girlfriends? I´m an expat and left my

social-network behind. I really

miss the occasional night out and have

no clue how to find someone who goes

dancing with me.

And I don´t mean guys, because I´m married,

but a group of girls.

All the women I´ve met so far, were either too

old or simply not interested in nightlife.

Any tips?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
-Anne- 18 yrs ago

sheep 18 yrs ago
I know its tough, also me back home would once a month have a girly night out in town, here i agree everything is done in couples, i also miss my girly nights out.

Scissors 18 yrs ago
I really empathise. I have seen my closest friends leave at least 3 times in the 10 years i've been here. It's very demoralising. The one thing i have found is that it is much easier to make friends here than say London (where i come from). One great way to meet people is to join the football club or even the rugby club. I know a lot of people who are members there and they seem to have an amazing social life. I miss not having that connection with my girlfriends any more (cos they have gone and my job makes it hard for me to get out and meet more)...good luck...on one of the other threads (maybe in one of the other sections) I saw some people had decided to meet up so perhaps you could also look there

Scissors 18 yrs ago
Anne read the thread on sunday brunch.

jodiwhite 18 yrs ago
Hey Anne,

Chin up girlfriend! My name is Jodi and I am coming from LA - originally from Texas and I'm putting together a list for Sunday brunch. I'll add your name and perhaps that will give you an opportunity to meet more ladies to hang out with!!!

Jodi

MaryKay 18 yrs ago
Anne I understand totaly. I miss my girlfriends a great deal and I you can meet fabulous people, and I have but most have moved away. Jodi I sent you a message. I would love to join the ladies for brunch. I am also up for a ladies night some Wednesday as well! Any young married or unmarried ladies out there who would like to hang out during the day. I know most people are working such long hours but there must be some like me who would like to hang out, shop, go to the gym, swim, movies, etc

Anne if you are ever in Hong Kong send me a message and we can go out!

Meiguoren 18 yrs ago
Hi Anne in Guangzhou! Missing girlfriends can be a real problem, and you need a definite strategy to meet some people! This very day, there was a lunch sponsored by GWIC (Guangzhou Women's International Club). Have you tried attending a GWIC function? Look at the web page http://www.gwic.org because there's always something going on. Yes a lot of the members are older, but there is something for everyone including young. Also, it's a much smaller community of expats so (as in any "small town") try to be open minded about your expectations of who might be a friend. One advantage of having a smaller community is that people are very aware that they need to be supportive of one another and so they are.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad