Sunscreen

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by mon3793 18 yrs ago
Can anyone recommend a sunscreen that does NOT sting eyes?? I know the Ella Bache one available in Australia (and probably elsewhere) does not but I have had no luck with many of the brands I've tried here including Coppertone Water Babies, Banana Boat Kids etc.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Claire 18 yrs ago
I use Sunsense by Ego. They make a sunscreen for sensitive skin and also a Toddler Milk (SPF 50+). I buy the sensitive one in HK. Don't know if the milk is available as I haven't needed to look for it.

Info about the toddler milk is here:

http://www.sunsense.co.uk/sun_uk_toddler.php

Yogini 18 yrs ago
Try the sunwipes from Pampers. I always use them for me little one and he never gets any in his eyes. I bought mine from Bumps to Babes.

mon3793 18 yrs ago
Thanks. Where do you get the Ego sunscreen? Will try both.

Claire 18 yrs ago
Usually get Sunsense from Fanda in Central although I have seen it in the odd Mannings.

turtle1 18 yrs ago
I use Mustela and Sun & Ski for face (?) which seems to be OK.

Wheelymate 18 yrs ago
hi mums,

what is a good sunscreen brand for babies and what spf?

i saw a few from coppertone, nivea and banana boat the shops just now. but they are at least spf 35. i am concerned as i read before somewhere that anything beyond spf 35, the chemicals might do more harm than good - i personally never use anything more than spf 30.

any advice? thanks!

doubibou 18 yrs ago
well if you're looking for a chemical-free one you have the ones from badger balm available in SPF 15 or 30 (more info there http://www.doubibou.com/summer/newsummer.html)

but the problem with chemical-formulated sunscreens is that the higher the SPF, the higher proportion of chemicals..

but it is also quite relative.. a SPF60 of one brand may be the equivalent of a SPF40 for another brand since there isn't any harmonization among all so well...

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad