Reputable dealer?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Sandpiper 18 yrs ago
We are new to Hong Kong and looking to buy our first car here - 2nd hand.

We have been looking at some of the dealers that advertise on this board. Does anyone have any recommendations....

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
throbbing 18 yrs ago
If you want a car to go from a to b then I would say do buy from an expat leaving - most just want to get rid of the car not mess about over a few thousand $$$ when they have so many other issues to worry about. Look on club notice boards & if you are not fussy about what you drive you can pick one up (maybe 6 years or so) for a real low price - two years of tax and parking costs more than many cars are sold for!

Sandpiper 18 yrs ago
thank you all for taking the time to answer, especially re the suggested tests to undergo. we found something from another expat - although for a while that was proving frustrating as the type of car we wanted was not coming up for sale - and also decided to limit our $exposure.

Thames 18 yrs ago
Ed, were some posts deleted on this thread? Just curious, as I seem to recall there being a bit of banter between Mango and others regarding idling engines, yet only Mango's post remains and it doesn't make sense read in isolation now. I'm sure the other posts weren't as aggressive as our cuddly Mango's (but then I also recall he's an advertiser on this site, which might explain why his reply wasn't deleted!)

Ed 18 yrs ago
Mango has been banned - just as we have banned him dozens of other times for subtley mocking others (and not so subtley) in the past.

We're experiencing an influx of troublemakers onto our forums due to a notorious site that panders such people being offline. Bear with me as we drive these people off with bans...

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad