Permanent HKID for Spouse?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Anonymous 13 yrs ago
Does anyone know if an expat who has a permanent HKID card gets married to a foreigner, if the wife will immediately get permanent HKID status following the marriage?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
expatinhongkong 8 yrs ago
I have the following question related to getting married in HK:

1. Can I receive a dependent visa if I marry in Hong Kong with a foreigner who holds a Hong Kong Identity card (with an employment V visa, she is not a resident)?
If yes, how long does it take to receive the dependent visa?

2. If we marry, does it mean that my girlfriend will need to change her family name on her passport ?

3. If she is employed, does it mean that she has to change her marriage status within the company?

Thanks

mars2012hk 8 yrs ago
Hi
1. It depends on the nature of her visa. If she's eligible, it takes only a few days provided that you can demonstrate the wedding is genuine.
2. That depends on her nationality and the rules in her country.
3. Her employment contract decides for that, but she probably has to, yes.

Your questions sound very suspicious of someone trying to get married in order to obtain a visa, which is a crime of defraud in HK and could lead you and your GF to spend up to a maximum of 14 years in jail.

expatinhongkong 8 yrs ago
Hi,

1. As mentioned before, the nature of her visa is: "an employment V visa, she is not a resident".

2. Good point, we will find out in her country first.

3. We now know as a fact, she has to inform her company about her current status.

I didn't expect someone to see this suspicious, you seem to be well informed about this kind of crime.
The true is that we want to live together in the same place, she happens to be living and working here. Myself, I'm normally working remotely which won't be a crime as I'm legally settled in my country place where I pay my taxes and so forth.

evildeeds 8 yrs ago
1. If she has a legal employment/work visa then she is classed as resident in HK, although not a permanent resident. In that case she will be able to sponsor a spouse on a dependant visa. How long it takes to receive that dependant visa depends on various criteria, her nationality, your nationality, etc.

If she is on a supplementary labour visa or domestic helper visa then she is unable to sponsor a dependant visa.

2. As mentioned that has nothing to do with HK and more in line with her countries rules but in general no.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad