulate General which advised me to seek help and legal advice from a Registered Migration Agent or Lawyer in Australia.

I wonder if anyone here can help me out?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
angusbeeff 10 yrs ago
Try contact the embassy of Australia in Hong Kong, make a booking to see them instead of talk to them on phone cos they always try to less their workload and give useless advices on phone.

I have tried once called them for some issues and they said it's fine, then I headed back to Sydney and found it's absolutely NOT fine and got me wasted the trip and had to come back to Hong Kong..........

they have tightened their migration policies, it isn't as easy as the old good time already. I got 2 frens who's PR were expired and they couldn't get it back, it's so ironic that a Permanent Residency isn't permenent!!

Yes, you should seek advice from RMA or solicitors in OZ, cos none of the ppl in Hong Kong could give you proper advice.

some agency in China is better than those in HK tho.

If you ve tried everything and still in vain, you could take a look at my other post about replying a Mirgration to Australia post.

the cost is pretty high which i dun suggest ppl to do, but its still a way to migrate to OZ/NZ, only needed to live in OZ for 14 days and get your citizenship in 1.5 year.

kellyng 10 yrs ago
just come across your message. I had the same exp before as I got my PR long time ago but I did not stay sufficient time afterwards then came back to HK. I married in HK and had one daughter and my husband suggested to immigrate to Australia after visiting there with our daughter who also loves the place a lot and would like to study there too.

I spoke to few agents and lawyers who told me I could not get my PR back. I then searched on the MARA web site and rang up an Aussie Immigration Lawyer located in Hong Kong and consulted him about my case who said that he could help me got my PR back even though the migration laws has been amended lately. I suspected initially; however, after face to face consultation with him, I felt convinced and confident on my case but I got to pay for the consultation fee anyway. I followed the advice given by the aussie lawyer and give him all documentation as needed and required and he prepared a legal submission for me with many cited authorities and case laws and submitted to the Aussie embassy, around 2 weeks, I got my PR back. I was very happy that he helped me get my PR back and now I am doing my spouse visa for husband and daughter. I treated the lawyer for a nice dinner after getting my PR back. Their company is called "JR Marriott Migration".

the details are as follows for anyone who is in need of help:-

https://www.mara.gov.au/search-the-register-of-migration-agents/registered-migration-agent-details/?id=c4a52ec2-a452-e311-9402-005056ab0eca

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad