Shenzhen - kids clothes?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Mrs Miggins 18 yrs ago
Can you buy kids/ toddlers cloothes/ socks/ hats/ accessories in Shenzhen? What are the best stalls?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
geiboyi 18 yrs ago
To be honest I can't imagine that you will get a better selection or better prices than in HK. Stanley Mkt/Fa Yuen St are stuffed with baby/kids stuff. You probably know this already, but really, Shenzhen I find a huge headache for everything except for tailors - that's now all I will go for.

south side 18 yrs ago
There are places that sell children's clothes, but they really try to rip you off if you're a gweilo. One guy keeps trying to charge my wife HK$300 per item. Not until she walks away saying that she can pay $59 for the same thing in Stanley, does he give in. Will ask her for the stall number and PM you.

geiboyi 18 yrs ago
Yes, but also in Stanley, and it's much less hassle!

Mrs Miggins 18 yrs ago
All v good points about Stanley but I am leaving HK and have to get my knock off gear in bulk as won't be coming back. Plus in-laws in town and they think Shenzhen is like a fairy grotto. Will humour tem and get all my Xmas pressies there for the next 10 years.

suze 18 yrs ago
Agree that the selection is not very good and the effort to haggle from at least $200 a piece down, but if you are willing to give it a go good luck! Good luck with your move!

tia 18 yrs ago
I agree. I bought some adorable outfits for friend's kids in Stanley. Also, if you want to go to China, there is a shop in Dongmon, away from Lo Wu that sells GREAT kids clothes for about 30 RMB per set.

ceeh 18 yrs ago
tia, is Dongmon on the Metro Line, 3 stops from Lowu? Does the Metro stop under the shopping centre?

AdelaideMum 18 yrs ago
I have to agree with previous postings. I have found the identical clothes in Stanley market that I bought at LOWU. I had to bargain really hard to get the clothes down in price at LOWU (walking away lots etc), and then saw the same items marked with similar prices at Stanley. If you buy bulk at Stanley they will reduce the prices quite well.

I didn't see alot of "real" name brands in LOWU - most were farely obvious copies. Stanley has more "real" name brands.

I used Ellen McNally's book for stall recommendations at LOWU. 3rd floor - stall 3287A had some OSH Kosh (probably copies) but I have washed them heaps and still look like new.

Ellen's latest book (just released) has a new section on the DONGMEN pedestrian mall which the Shenzhen locals shop at as they think LOWU is too expensive. Apparently you don't get harassed as much by the sales staff (I haven't been yet). It is on the metro (MTR) line. If you're thinking of going get the new book as it has good directions. There is also a Shenzhen guide recommended who takes you around, translates, helps you bargain etc. xiang.tour@tom.com

In Hua Qiang Bei Lu area (also on the metro line) there is a "children's world" for babies to 11 years old with toys and ready to wear.

Ellen says that outside of LOWU the styles are more Asian, but more factory outlets are opening up with western styles and sizes.

Have fun shopping

tia 18 yrs ago
Yes, the 2nd or 3rd stop from lo wu.

When you get out, head towards the McDonalds and turn right...go down the street about 2 or 3 blocks. It is on one of the corners...has LOADS of kids clothes. I bought 3 cute summer sets for my friend's baby girl for about 60RMB

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad